Fixture 2021 AFL Fixture

Average percentage of double-up opponents: 105.16 (Sixth-hardest)

Pros … Welcome to the opposite of 2020, where they barely leave Victoria for long stretches of the season … nine of the Blues’ first ten games are in Melbourne, including six at the MCG … they also finish the year with six of seven games in Melbourne.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

Gold Coast

A pretty kind draw all up, with double-up games against two of the bottom three (Sydney and North Melbourne) plus a beatable Carlton side

finish the year with a pretty gentle run of Blues, Bombers and Swans too

Nice! Keep sleeping on Carlton, media.

Oct 3, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
If we are still worried about who we are playing and where, then we are in the wrong comp.

for mine, the defining game of the season comes in round ten v Hawthorn. Clarko looked at the game yesterday, pencilled in a win, and focused on whoever they’re playing in round eleven. For too long these guys have treated us as their bunnies. Time to repay them... with plenty of interest.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
What a stitch up. Freo and Gold Coast our "easy game" no North or Adelaid or Essendon, Pies and GWS our mid-tier double ups, each could be Top 4 if things go their way. And Port.. one of the top 3 sides of the year.

Yay. Love the way this always seems to happen to us.
I've said this multiple times, and I'll say it again: I want us to make it despite the harder draw. I want us to go in, looking to make some of the other teams a bit afraid. I want us to do it properly, not to luck in based on home games and a softer draw.

Better to be prepared for finals than to turn up unaware. Better to go in with an idea of where you stand.

Back