Prediction 2021 Consensus Best 22 [DONE FOR ANOTHER YEAR]

Remove this Banner Ad

Thinking at this point that the EMGs be taken from the four next highest - currently Cas, Gibbons, Dow and Cuners.

I suggest an open vote will result in the same. That mix gives us a good balance, perhaps sans Newman.

Happy to do another open vote as per OP, too.

Yet you have just voted for Dow for the last spot, contradiction?

Anyway, let's just see how many games each player plays, same as last year when you didn't rate the likes of Newnes and Gibbons

How is that a contradiction?

I voted for 3 players who missed the consensus 21. Out of the 3, I voted for the pure mid for the 7th mid spot. Could just as easily voted Cunners.
And Newnes and Gibbons are missing this 22. They're depth players.

Nah, look at the voting. They are depth players in the eyes of the consensus of this board.

Yeap, here, not actual, as both Gibbons and Newnes both played more games than Dow and Cuners despite you telling everyone we had better options

Anyway, like last year, happy to have this discussion end of next year

Yeap, here, not actual, as both Gibbons and Newnes both played more games than Dow and Cuners despite you telling everyone we had better options

Anyway, like last year, happy to have this discussion end of next year
Yet you have just voted for Dow for the last spot, contradiction?

Anyway, let's just see how many games each player plays, same as last year when you didn't rate the likes of Newnes and Gibbons

and yet I noticed that you didn't vote for Newnes (whom is in your very own best 22) in the Mids vote.... did you even vote for him in the forwards?? Reason I point this out is because you repeatedly tell EVERYBODY that Newnes, Gibbons and Newman will all play if fit....

Do you think it would be reasonable to say that injuries played a significant part in that?

Doesn't it every year?

You were adamant that LOB and Dow were better options than Newnes and Gibbons, were LOB and Dow injured fir the whole year?

As for selecting Dow as the 7th mid, SPS has already been selected for that position, so your claim/vote is skewed once again

I prefer to vote for a tall that can cover anywhere down the spine, is that okay with you?

While Dow is ONLY a midfielder and while pleading "consensus", Murph, Cuners, Gibbons have more "consensus" votes, yeah?

Ready to move on?

and yet I noticed that you didn't vote for Newnes (whom is in your very own best 22) in the Mids vote.... did you even vote for him in the forwards?? Reason I point this out is because you repeatedly tell EVERYBODY that Newnes, Gibbons and Newman will all play if fit....

I don't have control on all areas do I? If faced with what's best for other areas, I will select accordingly

I also believe Gibbons should be in the side, but when faced with the last spot, Levi is more of a gameday need

Yes, I believe if fully fit, Newman, Newnes, Gibbons, Levi will all play most of the season

Doesn't it every year?

You were adamant that LOB and Dow were better options than Newnes and Gibbons, were LOB and Dow injured fir the whole year?

As for selecting Dow as the 7th mid, SPS has already been selected for that position, so your claim/vote is skewed once again

I prefer to vote for a tall that can cover anywhere down the spine, is that okay with you?

While Dow is ONLY a midfielder and while pleading "consensus", Murph, Cuners, Gibbons have more "consensus" votes, yeah?

Ready to move on?
Tevhnically, SPS was selected as the 6th mid as the the mids vote was 5+1, so really this last spot is the 7th mid (if you wish to have 7 mids in the team you vote for).

You can vote for whoever you want, that's what this is all about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Technically I would call a ruckman a mid, but that's another conversation

I have, thanks

Like last year, the ruck was a separate vote to stop people voting for 8 midfielders with no actual ruckmen. It used to happen.

Either way, if you're calling the ruck a mid, Samo was the 1st and only bench mid picked. My recollection suggests we normally pick 7 defenders, 8 mids (inc 1 ruck, starting onfield) and 7 forwards, which would involve to mids on the bench.

Like last year, the ruck was a separate vote to stop people voting for 8 midfielders with no actual ruckmen. It used to happen.

Either way, if you're calling the ruck a mid, Samo was the 1st and only bench mid picked. My recollection suggests we normally pick 7 defenders, 8 mids (inc 1 ruck, starting onfield) and 7 forwards, which would involve to mids on the bench.

Okay, still picking Levi for balance

Doesn't it every year?

Ready to move on?

Samo got the 6th mid spot, not the 7th.

Dow was injured for much of the year (I don't know what happened to LOB), but the point is that games played isn't really a measure of 'best'. 'Best available' sure, but neither does is point to a player in the team not being a depth player, when other better players are injured.

Samo got the 6th mid spot, not the 7th.

Dow was injured for much of the year (I don't know what happened to LOB), but the point is that games played isn't really a measure of 'best'. 'Best available' sure, but neither does is point to a player in the team not being a depth player, when other better players are injured.

Okay, let's break it down, whether I agree with the side or not

Marchbank named, meaning Willo can play on a wing

SPS on the bench can also rotate through the middle

JSOS, can also rotate through, or play forward, releasing Martin and or Fisher to rotate through the middle

Team has plenty of options for midfielders, Levi gets my vote for needs/balance

Okay, let's break it down, whether I agree with the side or not

Marchbank named, meaning Willo can play on a wing

SPS on the bench can also rotate through the middle

JSOS, can also rotate through, or play forward, releasing Martin and or Fisher to rotate through the middle

Team has plenty of options for midfielders, Levi gets my vote for needs/balance

The mid rotations are one (important) issue, but in terms of balance, you're picking all of Charlie, Harry, Levi, Gov and Jack Silvagni to play in the forwardline. I don't think that fits needs/balance at all.

Sorry Matty just my opinion but personally this is why i thought the voting of picking 7 defenders and other positions type strait up could probably imbalance the makeup of the final selected team... Can’t have 3 tall players on the final bench and the team has too many talls, love ya work though 👍

Last edited:
The mid rotations are one (important) issue, but in terms of balance, you're picking all of Charlie, Harry, Levi, Gov and Jack Silvagni to play in the forwardline. I don't think that fits needs/balance at all.

No no, I didn't pick that setup, so again you are reaching

Don't stress Stamos, we will dissect it again like we did this season

In the end it doesn’t really matter who we pick for our best 22 or for what stage of the season. Pretty sure the MC is not reading BF for clues on how to pick a side.

On the other hand, if this was the Suns board ...

Thinking at this point that the EMGs be taken from the four next highest - currently Cas, Gibbons, Dow and Cuners.

I suggest an open vote will result in the same. That mix gives us a good balance, perhaps sans Newman.

Happy to do another open vote as per OP, too.
Let’s vote! Stick with what works.

No no, I didn't pick that setup, so again you are reaching

Don't stress Stamos, we will dissect it again like we did this season

Sure you did. Charlie, Harry, Gov and Jack are already picked in the forwardline, and you want to add Levi.
I'm not reaching at all. You said you would pick Levi for balance in that team.

dome.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back