Arsenal FC: Out of control

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I did. It’s arsenal fans who exaggerate everything.

All of the forums for the big English clubs are like that. Red Cafe, Blue Moon, RAWK etc....The worst kind of reactionary and overly emotional fans seem to congregate in these places.

I think we're quite lucky on this board to have a community where most posters are pretty level headed.

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah knew that would happen but let’s be honest, everyone laughs at AFTV and then you want to listen to what they have to say?

I was only mucking around. All club forums, club Twitter pages etc. are like that really.

I don’t think you can dismiss them all completely though.

All of the forums for the big English clubs are like that. Red Cafe, Blue Moon, RAWK etc....The worst kind of reactionary and overly emotional fans seem to congregate in these places.

I think we're quite lucky on this board to have a community where most posters are pretty level headed.

You’re welcome!

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
I was only mucking around. All club forums, club Twitter pages etc. are like that really.

I don’t think you can dismiss them all completely though.
No there can be truth to it but majority of the time, a player has a bad game and they need to ship him out. Expecting results immediately. As someone who has dabbled in management (even at a low level), it’s not that simple to get players on board/buy in to your philosophies. All it takes is one player who’s been at the club and has pull to undermine you.

Haven’t followed it all too much, but is it a manager or club problem with Ozil? I think he was out of favour before Arteta because I expected him to be back in the side, but it seems Arteta was given a directive to not include him

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Haven’t followed it all too much, but is it a manager or club problem with Ozil? I think he was out of favour before Arteta because I expected him to be back in the side, but it seems Arteta was given a directive to not include him
From an outside point of view, I think it's also that because Arteta keeps playing 3 CB's, it gets more difficult to play a #10 so to speak as well, because you end up playing 5-2-3 or 5-3-2 really in a way mostly.

I think football these days has turned so much into work rate and pace because of how Liverpool and City were playing, so that's why Ozil as supremely talented as he is, doesn't get a game, reminds me a bit of what happened to Jack Wilshere really as well.

Apr 14, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
From an outside point of view, I think it's also that because Arteta keeps playing 3 CB's, it gets more difficult to play a #10 so to speak as well, because you end up playing 5-2-3 or 5-3-2 really in a way mostly.

I think football these days has turned so much into work rate and pace because of how Liverpool and City were playing, so that's why Ozil as supremely talented as he is, doesn't get a game, reminds me a bit of what happened to Jack Wilshere really as well.
Ozil was playing until he rejected the pay cut for COVID. Emery also said the management wanted Ozil to not play to force him out.

If Arteta has fallen out with the players I wonder how much is due to the paycut and Arteta getting a promotion after last season.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
It's everything.

Inexperienced DoF, inexperienced technical director and inexperienced manager. All a mess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're in a similar position to what we were in 15/16. In our case, Mou completely lost the playing group and we steadily improved to 10th after he was sacked despite having a lot of the quality that won us the title in the previous season. On face value, it doesn't look like Arteta has lost the players, but he seems out of his depth. Tactics and player management seem to be all wrong, signing Willian and retaining Xhaka? Top half is pretty much out of the question but I feel they could genuinely be relegated if Arteta remains.

EpwhHrdVgAcinI9

They're in a similar position to what we were in 15/16. In our case, Mou completely lost the playing group and we steadily improved to 10th after he was sacked despite having a lot of the quality that won us the title in the previous season. On face value, it doesn't look like Arteta has lost the players, but he seems out of his depth. Tactics and player management seem to be all wrong, signing Willian and retaining Xhaka? Top half is pretty much out of the question but I feel they could genuinely be relegated if Arteta remains.
Difference is they don't have the quality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back