Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Walls say hi

Any midfield where the next cab off the rank is Brayden Ainsworth is a premiership contender.

Back in 2018 we had some spud named Dom Sheed come into the side when Gaff was suspended. We're through the looking glass now people.

Any midfield where the next cab off the rank is Brayden Ainsworth is a premiership contender.

Back in 2018 we had some spud named Dom Sheed come into the side when Gaff was suspended. We're through the looking glass now people.

In 2018 our first choice midfield was Shuey, Yeo, Gaff, Redden and 2 of Masten, Sheed and Hutchings. Prior to Gaff’s brain fart, Sheed was on the outer. Ainsworth was next in line

Going into 2021 our first choice midfield is Shuey, Yeo, Gaff, Redden, Kelly and Sheed. Hutchings and Ainsworth are next in line

People can bitch about Masten all they like but the sacrificial role he played helped balance our midfield setup

Hutchings and to a lesser extent Redden have dropped off since 2018 also

We were lucky in 2018 that we rarely had more than 1 of our first choice mids unavailable because we saw in 2020 just how vulnerable our depth is when we have to use it when 2 or more of our prime mids are out

The other thing is Kelly continued our bizarre and frankly frustrating pattern of new recruits struggling to adapt to our game plan in their first year. A late start to our preseason (next to nothing was done prior to the end of 2019) and then a complete training halt due to COVID and only a modified training program once the season resumed only exacerbated the problem of establishing a connection

There’s a lot of work required in the new year to get our mids to gel and hopefully Yeo is able to rejoin training sooner rather than later

A fit Yeo and Kelly fitting in properly will do wonders. And early on in 2020 our balance was all over the place. Brander shouldn't be playing Masten's role.

And I'm glad we pumped games into a few of the boys like Ainsworth and O'Neill. Probably more through necessity than any forward planning, but still.

Last edited:
In addition to my post above, going into 2020 we also shuffled our line coaches around so over the course of what became a disrupted season we had line coaches trying to settle in to a new role

With the reduced football department cap meaning we’ve had to shed coaches (Van Berlo hasn’t been replaced, Pratt has gone to the AFLW team, Rosa and Bateman have gone) so those that remain will have more work to do than normal

It’s really important that our coaching group led by Simpson, Graham, Hickmott and Webster have really productive preseasons of their own from a planning POV

In addition to my post above, going into 2020 we also shuffled our line coaches around so over the course of what became a disrupted season we had line coaches trying to settle in to a new role

With the reduced football department cap meaning we’ve had to shed coaches (Van Berlo hasn’t been replaced, Pratt has gone to the AFLW team, Rosa and Bateman have gone) so those that remain will have more work to do than normal

It’s really important that our coaching group led by Simpson, Graham, Hickmott and Webster have really productive preseasons of their own from a planning POV

We did get Horsley from Subi.

I think Simpson will be more hands on this season which can be a good thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We did get Horsley from Subi.

I think Simpson will be more hands on this season which can be a good thing.

That’s true, but in all due respect to him he’s been hired as a development coach whereas the four I mentioned have all been at the club in some capacity for several years now and they’ll be the ones driving any game plan adjustments

That’s true, but in all due respect to him he’s been hired as a development coach whereas the four I mentioned have all been at the club in some capacity for several years now and they’ll be the ones driving any game plan adjustments

We also lost the bald guy with glasses who was our strategy analyst.

The coaches you mentioned do have some big work ahead of them in regards to game plans and such.

Hopefully they are spending their spare time playing AFL live on Xbox/PS to get some tips.

We also lost the bald guy with glasses who was our strategy analyst.

The coaches you mentioned do have some big work ahead of them in regards to game plans and such.

Hopefully they are spending their spare time playing AFL live on Xbox/PS to get some tips.

To be honest, in key matches over the last two years, strategy is one of the areas where the club has come undone so changes there may end up being a positive.

They can take notes from the season preview when it comes along.

The more article's she writes the more im conviced WC told Judd to look for a trade.

Imagine being a premiership captain of the biggest club in the country, and PERTH EFFING NOW credits you as:

"...the past captain of the Carlton Football Club Chris Judd."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back