We choose not to.
raw

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
But geeze Leeds are in a bit of trouble, the defending for some of those goals was horrific. Yes they'll hurt you down the other end if you don't take your chances, but losing all their games 4-3 isn't going to get them the points to stay up.
Leeds will be fine to stay up. Goals win you games and Leeds can score goals. Something the other battlers struggle with.

Leeds will be fine to stay up. Goals win you games and Leeds can score goals. Something the other battlers struggle with.

Only if you actually win those games. Didn't Palace smash them 4-0 or something?

Leeds next rivalry game vs Burnley next week should be interesting.

Leeds will want to win 6-5, Burnley would want a 1-0 win via a 102nd min near post header after a crap load of time wasting.

Good thing Burnley aren't good at set pieces.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Flip the Liverpool result which was a couple poor finishes away from happening and your equal on points with Liverpool. Burning your season down a week later is insanity.

1 point from 3 matches this week. The Liverpool loss is forgivable but Spurs were awful against Palace and even worse this morning. A good side gets 4 points at the very least from those fixtures, a title winning side gets 6. We got 1 and were lucky to get that.

It's been coming for a while. We were impotent against Chelsea too and their results are not at all flattering. Yes, we beat City but over the last month that is the only time we have looked like winning a game.

As for the Liverpool game, we were decent but it's a very one-eyed argument to say that we should have won. You can't make the argument that we were a couple of near misses away from winning that and overlook Mane hitting the crossbar and firing good opportunities straight at Hugo Lloris that he buries on most other days. We could just as easily have lost that game 3-1 or 4-1.

Only if you actually win those games. Didn't Palace smash them 4-0 or something?
You seem to appear here when we lose and disappear when we win. Weird that, almost troll like.

We were never going to compete for Europe or even top 8-10. Survival was always the aim. More important games are next two against Burnley and West Brom. Think we’re quite competitive against bottom half teams. Palace result aside.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
We’re not title challengers mate. We’ve been stealing games off more courageous teams all season.

Two and at times three holding midfielders at home? Against Leicester FFS. They had twice the number of chances we did. And they ain’t Bayern Munich.
Mou effect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You seem to appear here when we lose and disappear when we win. Weird that, almost troll like.

We were never going to compete for Europe or even top 8-10. Survival was always the aim. More important games are next two against Burnley and West Brom. Think we’re quite competitive against bottom half teams. Palace result aside.

I think that's your imagination, I'm here week in week out. Didn't you just pop up in the Championship thread mocking Hull's form?

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
He only saw the penalty goal that we scored instead of the other 5.

Thr statisticians are still counting our penalties. Love how 90% of penalties given to United since the start of last season have actually been penalties and some have been a bit dubious. Like the one against West Brom which was debated on here.... because why can’t a defender handle a cross coming at him chest high, with two hands.... when there was a one metre distance between Mata crossing the ball and the defender who handled the ball? 😂

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Thr statisticians are still counting our penalties. Love how 90% of penalties given to United since the start of last season have actually been penalties and some have been a bit dubious. Like the one against West Brom which was debated on here.... because why can’t a defender handle a cross coming at him chest high, with two hands.... when there was a one metre distance between Mata crossing the ball and the defender who handled the ball? 😂
They love to hate us.

Hard life being the biggest club in the world. ;)

I think that's your imagination, I'm here week in week out. Didn't you just pop up in the Championship thread mocking Hull's form?
No. The discussion was on Hull in that someone mentioned their good form. I simply commented that recent form was not good. Not an opinion but a fact. I’ve made comments on there about other lower division teams. I happen to be a fan of English lower divisions. I also make comments about games in other euro leagues.

You on the other hand are far more visible almost giddy when we lose and fairly invisible when we win. Although I think you did mention a couple of times that we’re below Newcastle on the table

Jaymin

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leeds United FC
Our main issue is that we can’t really afford to have key players out against quality opposition. Unlikely it would have made a difference today as Phillips and Klich were poor but not having a settled back 4 doesn’t help.

As a fan I’d still rather put up with games like this rather than just parking the bus and playing for a 0-0.

No. The discussion was on Hull in that someone mentioned their good form. I simply commented that recent form was not good. Not an opinion but a fact. I’ve made comments on there about other lower division teams. I happen to be a fan of English lower divisions. I also make comments about games in other euro leagues.

You on the other hand are far more visible almost giddy when we lose and fairly invisible when we win. Although I think you did mention a couple of times that we’re below Newcastle on the table
The comment about good form was Jaymin being sarcastic. Jaymin is also a Leeds fan.

Giddy? I've made one comment about the card on James and another that Leeds concede a lot of set pieces and will be in trouble if they concede so many goals. Is that not allowed?

Our main issue is that we can’t really afford to have key players out against quality opposition. Unlikely it would have made a difference today as Phillips and Klich were poor but not having a settled back 4 doesn’t help.

As a fan I’d still rather put up with games like this rather than just parking the bus and playing for a 0-0.

Yeah we're no good enough to miss two international CBs. Agree re Phillips and Klich today and agree with subbing them off as both a yellow away from a suspension. Crucial they play our next two.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
What do you want? Completely abandon the attacking play and sit behind and have 0-0 draws and the occasional win with a counter attack? Aren't your 2 best CBs out injured?

I was being a bit salty and facetious tbh.

Of course up until this point I am very happy with how we have performed in the Premier League up until this point, but there have been some diabolical defending from us in the past 6 weeks that hopefully will get addressing in the next transfer window.

Our main goal was to stay up this season, which I think we should do with relative comfort I want us to try for a top 10 finish.

Hopefully we can bounce back by beating Burnley at Elland Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back