PC Pc Gaming/building thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Those Gigabyte Vision cards are really nice, I've seen some nice white builds with them. They're one of the most common I've seen sniped as well. If you look up bapcsalesaustralia on Reddit it's a really good Australian building group and there are threads dedicated to availability of parts and stuff. Seems like the Gigabyte are the most commonly grabbed 3080 cards.

3600mhz still seems to be the sweet spot for Ryzen 5000 so you're set. If you find yourself back in the BIOS one day have a look for the FCLK setting. It will be set to auto but just change it to 1800mhz (which is half your memory speed). I don't know if there is a difference between auto or manually setting it, I didn't notice one, but I just changed it anyway just to be 100% the fabric and memory were 1:1.
It sure is a looker. Seen so many white builds that made me drool. Just looking at my build now, good lord that thing has some sag so have ordered a bracket but I don’t know how that will fit in. BAPC was actually where I got the tip (it was a comment that had no attention which was odd) for the 5900X deal!

The tubes from my h100i seem so short. One of them is just touching the bottom of the GPU, the other just away from it and if I route it over the 6+8 pin connector I’d be putting pressure on those. Not sure how concerning that is. I went tubes down as I seen there was a whole thing about that lately. Would fit better tubes up. Hm.

All panels back on although a bit of outwards pressure on the back. Not a lot of room back there. I ran sata to HDD and pump on the same line which stretches the reach. Going to get back in there and try fit a separate cable so it is not pulling too much.

In open area with AC on it is idling around 40-43c and 50c when idle background things happen. I expect it will rocket up when I stick this thing in another room.

Appreciate yours and all others suggestions. I’ll check out what you mentioned about the RAM RGB and BIOS too. Crossing my fingers all is fine when I power up tomorrow and start playing some games.

It sure is a looker. Seen so many white builds that made me drool. Just looking at my build now, good lord that thing has some sag so have ordered a bracket but I don’t know how that will fit in. BAPC was actually where I got the tip (it was a comment that had no attention which was odd) for the 5900X deal!

The tubes from my h100i seem so short. One of them is just touching the bottom of the GPU, the other just away from it and if I route it over the 6+8 pin connector I’d be putting pressure on those. Not sure how concerning that is. I went tubes down as I seen there was a whole thing about that lately. Would fit better tubes up. Hm.

All panels back on although a bit of outwards pressure on the back. Not a lot of room back there. I ran sata to HDD and pump on the same line which stretches the reach. Going to get back in there and try fit a separate cable so it is not pulling too much.

In open area with AC on it is idling around 40-43c and 50c when idle background things happen. I expect it will rocket up when I stick this thing in another room.

Appreciate yours and all others suggestions. I’ll check out what you mentioned about the RAM RGB and BIOS too. Crossing my fingers all is fine when I power up tomorrow and start playing some games.

Tubes up on the radiator or the block? Because you can go tubes up on the rad. These Corsair and NZXT AIOs are made by Asetek and should be around 98% full, so once the small amount of air makes it's way to the highest point then you shouldn't hear any bubbling or have any other issues regardless of rad direction. As long as the block isn't the heighest point of the loop and its hoses aren't facing up. As good as GN's video was about optimal AIO orientation it was also the worst because now everyone is an expert lol.

If you can't fit a GPU bracket or don't like it or whatever, try out this trick

Never had an issue with my MSI card, had it connected via HDMI and DisplayPort to HDMI to various displays

Have mine connected via DP to a KVM switch, gets no signal at all.

As long as the block isn't the heighest point of the loop and its hoses aren't facing up. As good as GN's video was about optimal AIO orientation it was also the worst because now everyone is an expert lol.
So many people missed the point that the underlying problem you should try to avoid is air sitting within the CPU block - if you can do that it doesn't ******* matter which direction the tubes are facing.

GN is very good at getting a lot of data, but not so good at communicating it simply and clearly

Tubes up on the radiator or the block? Because you can go tubes up on the rad. These Corsair and NZXT AIOs are made by Asetek and should be around 98% full, so once the small amount of air makes it's way to the highest point then you shouldn't hear any bubbling or have any other issues regardless of rad direction. As long as the block isn't the heighest point of the loop and its hoses aren't facing up. As good as GN's video was about optimal AIO orientation it was also the worst because now everyone is an expert lol.

If you can't fit a GPU bracket or don't like it or whatever, try out this trick

So many people missed the point that the underlying problem you should try to avoid is air sitting within the CPU block - if you can do that it doesn't ******* matter which direction the tubes are facing.

GN is very good at getting a lot of data, but not so good at communicating it simply and clearly
I spent the morning watching his videos again. The first video he made is a bit of information to take in. His second Q&A video made it a bit easier to understand and clarifies a few things about the ways you can front mount it despite it being another lengthy video.

That GPU support with the screw in the video was rather creative, I thought.

Has anyone tried those "gaming keypads"? I've been looking at the Razer Tartarus pro recently and curious. I don't really play MMOs anymore which is where they look like they'll be the most beneficial, but they look pretty comfy just to use the WASD with the d-pad for other binds. The wrist wrest on this Razer Blackwidow elite I'm using is way more comfy than my previous Corsair K95 platinum so fatigue or discomfort isn't an issue, I'm just looking at potential new toys and that keypad looks super comfy. Just not sure what sort of learning curve they have to adjust to a new feel.

