Is Damien Hardwick the greatest coach of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Never seen a coach bring a club from such a low point to such a high, has to be the greatest with more greatness to come!

Can't think of any comparison in what he's done.
You can't think of any because you are a Richmond fan and they can't think past Richmond.

At the moment there is a coach coaching, who also taught Hardwick, who took Hawthorn from a lower point than Richmond were when Hardwick took over.

Clarkson has also won more flags, and you seriously can't think of ANYONE else?

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Alan Jeans coached St Kilda to a flag. History says you have to be bloody good to achieve that.

Why do I get the feeling this will turn into yet another thread about Chris Scott, the smartest man in the room….

As for the the thread question, Hardwick Hafey, Hafey Hardwick, Hardwick, Hafey, Hughes, Minogue, so tough to decide who the greatest coach of all time is. 😁

dustysnecktattoo

Club Legend
May 15, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
You can't think of any because you are a Richmond fan and they can't think past Richmond.

At the moment there is a coach coaching, who also taught Hardwick, who took Hawthorn from a lower point than Richmond were when Hardwick took over.

Clarkson has also won more flags, and you seriously can't think of ANYONE else?

Hawthorn was not at a lower point

Alan Jeans coached St Kilda to a flag. History says you have to be bloody good to achieve that.

Why do I get the feeling this will turn into yet another thread about Chris Scott, the smartest man in the room….

As for the the thread question, Hardwick Hafey, Hafey Hardwick, Hardwick, Hafey, Hughes, Minogue, so tough to decide who the greatest coach of all time is. 😁
Jeans was a great coach

Hawthorn was not at a lower point
Both finished second last the year before, Hawks with one less win that season.
Neither took over clubs in a good position.
I'd say it was about even

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Luckiest bloke in football history...
When you said that I immediately thought Chris Scott in 2011.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely on his way, and a threepeat this year will confirm it.
That would just mean he's equalled Clarkson's record but taken an extra year to do it. Hardly evidence of being the GOAT

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Leigh Matthews brought the Lions from Woodenspoon to triple premiers

Why does this have to be turned into yet another thread about Brisbane Lions and Leigh MatTHUGhes?

Jock McHale coached #Runner-upPies to 8 Premierships and a mere 8 Preliminaryships, didn’t seem like much at the time, but about 60 different coaches since have about 3 more between them….you have to be f*cking good to coach that rabble to flags. 😂

Matthews also 4 flags in the AFL era but two teams and teams and took longer.

If Dimma gets another he's in good company with Clarko and Lethal

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Never seen a coach bring a club from such a low point to such a high, has to be the greatest with more greatness to come!

Can't think of any comparison in what he's done.

The Richmond circle jerk continues..............

Dusty GOAT.........now Hardwick GOAT.

Geez, may as well just errase all other clubs and players acheivements over the 100 years of Australian Rules Football.

Rename the competition the Richmond Football League.

Replace the AFL red white and blue national colours with black and yellow and a Tiger logo.

Hell, lets turf the national anthem as well because........you guessed it the Richmond song is also GOAT.

Have we missed anything?

Oh, how about being the GOAT insecure supporter group.

The GOAT self adulating sports fans.

Pretty much covers it.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
To be able to cover the loss of Alex Rance dare i say one of the greatest defenders of all time and still emerge triumphant does reflect well on Hardwick, but he coached the Tigers when they were not so good as well. Richmond are special, but in my opinion that does not come down to one man or woman it's just the vibe.

Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond

Geez, may as well just errase all other clubs and players acheivements over the 100 years of Australian Rules Football.

Replace the AFL red white and blue national colours with black and yellow and a Tiger logo.

Hell, lets turf the national anthem as well because........you guessed it the Richmond song is also GOAT.

Have we missed anything?

Pretty much covers it.
I dont get why you would want to change the afl logo. Whats with that?

chickentendies

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Mar 26, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Can people stop derailing this thread? It is about Hardwick and his accomplishments. Richmond fans give respect to others in other threads so you should give them the same courtesy.

Hardwick won a premiership while going through a divorce and had to play in an AWAY Grand Final which is simply unheard of. Not only the best coach, but I'd say also the bravest.

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

Have we missed anything?

Pretty much covers it.
yes, Mrs Hardwick...technically not a GOAT but a DOE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back