List Mgmt. Carlton's 2020 Draft Thread

skadoosh

Premiership Player
May 26, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Not really.

I find the ongoing arguments tiresome.

Discussion is fine. But didactic battles between the same old combatants that seem to never end is a different story completely.

IMO

Can anyone recommend a good vet in the inner-east? My state of my poor horse:

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Always enjoy this yearly article by Cal Twomey on the BTS happenings of the 1st Round.

Jack Carroll gets a mention as the Lions likely selection at Pick 25 but the Pies bid on Blake Coleman put paid to that. If Carroll becomes our next star, then we have the mighty Ned Guy to thank for allowing him to slide.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Always enjoy this yearly article by Cal Twomey on the BTS happenings of the 1st Round.

Jack Carroll gets a mention as the Lions likely selection at Pick 25 but the Pies bid on Blake Coleman put paid to that. If Carroll becomes our next star, then we have the mighty Ned Guy to thank for allowing him to slide.

There was an * supporter on the draft and trading board outraged over how overrated he believes our draft was and in his posting history he made some comments on taking Carroll at 6,7 or 8!!

I truely think we’ve got a steal. I didn’t think we’d take a mid this year but he was obviously too good to pass up.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Surprised we didn't get Rowe mature aged goal kicker perfect for our needs now. Winder was still on the board when we passed our last pick. mark my words kids going to be as gem for the Eagles.

Agree

He would have been the " Richmond like' Pick for the blues with a late pick but huge upside, The kid is a genuine freak athletically and with some good coaching and a year or 2 around betts i could see him becoming the exact type of small foward you guys needed. Not sure why he slid so much maybe a go home away from family type scenario happening there

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Whilst Vandermeer was a brilliant pick (Butler will be similarly as good), I was more referencing his time at Richmond where they picked the eyes out of the later rounds and rookie drafts. Bolton, Balta, Baker, Graham, Lambert, Broad, Markov are just a few of the selections he would’ve been apart of.

One thing SOS struggled with. Could’ve been a crazy duo.
REally was not Austin doing the picking them years at Richmond
Francis Jackson & Matt Clarke later were our 2 main men but the draft in 2014 for Richmond was mainly Jackson making calls (including the Lennon over Cripps before :mad: )

Bokan

All Australian
Dec 21, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Whilst Vandermeer was a brilliant pick (Butler will be similarly as good), I was more referencing his time at Richmond where they picked the eyes out of the later rounds and rookie drafts. Bolton, Balta, Baker, Graham, Lambert, Broad, Markov are just a few of the selections he would’ve been apart of.

One thing SOS struggled with. Could’ve been a crazy duo.
Balta was pick 25 fwiw, not at all a late pick

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Balta was pick 25 fwiw, not at all a late pick

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app
There were a few good players picked up in that draft from 20-30 Noah Balta , TDK, Tim Kelly, Liam Ryan , Sam Taylor , Oscar Allen , Brent Daniels
as well as later picks like Worpel & Tom MaCartin

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
REally was not Austin doing the picking them years at Richmond
Francis Jackson & Matt Clarke later were our 2 main men but the draft in 2014 for Richmond was mainly Jackson making calls (including the Lennon over Cripps before :mad: )

Everywhere he’s gone there’s been success in the 2nd/3rd/4th rounds. Maybe just coincidence. Maybe not.

LOL you will be cheering for them louder than anybody if he played for the bummers

Nah Bruv. Would never get that far, I'de rather rookie him to the Tigers, and that's saying something.

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
couldn’t see this posted anywhere

The Big Fella Brodie wouldn't have been happy if we missed on Carroll. Had a chuckle at him dropping his texta lol. I dare say the talent identifier wanted Carroll first, the Coaches wanted the player they needed most first in Durdin, and then the List Manager managed the call rightly to get both.

The Big Fella Brodie wouldn't have been happy if we missed on Carroll. Had a chuckle at him dropping his texta lol. I dare say the talent identifier wanted Carroll first, the Coaches wanted the player they needed most first in Durdin, and then the List Manager managed the call rightly to get both.

Good pick-up. Sure seems that way, doesn't it? :)

I may have missed the change previously but interesting to note individuals role titles.; Agresta is no longer 'List Manager' in any written form but he's the 'Player Acquisition and TPP Manager and Austin is the simple, 'Head of List Management'

Even though the roles may be similar to what they were with SOS involved, I could never warm to two individuals being called List Managers, previously

AT97

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Got a bit bored so searched to find any info on Mahe. this is in a predraft article.

AFL draft 2020: Who impressed at the Victoria trial training session?
More than 50 of Victoria’s best draft hopefuls were put through their paces in front of a crowd of AFL recruiters. Who were the standouts?

Zavier Maher
Murray Bushrangers — Midfielder, 185cm, 82kg

Maher consistently won marking contests by out bodying opponents with his strong frame. The big-bodied midfielder also showcased his dash at stages.

murphster

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Steelers,Dodgers,Casey Stoner
Agree

He would have been the " Richmond like' Pick for the blues with a late pick but huge upside, The kid is a genuine freak athletically and with some good coaching and a year or 2 around betts i could see him becoming the exact type of small foward you guys needed. Not sure why he slid so much maybe a go home away from family type scenario happening there
Most likely the Stack, Stengel factor, clubs will quickly become gun shy again if these incidents keep happening.

murphster

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Steelers,Dodgers,Casey Stoner
I wonder who the 3rd player of the 3 they were saying they were happy they all were still on the board, could it have been Rowe? would be interested to know.

Back