Arsenal FC: Out of control

Remove this Banner Ad

So why include Martinelli and say he has been one of the young guys who hasn’t pushed on? Saka has been called up to England too.

You literally sh*t on any team that isn’t Liverpool and overrate your side like they are gods. It just makes your opinion worth very little. Even the spurs fans are objective.
Injury can be a reason why a player doesn't kick on. You need him to be fair as nobody else is scoring goals. Saka being called up to the England squad doesnt really matter. He has 1 goal and 0 assists in the league this season. He's been ok for a young player, he has not been very good. Arsenal have been terrible.

I dont s**t on any team, I'm just discussing Arsenal and how they are traveling a the moment. I understand you have been offended cos you love Arsenal. I dont need to overrate Liverpool, we are champions.

Injury can be a reason why a player doesn't kick on. You need him to be fair as nobody else is scoring goals. Saka being called up to the England squad doesnt really matter. He has 1 goal and 0 assists in the league this season. He's been ok for a young player, he has not been very good. Arsenal have been terrible.

I dont sh*t on any team, I'm just discussing Arsenal and how they are traveling a the moment. I understand you have been offended cos you love Arsenal. I dont need to overrate Liverpool, we are champions.

Just last week.

This reluctance to trust the younger players in the Premier League, with the notable exception of the exceptional Bukayo Saka, is hard to quantify when older players have been repeatedly underwhelming. Ainsley Maitland-Niles had surely earned a start. Eddie Nketiah, Emile Smith Rowe, Joe Willock or even the exciting if raw Folarin Balogun might have injected a freshness, more legs, into the attack. We can only speculate — there is no certainty that would have made a difference against Burnley or anybody else — but many of those who care for Arsenal have reached a point where patience has worn out for the same old faces singing horribly out of tune.

Goals and assists mean little for Saka atm, you say you watch yet you quote an attackers stat not taking into account that Saka has also played at CM, LM, LB and even a stint at RB. Their manor of playing stifles creativity. Aubameyang is as threatening as a baby with a rubber spoon atm ffs.

Would swoop on Saka if he became available. Good little player.
I dont need to overrate Liverpool, we are champions.
Are you? Hardly would have known otherwise

:rolleyes:

Saka has been in the very good to excellent range in the games he's played so far this season.
If you're going to lose and tread water under Arteta, might as well play academy players ahead of overpaid prima donna's who've already been shown up as not good enough.

Just last week.

Goals and assists mean little for Saka atm, you say you watch yet you quote an attackers stat not taking into account that Saka has also played at CM, LM, LB and even a stint at RB. Their manor of playing stifles creativity. Aubameyang is as threatening as a baby with a rubber spoon atm ffs.

Would swoop on Saka if he became available. Good little player.
Yep. I've not once said Saka has been s**t. He's been Arsenal's best all season. I would also swoop on Saka if he was available. Very good is a stretch though. Nobody has been very good at Arsenal, hence the position they are in. He has been the best of a bad bunch for sure.

I dont sh*t on any team, I'm just discussing Arsenal and how they are traveling a the moment. I understand you have been offended cos you love Arsenal. I dont need to overrate Liverpool, we are champions.
It seems you don’t really understand football. Stats don’t always tell the story. Like Art said, the kids played multiple positions and earned a spot in the national team. That’s a phenomenal rise for any young kid. I guarantee you have probably said the same about TAA (who has been big average this season let’s be honest).

And yes injuries can stifle growth but (to use your penchant for stats) the kid had 10 goals, 4 assists in 26 appearances. Not all of those would have been starts too. To say one injury has seen him fail to kick on is naive.

I’m not offended at all. We are shambles at the moment but you compare every team/player to Liverpool like they are the greatest team of all time. There’s very rarely a time where you are objective about anything. You’d been doing it even before Liverpool reached the summit again.

Yep. I've not once said Saka has been sh*t. He's been Arsenal's best all season. I would also swoop on Saka if he was available. Very good is a stretch though. Nobody has been very good at Arsenal, hence the position they are in. He has been the best of a bad bunch for sure.
So he’s been the best but you said he hasn’t kicked on. Right. 🤷‍♂️

Reading the Arsenal forum on Saka it seems the consensus is that he has stagnated a little this season and is struggling for form.

Reading the Arsenal forum on Saka it seems the consensus is that he has stagnated a little this season and is struggling for form.
Surely fake news.

It seems you don’t really understand football. Stats don’t always tell the story. Like Art said, the kids played multiple positions and earned a spot in the national team. That’s a phenomenal rise for any young kid. I guarantee you have probably said the same about TAA (who has been big average this season let’s be honest).

And yes injuries can stifle growth but (to use your penchant for stats) the kid had 10 goals, 4 assists in 26 appearances. Not all of those would have been starts too. To say one injury has seen him fail to kick on is naive.

I’m not offended at all. We are shambles at the moment but you compare every team/player to Liverpool like they are the greatest team of all time. There’s very rarely a time where you are objective about anything. You’d been doing it even before Liverpool reached the summit again.
I wont put any stock in national team selection, anyone gets an England call up nowadays. I mean Lingard has played for England, it's embarrassing.

Anyways, I stand by what I said. I disagree that Saka has been "very good" but I do think he has been the best of a bad bunch.

That's it really, whether you think I understand football or not.

Actually just read that and they are all saying the same stuff I have said. 🤷‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're going to lose and tread water under Arteta, might as well play academy players ahead of overpaid prima donna's who've already been shown up as not good enough.

I’m certainly onboard for that, and I believe many fans would buy in to the concept of some short term pain for the bigger picture of a 3-5 year plan.

The problem is, the short term pain is already happening (and results are worse than perhaps expected of a rebuild) and its coming off the back of not even giving the younger players a genuine run in the league.

So is quite difficult to buy in to what (if any) plan or upside the club is currently undertaking.

Saka excellent once again and Arsenal’s best this morning. He actually took on his opponents and didn’t flop when some of his teammates take that option, and although he won’t be credited with an assist, he certainly created the goal for Aubameyang.

Saka excellent once again and Arsenal’s best this morning. He actually took on his opponents and didn’t flop when some of his teammates take that option, and although he won’t be credited with an assist, he certainly created the goal for Aubameyang.
Hasn’t kicked on though glen

I think everyone, jod included, knows Saka is too good for Arsenal. I think the slight is on the club, not the player, because he’s in an environment where he is under immense pressure to perform and create every week because his team mates aren’t good enough.

He needs to go to a club where he can properly “kick on” and not stagnate like every other kid to come through since Fabregas. He doesn’t want to become another Walcott or Ox.

I think everyone, jod included, knows Saka is too good for Arsenal. I think the slight is on the club, not the player, because he’s in an environment where he is under immense pressure to perform and create every week because his team mates aren’t good enough.

He needs to go to a club where he can properly “kick on” and not stagnate like every other kid to come through since Fabregas. He doesn’t want to become another Walcott or Ox.
Yeah I said that in earlier post. He's right now there best player and he absolutely shouldnt be. The same happened with Sterling at Liverpool.

I wonder if that gets called out by the same posters calling out Jod for saying exactly the same thing.

I wonder if that gets called out by the same posters calling out Jod for saying exactly the same thing.
I did. It’s arsenal fans who exaggerate everything. The kid literally saved us a point the other day and was our best player. Just because you find something that backs up your statement doesn’t make it true. Look at Donald Trump and the election...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back