2021 Fixture

May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Ipswich Town FC, Leeds Rhinos
I’m pretty happy with this and not reading anything into the alternating R1 games - last season was a write off from a fixturing perspective and although the weagles played at Optus the stadium was empty.

It pretty much ticks off most of what I was hoping for:

- against a team we should be beating

- in Melbourne at the G, rather than Marvel

- not the Sunday arvo game at the end of the round

- makes sure we get a seven day break (unless we’re on the Friday night in R2)

Bring it on.

Marc85

Draftee
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm guessing the Derby is Round 3 or 5 and we have 3 home games in a row which is why we are starting the season away again.

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
Oh, of course West Coast are playing the Gold Coast Suns at Optus Oval on the Sunday. This is an absolute load.

AFL -

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Oh, of course West Coast are playing the Gold Coast Suns at Optus Oval on the Sunday. This is an absolute load.

AFL -

The AFL's cash cows are always going to get preferential treatment, unfortunately that's just how things are in a league that prioritizes revenue above all else

FWIW I'm excited for us to be playing at the MCG first up against a team around our level

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
The AFL's cash cows are always going to get preferential treatment, unfortunately that's just how things are in a league that prioritizes revenue above all else

FWIW I'm excited for us to be playing at the MCG first up against a team around our level
I comprehend exactly what you're saying, and you're most certainly correct, but Gold Coast, at Optus Stadium?!! There's an immediate win to commence the season with!

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
I comprehend exactly what you're saying, and you're most certainly correct, but Gold Coast, at Optus Stadium?!! There's an immediate win to commence the season with!
You doubt the skills of Matt Rowell

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
The likes of Serong and Young will be playing their first ever game at the G in round 1. Three months of nerves coming up for those young Vic boys.

Jezzitizle

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle

Not so sure, didn’t the Eagles start year slowly last year?

Gold Coast have belief and real talent, don’t be surprised if they win it.

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
You doubt the skills of Matt Rowell
Matt Rowell is one player - he alone will not topple West Coast at home.

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
Matt Rowell is one player - he alone will not topple West Coast at home.
He could do it in his lunch break!!

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Gold Coast is literally the last team I would want to play in round 1. They will be at their best (however good or poor that may be).

Reckon we are more likely to beat them on the GC in August than to beat them at home in March based on Dew's tenure.

greatgatsby

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2010
The Seat of Power
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Washington Commanders, Black Ducks
I think that Gold Coast start their seasons well. Maybe they’ll come out firing and shock the Eagles.

This. I don't care who West Coast plays, but if we can avoid the Suns in the early rounds that would be good. We should be celebrating having a game at the 'G'.

Shoeless Joe

Team Captain
May 22, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Like the round one fixture..MCG..in summer ...no freezing cold night at Marvel ...playing a team we should beat

I feel a staycation coming on!

Back