Toast Welcome to the Suns, Alex Davies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone read a story in the Gold Coast Bulletin or one of their affiliates about how Alex Davies almost joined an interstate rival? I’ve seen it mentioned on Twitter, but couldn’t find it in the Melbourne papers. Sounds interesting

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did anyone read a story in the Gold Coast Bulletin or one of their affiliates about how Alex Davies almost joined an interstate rival? I’ve seen it mentioned on Twitter, but couldn’t find it in the Melbourne papers. Sounds interesting

Didn't see that article but did read this quote from 7 days ago....

Davies said he was thrilled to officially join the club after relocating from Cairns to pursue his football career.

“I couldn’t turn down the opportunity to come to the Gold Coast, it was the right decision for me,” Davies said.

“I want to have a good pre-season and give myself the best opportunity to earn some respect around the club and hopefully get a game.”

Thanks to Bowes.
The tall midfielder has dropped a bombshell in the wake of his official move on to the Suns primary list, revealing he contemplated leaving the academy to move interstate for football.

“For my footy development I had to move,” Davies said of his decision to leave his family home in Cairns at the age of 16.
“There were always options of going interstate to Victoria and I was looking at every option.
“I had a look at maybe going down south.”

He chose the former, with the 191cm player revealing the success of fellow Cairns junior Bowes, who was drafted with pick 10 in 2016 and has so far played 59 AFL games, convinced him to steer away from the lure of Victoria and stick with the Suns.

“It was the right decision,” Davies said in reflection.

“Having security with the Suns, being in that program and being exposed to players and staff and coaches here has been great.

“I saw how it had worked with Jack Bowes. That made it really easy because of how they went and how Bowesy is going at the moment. I strive to be like him.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back