EPL Matchday 14

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
You seem to appear here when we lose and disappear when we win. Weird that, almost troll like.

We were never going to compete for Europe or even top 8-10. Survival was always the aim. More important games are next two against Burnley and West Brom. Think we’re quite competitive against bottom half teams. Palace result aside.
It’s funny, SM has posted more on Leeds the last few years than anyone else, including Leeds supporters but any mention of Hull and we’re obsessed and living ‘rent free’ or whatever the stupid saying he says is.
Defence is a obviously a massive issue, but we’ve got 17 points so far and a couple games out the the relegation zone which I think majority of supporters would be happy with.

Jaymin

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leeds United FC
The comment about good form was Jaymin being sarcastic. Jaymin is also a Leeds fan.
No it wasn’t. And to be honest I didn’t realise you had only got 1 point from your last 4 games as I just saw you were 3rd.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I was being a bit salty and facetious tbh.

Of course up until this point I am very happy with how we have performed in the Premier League up until this point, but there have been some diabolical defending from us in the past 6 weeks that hopefully will get addressing in the next transfer window.

Our main goal was to stay up this season, which I think we should do with relative comfort I want us to try for a top 10 finish.

Hopefully we can bounce back by beating Burnley at Elland Rd.
Best 2 CBs are injured. Liverpool's season was apparently over when their 2 got injured so I think Leeds can be cut some slack. Might need a higher quality DM and move Phillips a little higher.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
But geeze Leeds are in a bit of trouble, the defending for some of those goals was horrific. Yes they'll hurt you down the other end if you don't take your chances, but losing all their games 4-3 isn't going to get them the points to stay up.

Leeds defending can be naive, including that by the midfielders. And they often give the ball away as they try to push forward in numbers. Combine the two and it leaves big gaps for teams to exploit. But they always create chances at the other end until the final whistle, which is why their games are so entertaining to watch.

They have 5 wins and 2 draws from 14 games so they are on target for over 40 points and hence safety. I don't think their squad runs that deep so they might be in trouble if they pick up more injuries.

It’s funny, SM has posted more on Leeds the last few years than anyone else, including Leeds supporters but any mention of Hull and we’re obsessed and living ‘rent free’ or whatever the stupid saying he says is.
Defence is a obviously a massive issue, but we’ve got 17 points so far and a couple games out the the relegation zone which I think majority of supporters would be happy with.

R a t t l e d.

Reckon you bring up Hull more than I bring up Leeds but whatever pal.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

hell just from that image alone the ball is in about 4 places.

margin of error needed until they spend the money on cameras that can deliver the necessary frames per second.

If the blue and red lines are together, then the decision should be onside to the attacker.
The rule needs to be changed and have a clear separation of blue and red lines for it to be ruled offside.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I’m not falling into anything mate. I have not missed a Spurs game in years and know what I see.

Defend as deep as we do and give your opponent most of the ball and you deserve what you get. Smash and grab football is for cowards.

We’ll get away with it some of the time but we deadset stole points against Burnley, Brom and Brighton. We could very easily be mid-table.

The other problem this morning is Leister are playing the same game.

Kompany

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Probably need to lighten up a bit and do a bit more reading how much the Leeds guys have been bigging up Bielsa.

I really think some on here are exaggerating with their omg the Leeds guys are talking about Bielsa. Remember the City game? Pretty much every newspaper, website or podcast mentioned that it was Guardiola v Bielsa. Yet when a Leeds fan brought it up on here, he got laughed at for doing so. I'm not talking about you personally, but some of the reactions on here say more about those posters than the Leeds fans bigging up their coach, who they love for obvious reasons.

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I really think some on here are exaggerating with their omg the Leeds guys are talking about Bielsa. Remember the City game? Pretty much every newspaper, website or podcast mentioned that it was Guardiola v Bielsa. Yet when a Leeds fan brought it up on here, he got laughed at for doing so. I'm not talking about you personally, but some of the reactions on here say more about those posters than the Leeds fans bigging up their coach, who they love for obvious reasons.

The newspapers and media get laughed at as well.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Leicester back into second spot. Where do people sit on Brendan Rodgers these days?

Always been a polarising figure. I recall when his name was in the ring for the Arsenal and Chelsea jobs back in 2019 many fans of those clubs were mortified (fraud riding on Suarez' coat tails seemed to be a pretty commonly held opinion although the tide was turning).

Is that still the case or if either club were to be hunting for a new manager in the near future would they be happy to see him take the reins?

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
He’s obsessed with Fernandes and United.

I hope Bruno Fernandes continues to have these 2 goals, 1 assist or 1 goal, 1 assist or 0 goals, 2 assist performances like he has been having all year.

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
Unless the owners have explicably told him not to, why is he not playing a world cup winner in Ozil ?
Arteta's
Leicester back into second spot. Where do people sit on Brendan Rodgers these days?

Always been a polarising figure. I recall when his name was in the ring for the Arsenal and Chelsea jobs back in 2019 many fans of those clubs were mortified (fraud riding on Suarez' coat tails seemed to be a pretty commonly held opinion although the tide was turning).

Is that still the case or if either club were to be hunting for a new manager in the near future would they be happy to see him take the reins?
Don't think he's regarded high enough and based on what he's acheived in his last four posts at Swansea, Liverpool, Celtic and now Leicester I think he has the CV to deserve any top job in the EPL. He didn't just improve the results for these teams but significantly bettered them, all while playing attractive football. Unfortunately for him, and unfairly in my opinion, he didn't leave on best terms with Pool and Celtic fans which seems to have hurt his standing against his peers.

It's like the people who say DCL has been lucky this season with the goals he's scored, as if it's luck to consistently be in the right place.

Just because Fernandes gets a lot of assists which are square passes doesn't mean he's not perfectly weighting the ball and lining up the perfect opportunity for a team mate to smash in a goal.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
It's like the people who say DCL has been lucky this season with the goals he's scored, as if it's luck to consistently be in the right place.

Just because Fernandes gets a lot of assists which are square passes doesn't mean he's not perfectly weighting the ball and lining up the perfect opportunity for a team mate to smash in a goal.

Our resident Everton fan loves trashing DCL. He is only the second highest scorer in the league lol.

Back