Sam Skinner and Flynn Appleby

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We will get a really good look at Skinner when he trains with us. If he smashes it out of the park then grab him. We don’t have much depth in the key posts.
Where would he fit in the side?
Worth taking a guy with 3 ACL's vs potentially the best tall forward/ruck mid season?

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It appears the obsession with getting another key forward has reached new levels.

At this rate, posters will be suggesting that we offer Gumbleton a contract by mid Feb.
With no comben, and larkey on injury watch (previous foot/ankle injuries leading to long stints on sidelines) it kinda makes sense that we should be looking for some depth in the tall forward department.
Apparently we were looking for another tall in the draft before trades fell through.

remfan101

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Skinner is a Key Def anyway, if he can stay fit and make the grade he’d be a Tarrant replacement in a year or so. Averaged 7 odd marks in the AFL games he played this year.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Skinner is a Key Def anyway, if he can stay fit and make the grade he’d be a Tarrant replacement in a year or so. Averaged 7 odd marks in the AFL games he played this year.
Isn't that why we've been playing Ben Mckay?

DunderHead

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Where would he fit in the side?
Worth taking a guy with 3 ACL's vs potentially the best tall forward/ruck mid season?

You can have both. However, if they really liked Skinner they would have picked him in the rookie draft. They'd only pick him now if he demonstrated something we need and shot the lights out during intra clubs etc.

Someone said Comben was on crutches the other day. One more to role through as a KP wouldnt be silly.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You can have both. However, if they really liked Skinner they would have picked him in the rookie draft. They'd only pick him now if he demonstrated something we need and shot the lights out during intra clubs etc.

Someone said Comben was on crutches the other day. One more to role through as a KP wouldnt be silly.
Agree, that's why we should have asked some of the good key forwards who didn't get drafted to train at the club.
Not 2 defenders that would fill positional depth at best.

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agree, that's why we should have asked some of the good key forwards who didn't get drafted to train at the club.
Not 2 defenders that would fill positional depth at best.

There is a reason that the coaching team didn't trade for nor draft another kpf...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

So You Think

Miracle on Arden St
Feb 28, 2011
Hotel Kensington
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
So what's the connection between the Werribee Football Club and North Melbourne?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatal
I'm slightly confused by your comment here P? I didn't suggest there is a current connection.

(but as a topic for another thread, I think there certainly should be a big connection even though we have our own VFL side nowadays)

Jake was widely promoted by Choco as a kid worthwhile taking a punt on late in the draft and because of that I took notice of how he he went at the tigers (lower case t is deliberate) and I thought he was pretty good. I guess we chose young Crocker with that pick under an 'unofficial obligation' perhaps?

Just because he was available to all an sundry is irrelevant to my post.

Btw, I do enjoy your posts and I'm not wanting to get into a tit for tat stuff, I was just spewing when he when he went so well foe GWS that he wasn't with us.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I'm slightly confused by your comment here P? I didn't suggest there is a current connection.

(but as a topic for another thread, I think there certainly should be a big connection even though we have our own VFL side nowadays)

Jake was widely promoted by Choco as a kid worthwhile taking a punt on late in the draft and because of that I took notice of how he he went at the tigers (lower case t is deliberate) and I thought he was pretty good. I guess we chose young Crocker with that pick under an 'unofficial obligation' perhaps?

Btw, I do enjoy your posts and I'm not wanting to get into a tit for tat stuff, I was just spewing when he when he went so well foe GWS that he wasn't with us.

Fair call. I’d certainly like him on the list now.

samoodan

Cancelled
Nov 4, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Lions have heaps of depth in talls. Like Josh walker last year, they had to make space.

Skinner can play. The knees are a worry, but if he stays fit, I would not be surprised if he is in round 1.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

Fair call. I’d certainly like him on the list now.

A respectful discussion. We should have it stuffed and put on display.

Back