Who is our most marketable player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I am suggesting Jordy. He does not have a manager yet has garnered sponsors off his own bat. From very few posts on Insta, he has more followers than most of his teammates. Guess you can say he has the great combination of being our most talented player, one of the best looking according to the girls, charisma, boldness and a bit of the rogue larrikin in him. His tattoos are also fabulous and the women love them. His personality is infectious. The challengers would be Jamie Elliott who is a big hit with the women, and he maybe a bit of a ladies man when you see him around the pubs, Grundy because he is regarded as handsome, smart and our 2nd best player, while good old Pendles always remains a favourite of the fans. Jamie has sensational tatts as well.

Any other suggestions?

i was in mandurah a couple of years ago watching the boys and there was a bunch of girls at the boundary just beside me. When Jamie came off the ground, they were baying at him ike a pack of hounds. It took em all their willpower not to jump the fence. It was a mixture of groans and howls and squeals. You could see that Jamie could hear them but he wasn't sure if he should acknowledge them in case he didnt get off the ground alive...

I dont know if you could market it...

Not sure about the OP's definition of charisma. Jordy has the charisma of a plank of wood.

But yes, I reckon he's the most marketable overall.

I prefer Grundy.

No Collingwood player makes me want to buy stuff, although a painting or table by Beams would be nice.

Mason Cox for me... or maybe a Daicos...

JDG by a mile.
Agree and he is working out so hard at the moment with Benny that he will kill next season. It is unfortunate that we have such a dull list of players. Jordy then distance but the girls also love Jamie as said before And I agree that Brodie is in the mix as well. He is an interesting person.

Darcy Moore is surely worthy of a mention?! Very talented, and seems to be a really decent young man!

Darcy Moore is surely worthy of a mention?! Very talented, and seems to be a really decent young man!
Unfortunately decency isn't particularly marketable. The most marketable players that I've seen who've had an aura about them wouldn't necessarily be described as decent: Carey, Gaz Snr, Buddy, Dusty, Plugger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately decency isn't particularly marketable. The most marketable players that I've seen who've had an aura about them wouldn't necessarily be described as decent: Carey, Gaz Snr, Buddy, Dusty.
Yes mate, I get that. Grundy at least gets a mention (in this thread), yet he comes across as utterly decent as well! Perhaps I'm out of touch (that's very likely!), and my idea of what is/should be marketable today is based on old-time ideas!

As for that bunch of four you named, I don't think you needed to include the word necessarily there!! Overall, I'm not really sure why being seen as some sort of a bad boy is meant to be a positive, but that's just me!

Yes but as has been mentioned, charisma, looks and personality are probably rated higher. And sometimes notoriety attracts attention.

Yes but as has been mentioned, charisma, looks and personality are probably rated higher. And sometimes notoriety attracts attention.
I just think it has to be hard to tell when it comes to charisma and personality these days! How often do you get to hear from just about any of the players mentioned here? I'm still not sure how you are supposed to really form an opinion on this!

Yes mate, I get that. Grundy at least gets a mention (in this thread), yet he comes across as utterly decent as well! Perhaps I'm out of touch (that's very likely!), and my idea of what is/should be marketable today is based on old-time ideas!

As for that bunch of four you named, I don't think you needed to include the word necessarily there!! Overall, I'm not really sure why being seen as some sort of a bad boy is meant to be a positive, but that's just me!
I edited in Plugger too. Daicos Snr is the one for you - fits your bill.

I edited in Plugger too. Daicos Snr is the one for you - fits your bill.
Yes, I did see that you made that late change. Again, I can accept that my ideas may be quite out of date, but shouldn't a person who is "marketable" be able to at least string a sentence or two together?!! That describes not too many of your "big 5"!!

Yes, I did see that you made that late change. Again, I can accept that my ideas may be quite out of date, but shouldn't a person who is "marketable" be able to at least string a sentence or two together?!! That describes not too many of your "big 5"!!
I don't disagree with you, but it's an age where David Schwarz, Jono Brown and Matthew Richardson earn a living by not stringing sentences together. And despite the Brownlow and the three Norm Smith medals, Dusty's finest achievement is making bogans cool again.

Jordy by a mile.
Other than that, nobody is particularly marketable. Grundy, Billy, Howe and Cox to an extent, but only kinda sorta. Jaidyn Steph......

It's actually a very boring list. Not many characters in it. We need some Swans and Didaks, maybe a Tazza and Brodie Holland too!

Quaynor and Josh Daicos will be IMO, especially Josh. The sidestep, the mullet, the famous dad, the magic. He's also a gun. He's got the package.

Jordy by a mile.
Other than that, nobody is particularly marketable. Grundy, Billy, Howe and Cox to an extent, but only kinda sorta. Jaidyn Steph......

It's actually a very boring list. Not many characters in it. We need some Swans and Didaks, maybe a Tazza and Brodie Holland too!

Quaynor and Josh Daicos will be IMO, especially Josh. The sidestep, the mullet, the famous dad, the magic. He's also a gun. He's got the package.
IQ is one on the rise and by the end of next year we will see what the new intake has to offer but yep Jordy, Grundy, Elliott and Cox for his difference aside, the rest are bland and ordinary in the extreme in terms of looks, personality, charisma and interest value. Other clubs would be watching Jordy closely.

Surely there is a manager out there who could make the most of Jordy's assets too. He could turn him into the next Martin.

The person who can get the most out of Jordy's assets is Jordy.

He's not the next Martin, just not on that level, but if he could turn himself into the best version of JDG then I'd be happy with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back