Senior 33. Shannon Neale (2021-)

The best pick in the history of Stephen Wells's tenure.
not to be prone to overstating things lol... :D

And im all for backing SW in but this is a bridge too far for me.

Im very glad however that you have the confidence to make that call - and you have been right on several big calls before - so lets see if this is another of them

PS - Boris at 47 is mine
GO Catters

Im very glad however that you have the confidence to make that call - and you have been right on several big calls before - so lets see if this is another of them

PS - Boris at 47 is mine
GO Catters

By the length of the Flemington straight.

Farmer2Goggin

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtics
The coordination of a lot of big blokes these days is unreal.

I'm excited about Neale as a prospect - great size already with a solid frame and looks extremely co-ordinated and skilled from the footage I've seen.

It's a few years ago but I coached against Jandacot Jets at Year 12 (under 17) level and got to know the Club quite well.
They have a very strong pedigree as a Junior Club, are well coached and resourced so Shannon would have been in a good environment - no doubt our recruiters would have picked up on that. Seemd pumped to have been picked so that's a bonus :thumbsu:

PS - Boris at 47 is mine
GO Catters
This is a masterstroke call.

Id be happy for a success, doesnt need his best but if the kid could develop into an AA , I think we could move him into his top10
He will.

Dec 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
It's a long straight

But sooner or later you get to the end of it.

Eventually someone else might overtake Boris..... will it be Neale? Only time will tell.

Our friend has made the call, and if he's right, it'll be both an awesome outcome, and a phenomenal example of foresight.

But sooner or later you get to the end of it.

Eventually someone else might overtake Boris..... will it be Neale? Only time will tell.

Our friend has made the call, and if he's right, it'll be both an awesome outcome, and a phenomenal example of foresight.

..or a total load of crap...

Taylor is Wells best call in my opinion. We lost a gun centre half back. To grab a ready made one in the draft like that was an astounding bit of drafting.

Yes, that was great work and vital....but its hard to go past Enright IMO....that said, I am not dogmatic about it and you could build a case for the Taylor pick without too much effort....

Dec 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
You made the call C Stephens will be a star we will see this one first

Still don't think that reply was tactful.

If the call was made with a simple intention to be provocative, argumentative, or for pure trolling then it being labelled 'crap' could be justified.

But in this instance, the poster made the call with the sincere belief in their opinion. And that's what this site is mostly about - speculation based on observations, discussions, and exchange of opinions.....isn't it??

Drunkcat

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2018
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
Still don't think that reply was tactful.

If the call was made with a simple intention to be provocative, argumentative, or for pure trolling then it being labelled 'crap' could be justified.

But in this instance, the poster made the call with the sincere belief in their opinion. And that's what this site is mostly about - speculation based on observations, discussions, and exchange of opinions.....isn't it??
You come out and say a player will be a star, if they don't work out why would trust anything that person say's?

Back