VFL 2021 Sandringham Zebras

Significant

Premiership Player
Nov 30, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Her looks are completely irrelevant to this situation and just dont need to be mentioned in relation to her being assaulted.

He assaulted a female. Thats all that needs said.
I don't believe StCicatriz was trying to bring her aesthetic into the matter whatsoever. It's a standard term - pretty young lady. Think people are drawing a long now on this one.

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
Who is going to ruck for the Zebs?
My hopes are Alabakis, because it will demonstrate improvement and we'll get a look at him.
I can't imagine he's been retained for a 3rd year if they don't see anything in him.

And whichever ruckman we sign preseason, like Max Heath or Goober.
TBH those two would be a dream combo.

Brisair

Rookie
Nov 14, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
My hopes are Alabakis, because it will demonstrate improvement and we'll get a look at him.
I can't imagine he's been retained for a 3rd year if they don't see anything in him.

And whichever ruckman we sign preseason, like Max Heath or Goober.
TBH those two would be a dream combo.
Max Heath is at Sandy Dragons and at an APS school next year.

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
Max Heath is at Sandy Dragons and at an APS school next year.
Yes he's still only in year 12, but should he be listed he may well have some runs in the VFL.
The Saints took Josh Battle under the same scenario, so for a development prospect l don't think they'd be put off listing him in order to lock him away.

We'll see if he trains with us next year..

puppy_dog7

Premiership Player
Jul 29, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
At the end of the day, what I can say is this:

1) Sandy is entitled to make these decisions around recruitment unilaterally. If we want a pure reserves, we should pay for a pure reserves.

2) AFAIK, he's doing the right thing. He's not gone running home, and he's not stayed in the environment where he's made these mistakes, he's found a new place, he's showing commitment to football, by looking to sign with a state league side rather than chasing Suburban/Country money. A lot of young boys, particularly from non-white backgrounds seem to struggle across all sports with the success and extra cash and "good looks" and doubling up the transition from childhood suburban/country life to adult city stuff. While it's not necessarily "in", particularly for those who's "entitlement" (for lack of a better word) has come from their sporting success rather than being an inherent part of their upbringing, I don't see a problem with giving them another chance after they've done their time out of the top system, and had the time required to grow.

3) While I doubt the club would ever do something in an official direct capacity, we now have a good experienced couple of Indigenous leaders in the game. A few nudges, or whispers up the chain, and having Ryder, or Hill, have a few chats with him about the direction in life.

I don't want him anywhere near the list though, not in 2021 or 2022 anyways. Mild preference for our boys to not be overly involved with him on a social level neither.
I see what you mean, but maybe having blokes like Paddy and Brad Hill and even Benny Long around him would actually be good for him? The older 2 especially are great with the younger indigenous boys. And Longy has a good head on his shoulders as well.

Are you serious? Pretty? Wow.
If she was ugly then it would have been okay? Regardless, we need to give the kid a chance, especially the indigenous ones, he’s 19 and can’t be discarded, it’s bloody hard for them to make their way in life as it is.
Ohhhh Ffs brian i didnt mean pretty as in looks i meant pretty as in she was quite young

May 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, Baghdadian Babes
I see what you mean, but maybe having blokes like Paddy and Brad Hill and even Benny Long around him would actually be good for him? The older 2 especially are great with the younger indigenous boys. And Longy has a good head on his shoulders as well.

Not being of indigenous descent, was thinking along the same lines & was wondering if, because Elijah, Paddy & Brad are all Noongar men whether that makes a difference.

I don't believe StCicatriz was trying to bring her aesthetic into the matter whatsoever. It's a standard term - pretty young lady. Think people are drawing a long now on this one.
Thought this was obvious

Back