Player Watch #35: Charlie Lazzaro - contract extension until end of 2024

Probably only take another kilo or two and he'll be ready.

Got told the other day that during the year he was doing 2 a day training sessions to improve his running capacity and strength.

We've picked another seriously driven individual.
Look at their eyebrows...

Him, Will, even R2.

They all have that determined "I'm gonna do this and you ain't stopping me" squint.

Even Jy has it.

160220Gallery10.jpg

remfan101

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interesting insight from eDPS's draft thread:

How did Charlie Lazzaro look, reckon he's deserved a bit more attention than he's had going on last year's form in a poorly performing team..
He did really well especially in the contested marking drill. Think the only player he couldn’t beat was Zavier Maher.

In great condition and very clean throughout the day

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Because he isn’t blind to the car crash that his club has become
I still have some bias towards Essendon but I feel with every year my focus steers closer to the broader players in the competition as I have an invested interest in the players who get drafted.

Because I have favourites I really want to see them do well at other clubs, I only started watching the draft proper in 2016 just wait another decade when every player in the comp is someone I have an interest in haha

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
I still have some bias towards Essendon but I feel with every year my focus steers closer to the broader players in the competition as I have an invested interest in the players who get drafted.

Because I have favourites I really want to see them do well at other clubs, I only started watching the draft proper in 2016 just wait another decade when every player in the comp is someone I have an interesthaha

Fair enough.
Who’s your top 3 faves from last weeks draft

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Fair enough.
Who’s your top 3 faves from last weeks draft
My favourites are usually players that I really like that others don’t so players like O’Driscoll this year and James Rowbottom a few years ago. I mean if you don’t count my actual top 3 ranked players but it should speak for itself that my favourites are ranked high 😂

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
They weren't wrong about his agility.

You don't see kids turn on a dime like @ 0.14 every day.

He's got a VERY low centre of gravity, and you can forget outside/small forward stuff. He's a dyed in the wool inside mid.

They weren't wrong about his agility.

You don't see kids turn on a dime like @ 0.14 every day.

He's got a VERY low centre of gravity, and you can forget outside/small forward stuff. He's a dyed in the wool inside mid.

Well - with a bunch of insides ready to roll he may want to keep flexible for a while!

Can l assume fashion is dead ? 🙄
They look like they're at a pub, skinny black jeans and some boring shirt is what everyone wears isn't it? Fashion does repeat itself every 20 - 30 years.

Jy is the player I think Charlie is most like tho. They both have good lateral movement, agility and footy smarts.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They look like they're at a pub, skinny black jeans and some boring shirt is what everyone wears isn't it? Fashion does repeat itself every 20 - 30 years.

Jy is the player I think Charlie is most like tho. They both have good lateral movement, agility and footy smarts.

Ferb's, l never looked that bad.

Back