List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals - Part 2 (The 2020 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
My understanding is rookie max no is 7 total. We have 7. Our spare is a senior list spot, not a rookie.
We can create a rookie spot by listing one of our existing rookies. For example, we could relist Robbie Fox.
There may be contract I'mplications.
"The minimum list size for 2021 sits at 37, which requires at least 36 senior listed players. To reach the maximum of 44 players, clubs can carry between 36 and 38 senior listed players and four to six Category A rookies, plus the two Category B rookies."

Maximum Rookie List players is 8 - 6 Cat A and 2 Cat B - if you are running a 36 player senior list.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
"The minimum list size for 2021 sits at 37, which requires at least 36 senior listed players. To reach the maximum of 44 players, clubs can carry between 36 and 38 senior listed players and four to six Category A rookies, plus the two Category B rookies."

Maximum Rookie List players is 8 - 6 Cat A and 2 Cat B - if you are running a 36 player senior list.
Thanks

DST

Premiership Player
May 1, 2003
In enemy territory
AFL Club
Sydney
In Beatson's 2019 draft review video, he was saying they were getting Warner to work on his running ability.

In his AFL games I think he seemed enthusiastic about getting to the contest to physically impose himself but sometimes struggled to chase players down. I think it would be useful to be quicker to get to more contests and run players down to make a tackle. Although he was playing out of position.

He seemed to have solid skills in executing simple passes and handballs.

Spot on, he is a fair way away from having the tank to play senior football in the midfield and he doesn’t offer enough as a creative half forward to get a game there.

I like what we have seen so far as an inside midfielder, but he will need to be able to cover the kilometres to play that position.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Gulden?
Warner was U 18 AA in 2019.
At present he's a mile ahead of Gulden.

Fair call but I'm just saying a year is a long time at that age.
I still assume that Warner is more advanced after a full year as a professional player versus a kid still finishing school.
Not knocking Gulden.. Just think Warner should be ready next year.
I can't really say where Warner is tbh - just that he's stuck behind JPK, Parker and Hewett for a spot as he seems a pure inside bull type - Gulden can more likely fit into different areas - thus more of a chance to play is my take from afar.

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Rowbottom is the JPK replacement. If Sheather or Warner is able to develop that will be a bonus option on top of him.
Could become a Pendlebury type IMO. Bit more rugged, but has the nous - which is a different skill set to JPK.

Bear31

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Totally understand where you're coming from Bear. :):)
I dropped my phone a few months ago. Couldn't get it going so I took out the battery and SIM card but I stuffed up the SIM card. So I ordered a replacement SIM. Bought a new phone and waited 10 days for the SIM to turn up. Turned on my phone and lots of angry family and friends wondering where I was. It was only 10 days.:rolleyes:

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
I dropped my phone a few months ago. Couldn't get it going so I took out the battery and SIM card but I stuffed up the SIM card. So I ordered a replacement SIM. Bought a new phone and waited 10 days for the SIM to turn up. Turned on my phone and lots of angry family and friends wondering where I was. It was only 10 days.:rolleyes:
I've got a phone but I'm not sure why I have one. The only people who ever ring me on it are marketing companies. Occasionally, I'll get a text.
I cannot believe how today's kids live on it for 15 hours a day.

Bear31

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
I've got a phone but I'm not sure why I have one. The only people who ever ring me on it are marketing companies. Occasionally, I'll get a text.
I leave mine at home mostly. Unless I'm traveling long distances.

Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Never order wine online. Those bastards will call you every week asking if you want wine. Each time a new number

Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Never order wine online. Those bastards will call you every week asking if you want wine. Each time a new number
Dalrymple has good pick history.
Though he came in as we were bottoming out.
Cannot deny his strike rate though.
swansdraftpicks 7.png

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Good list, thanks.
McCartin can write his own cheque I think. Will command TOP dollar for defender in the league given his age and trajectory.
Not too sure Stephens and Hawyard are best 22 atm. Stephens in particular with much to prove. Not saying he won't prove it, but it's getting tougher to get in the team now. Hayward is borderline right now.
Most likely Gould will be delisted and go back to farm unless a raft of injuries strike this year and he gets a chance to do something.

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Good list, thanks.
McCartin can write his own cheque I think. Will command TOP dollar for defender in the league given his age and trajectory.
Not too sure Stephens and Hawyard are best 22 atm. Stephens in particular with much to prove. Not saying he won't prove it, but it's getting tougher to get in the team now. Hayward is borderline right now.
Most likely Gould will be delisted and go back to farm unless a raft of injuries strike this year and he gets a chance to do something.
I consider Stephens to be a clear-cut best 22 player.

Not flashy (yet), but has all the hallmarks of a young, hirsute J.McVeigh.

Hayward however, yep, on the borderline.

No idea where Gould is at.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Surely we pick up the best rucks this coming draft? We've got a good future in all other positions

Will be keeping an eye on the ~208cm over age former rugby player we have in the reserves this year. Hopefully he can develop his game in the twos.

Good list, thanks.

What does Stephens have to prove? He’s played 8 games!

He’s best 22 for mine

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Good list..
Probably should add rookies to it
2015rookie p52Melican (24yo)NSW46best 22
2015international rookieORiordan (25yo)Ireland23good depth
2017rookie p34Fox (27yo)Tas38good depth
2017rookie 28Amartey (21)Vic1potential
2017rookieBell (22)NSW10good depth
2018rookieWicks (21)NSW7Best22 / good depth
2018pre-season draftMcLean (22)Vic10good depth
2019international rookieOConnor (22)Ireland0potential
2020?SheatherNSW0?
2020?Curuthers?0?

It takes more than 22 players to play out the season, so depth players are important. I reckon a good depth player is one who is cheap ($), loyal and can play their role
Theres a few on that list that could become more than just depth.
Add the two lists together and its a pretty good u25's team. Would be interesting to compare to other clubs, I reckon The Suns would win on paper, but the Swans would be way up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back