Recommitted Harry McKay [re-signed to 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

You turfing Plowman and marchbank?

Plowman handles mediums and smalls, nabbing B McKay for a lockdown, more traditional key defender role leaves Marchbank to play 3rd tall, intercept mark.

I genuinely rate Ben. I think hes a gem. Of course Jones has a couple of years left so the time line is a little off, but if we could steal him from you, our backline would be set for the next 8 years.

But this is the Harry thread, Im sure a Ben thread will come along soon enough.

As a north fan I'd offer him a chance to play with his brother and a decent contract.
He's got everything we're looking for in a tall and could need another depending on how this season goes.
Easily got another 10+ years left in him barring injury.

As a north fan I'd offer him a chance to play with his brother and a decent contract.
He's got everything we're looking for in a tall and could need another depending on how this season goes.

I reckon a straight swap for Simpkin would be a reasonable trade.

Simpkin’s got everything we we want in a midfielder and could need another depending on how this season goes.

I reckon a straight swap for Simpkin would be a reasonable trade.

Simpkin’s got everything we we want in a midfielder and could need another depending on how this season goes.

This year has shown that if a player wants to leave then the deal will get done.
No way we're giving up Simpkin but happy to trade for Mckay or he'll walk if he wants to.

This year has shown that if a player wants to leave then the deal will get done.
No way we're giving up Simpkin but happy to trade for Mckay or he'll walk if he wants to.
Tell that to Josh Dunkley

Tell that to Josh Dunkley
Dunkley still contracted whereas Mckay wont be end of 2021.

Well you guys will probably have Pick 1 in the PSD, so you could always try to walk him through.

Doubt he’ll want another stint at a rebuilding club, but it’ll be hard to knock back the inevitable 6 year, 6 million dollar North Melbourne contract offer.

Well you guys will probably have Pick 1 in the PSD, so you could always try to walk him through.

Doubt he’ll want another stint at a rebuilding club, but it’ll be hard to knock back the inevitable 6 year, 6 million dollar North Melbourne contract offer.
I don't think North's 'rebuild' is as drastic as you think or will take as long.

Dunkley still contracted whereas Mckay wont be end of 2021.
My mistake but why would McKay want to leave Carlton and go and join north Melbourne. He should stay at Carlton they are on the rise and will be playing finals north Melbourne are in a rebuild Ben McKay can always join Carlton if they wanted to play together

I don't think North's 'rebuild' is as drastic as you think or will take as long.

Not sure ‘our rebuild won’t be as drastic or as long as you think’ will be much of a selling point to a gun like McKay.

North struggled to sign quality players when they were half decent, not sure they’re going to find it any easier now they’re discernibly poor.

My mistake but why would McKay want to leave Carlton and go and join north Melbourne. He should stay at Carlton they are on the rise and will be playing finals north Melbourne are in a rebuild Ben McKay can always join Carlton if they wanted to play together
Who knows at this point. I just know North would be asking Ben to ask the question.
Who could have predicted a year out that Stevo would be at North and Treloar would be at the dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure ‘our rebuild won’t be as drastic or as long as you think’ will be much of a selling point to a gun like McKay.

North struggled to sign quality players when they were half decent, not sure they’re going to find it any easier now they’re discernibly poor.
It was more of a statement to you than Mckay.
As long as he's uncontracted past the 2021 season then anything is on the table.
Its not like Carlton don't have a plethora of tall forwards coming through all vying for playing time.

It was more of a statement to you than Mckay.
As long as he's uncontracted past the 2021 season then anything is on the table.
Its not like Carlton don't have a plethora of tall forwards coming through all vying for playing time.

The topic isn’t my views on North’s rebuild, it’s where McKay ends up if he leaves the Blues.

The reality is if North are still bottom 4 McKay won’t consider it. McKay will have no shortage of suitors and will get some equally big contract offers.

We’d value McKay as our most valuable tall forward currently, with Curnow unable to get on the park, McGovern unable to hit any form and Casboult nothing more than a good ordinary key forward with a decent set of hands. We’d more readily cast of the latter two if need be.

McKay will undoubtably (smartly) wait until the end of the season to get maximum bang for his buck either at Carlton or elsewhere.

Last edited:
Who knows at this point. I just know North would be asking Ben to ask the question.
Who could have predicted a year out that Stevo would be at North and Treloar would be at the dogs.
I think you guys will surprise a few and make the top 8 next year you have a good young list

I think you guys will surprise a few and make the top 8 next year you have a good young list
I don't think we're the worst team, still bottom 4 and will win 5-6 next year, Adelaide still have the weakest list imo, granted they are a 'good last place' team, similar to Brisbane in 2017. But finals contention is irrationale, let alone thinking that they will make finals.

We'll be in the market for a good young key forward.
Our last one from Carlton is not far from retirement. Love to snaffle this one to take his place. ;)
Would McKay be willing to move states? Kennedy is from Perth when he was traded so it made sense that he would go from Carlton to West Coast

Would McKay be willing to move states? Kennedy is from Perth when he was traded so it made sense that he would go from Carlton to West Coast

Pretty unlikely I'd think.

Who was the last quality player to request a trade to WA than wasn't a native?

If he leaves it'll be to take up a Hail Mary offer at a club like Hawthorn IMO.

Pretty unlikely I'd think.

Who was the last quality player to request a trade to WA than wasn't a native?

If he leaves it'll be to take up a Hail Mary offer at a club like Hawthorn IMO.
Why would Mckay go to Hawks and not North in the same situation?
The Roos are in a much better position IMO.

Why would Mckay go to Hawks and not North in the same situation?
The Roos are in a much better position IMO.

Clarko factor, but really depends on how good a good the Hawks do in selling a premiership on the basis of their current squad.

Hawks will be better in the short-term, it’s up to them to convince McKay they’ll also be better in the long term.

Clarko factor, but really depends on how good a good the Hawks do in selling a premiership on the basis of their current squad.

Would be a hell of a selling job, given the howls of bemused disbelief from football world last week when he told the membership that Hawthorn would immediately bounce back and be much better in 2021 than in 2020.

Guitar was a nice touch though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back