Senior 19. Corey Durdin

Remove this Banner Ad

Noticed Troy Menzel hangin out the back looking for the Joe the Goose in a few of those highlights;)

Seeing as he was injured during the SA Combine, I finally found what I was looking for.

FITNESS TESTING PROFILES

VERTICAL JUMP
Durdin
– 67cm

RUNNING VERTICAL JUMP (R/L)
Durdin
– 76cm/81cm

SPEED (20m)
Durdin
– 3.15 seconds

AGILITY
Durdin
– 8.74 seconds

ENDURANCE (Yo-yo)
Durdin
– 20.6

For context:

So he's fast but not the fastest, and he's agile but not the most agile. His leap off either foot goes alright.

Hmm... I think he's going to have to rely on playing smart ahead of being faster or able to evade.

I frankly would like to see more recent numbers for Durdin.

He just plays faster and more agile than those numbers suggest, which makes me think that he had a bad testing day or something

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I frankly would like to see more recent numbers for Durdin.

He just plays faster and more agile than those numbers suggest, which makes me think that he had a bad testing day or something

Like anything stats / numbers, they are really just an indicator rather than a full picture.

I am 6'7" and was as slow as a wet week (still am I imagine), my 20m sprint times were sub 2 secs and on paper, looked elite and were considerably better than my best mate who was a state level sprinter. I could not run out of sight on a dark night, but I believe having longer legs and more weight/power showed up in this test. It is very possible he is and plays faster and more agile, but his little legs/build hold him back from a numbers testing perspective.

Just something to keep in mind...

Last edited:
I noticed I became a lot nicer towards ShanDog once I found out he was 196cm and had been in the army... ;)
I'm an officer now, so no need to be intimidated. I'm all about eating cucumber sandwiches with my office-job-hands and laughing about how poor the enlisted men are while I swill a glass of brandy.

Seeing as he was injured during the SA Combine, I finally found what I was looking for.

For context:

So he's fast but not the fastest, and he's agile but not the most agile. His leap off either foot goes alright.

Hmm... I think he's going to have to rely on playing smart ahead of being faster or able to evade.
Hopefully he’s one those guys who looks and plays quicker than his results suggest. Having smarts (as stated in the afldraft central report) makes you look faster.

Don't want to add unnecessary pressure to the kid, but seeing some real potential for growth from Durdin.

Another couple preseasons and who knows, he might just be breathing down their necks for the title.

View attachment 1029540
Yeah I noticed his Swan like neck in the interview at training has some great scope especially only being 172cm, proportionally he’s up there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm an officer now, so no need to be intimidated. I'm all about eating cucumber sandwiches with my office-job-hands and laughing about how poor the enlisted men are while I swill a glass of brandy.

If I was in the army, I'd be General Nuisance...

... Or Major Pain In The Arse

pogo

Attitude is everything if you are undersized

When I was a teenager I saw someone wearing a t-shirt that said 'It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog'.

As a 5'4" extrovert, this was the greatest t-shirt I had ever seen.

I spent two years hunting it down and eventually paid a week's wages (high-school, casual) to get my hands on one.

I wore the white t-shirt once before my mum washed it with one of my red t-shirts.....ruh-roh..... It came out fully pink. Now, I have no problem with males wearing pink, but as a pipsqueak teenager, it kinda killed the impact I was going for....

i bet you Warranted that glass

Corey Durdin.

I noticed I became a lot nicer towards ShanDog once I found out he was 196cm and was in the army... ;)

Yeah, but he's also a drummer so throw him a beer and some raw meat and he'll forget what he was doing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back