X570M Pro 4 arrived this morning,

5 hours later, and everything is moved over into the fractal node 804.

So pleased with this, the case footprint is tiny compared to the massive case I had it in before.

Has anyone tried those "gaming keypads"? I've been looking at the Razer Tartarus pro recently and curious. I don't really play MMOs anymore which is where they look like they'll be the most beneficial, but they look pretty comfy just to use the WASD with the d-pad for other binds. The wrist wrest on this Razer Blackwidow elite I'm using is way more comfy than my previous Corsair K95 platinum so fatigue or discomfort isn't an issue, I'm just looking at potential new toys and that keypad looks super comfy. Just not sure what sort of learning curve they have to adjust to a new feel.
I knew someone who had one of the VERY early ones (eg. 15-20 years ago), he could never convince anyone they were worth it. Maybe they've improved, but given they've been around for that long and haven't made a dent in the industry......... especially in the current climate where people are happy to throw large amounts of money at clicky keyboards, they're probably not a huge improvement from a standard keyboard. Couch gaming is probably the only really useful scenario for them.

EDIT: Come to think of it, it may have been this thing, so it's easy to understand why most people disliked it.
c01b.jpg

I knew someone who had one of the VERY early ones (eg. 15-20 years ago), he could never convince anyone they were worth it. Maybe they've improved, but given they've been around for that long and haven't made a dent in the industry......... especially in the current climate where people are happy to throw large amounts of money at clicky keyboards, they're probably not a huge improvement from a standard keyboard. Couch gaming is probably the only really useful scenario for them.

EDIT: Come to think of it, it may have been this thing, so it's easy to understand why most people disliked it.
c01b.jpg

Lol that thing looks like this Terminator toy I had nearly 30 years ago that was a mould of the t-800 arm and you could stick your arm in and it had a gun that made noises.

This is how the Tartarus Pro looks. Pretty much the same as the V2 but has mechanical switches instead. Just a cut off the left side of a keyboard with a palm grip. Price is dumb but if I got one it would be with work bonus so not an issue. More curious if anyone has used them recently just out of comfort and ergonomic sake.

images - 2020-12-21T124721.918.jpeg

Lol that thing looks like this Terminator toy I had nearly 30 years ago that was a mould of the t-800 arm and you could stick your arm in and it had a gun that made noises.

This is how the Tartarus Pro looks. Pretty much the same as the V2 but has mechanical switches instead. Just a cut off the left side of a keyboard with a palm grip. Price is dumb but if I got one it would be with work bonus so not an issue. More curious if anyone has used them recently just out of comfort and ergonomic sake.

View attachment 1030864

That looks like a sex toy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to go and buy like 30+ games every big Steam sale but I eventually managed to stop myself. I have a humble classic subscription now and I'll buy a new release if I really really want it but that's about it. Been finally playing through years of old games but I still only opened like 200/1100 steam games lol...one day I will finish them all...or at least open them all...one day

I used to go and buy like 30+ games every big Steam sale but I eventually managed to stop myself. I have a humble classic subscription now and I'll buy a new release if I really really want it but that's about it. Been finally playing through years of old games but I still only opened like 200/1100 steam games lol...one day I will finish them all...or at least open them all...one day

I used to do the same, steam sales were awesome in 2009/2010 - AAA games for less than $3 (were $89-$99) that was insanely good.

Strange and disingenuous video. Trash "gaming chairs", say don't buy them but don't really offer a decent alternative despite showing off some office chairs. I've had some comfy office chairs in the past but I was constantly replacing them every 12-18 months. I'm 6'4 and lately around the 110kg mark (I blame covid) and there aren't really a lot of office chair options that cater for even height, let alone weight. I bought a DX Racer King Series in 2015 and I've still got it. No rips or tears what so ever on the chair itself, no sagging elastic, only the lumbar cushion has any wear. Things like "pushing shoulders forward" is what what happens when the chair is clearly too small. Even if I push my shoulders right back then they still don't even touch the side wing things. Only thing I agree with are the arm rests but I'm yet to find a suitable office or "gaming" chair that offers anything better. Only reason I've got my eye on the Secret Lab Titan XL is because besides just wanting something new I wouldn't mind a fabric chair over the PU leather. The price is a bit eye watering though.

Strange and disingenuous video. Trash "gaming chairs", say don't buy them but don't really offer a decent alternative despite showing off some office chairs. I've had some comfy office chairs in the past but I was constantly replacing them every 12-18 months. I'm 6'4 and lately around the 110kg mark (I blame covid) and there aren't really a lot of office chair options that cater for even height, let alone weight. I bought a DX Racer King Series in 2015 and I've still got it. No rips or tears what so ever on the chair itself, no sagging elastic, only the lumbar cushion has any wear. Things like "pushing shoulders forward" is what what happens when the chair is clearly too small. Even if I push my shoulders right back then they still don't even touch the side wing things. Only thing I agree with are the arm rests but I'm yet to find a suitable office or "gaming" chair that offers anything better. Only reason I've got my eye on the Secret Lab Titan XL is because besides just wanting something new I wouldn't mind a fabric chair over the PU leather. The price is a bit eye watering though.

I've got a softweave Titan. Im 6'2 bout 97kg and it is perfect for me. They are a hard chair though, really firm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back