News 2021 AFL Fixture

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Getting pretty sick of playing in Tasmania, to be honest. The novelty factor has worn off, for me.

It's only my opinion, not saying we need to completely give it the arse.

Oh, I'm also over the guaranteed loss down at that sh*t heap, in Geelong. Every bloody year we get scheduled to play there.
Trent Dumount disagrees

Important to remember that while it looks like the AFL is ******* us over completely they couldn't have done it without the help of our own club. Those 4 home games in Hobart are the pits. I'm still furious about losing even more games to watch live. We miss an entire season and can barely even see our own team in Melbourne.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Important to remember that while it looks like the AFL is ******* us over completely they couldn't have done it without the help of our own club. Those 4 home games in Hobart are the pits. I'm still furious about losing even more games to watch live. We miss an entire season and can barely even see our own team in Melbourne.

A clean balance sheet and a politically correct building extension are the hallmarks of a succesful club in the 2020's.

You need to get with the times mate.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I'm more annoyed that we get our annual trip to ******* Hillbilly Stadium that the Hobart games. * that. I'm not forking out $$$$ to get a seat at their government funded stadium so I can line their pockets. And Sunday twilight too, just to make it extra special. What better way to finish off weekend that a serve of Dangerflag.

I'm more annoyed that we get our annual trip to ******* Hillbilly Stadium that the Hobart games. fu** that. I'm not forking out $$$$ to get a seat at their government funded stadium so I can line their pockets. And Sunday twilight too, just to make it extra special. What better way to finish off weekend that a serve of Dangerflag.

Well me too. But you know what - the AFL will always look to give us a Geelong game, they'll always be sending us to Launceston and we sure as s**t will be doing more WA games than any club not based out of that state for the forseeable future. The issue I have with Tassie games - and in particular more of them - is that these other fixture issues will never change so we get the double hit. There is zero chance of me ever going to another game in Geelong, same reason that I've not returned to Hobart since my one visit a few years back. I even skipped the Essendon home game at Etihad last time it was on because I'm done funding games and clubs that are to the detriment of mine.

So yeah, I agree that I'm sick of going to Geelong almost every single year but games in Tasmania are within out control whereas this is not. I'm glad that we can make a profit for the last decade with games from Tasmania but unfortunately my view is that we need to start planning to not be playing in Tasmania in the medium term or else we are just on the slow path to nowhere.

I'm more annoyed that we get our annual trip to ******* Hillbilly Stadium that the Hobart games. fu** that. I'm not forking out $$$$ to get a seat at their government funded stadium so I can line their pockets. And Sunday twilight too, just to make it extra special. What better way to finish off weekend that a serve of Dangerflag.

Me and some mates have just made an annual weekend of it. Hire a house down the coast, go the game and a few local establishments. Nice weekend away.
Same for a game in Hobart each year. You can get return flights for $1-200.

We barrack for Nth. This is what the club needs to do earn a buck when we have f all supporters turn up in Melb. Fact. Find a way to make the most of it.

No matter what fixture we get, there will be endless whinging on here.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Me and some mates have just made an annual weekend of it. Hire a house down the coast, go the game and a few local establishments. Nice weekend away.
Same for a game in Hobart each year. You can get return flights for $1-200.

We barrack for Nth. This is what the club needs to do earn a buck when we have f all supporters turn up in Melb. Fact. Find a way to make the most of it.

No matter what fixture we get, there will be endless whinging on here.

I agree. Not complaining about the Hobart games. In fact I'm more likely to get to a Hobart game than a Geelong game. It'd just be nice for one season not to be fixtured there.

I agree. Not complaining about the Hobart games. In fact I'm more likely to get to a Hobart game than a Geelong game. It'd just be nice for one season not to be fixtured there.
Since and including 2015 we have only played three games at Kardinia park.

In 2015, when we played them twice.
In 2018 when we only played them there
And in 2019 when we played them twice.

rippersnipper

What up son, whatever
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm assuming that we play everyone at least once and that some will be at home and some will be away. I'm sick of Richmond and Carlton getting the first game every year. The opening fixture shouldn't be some permanent slot for two teams, should be rotated every year. If every other side plays a different team in round one each year then they should have to too. The AFL favouring specific teams consistently does my head in

We were fixtured to play there in 2020 as well.
True but if we had then I wouldn't assume this year would be the same.

I'm a bit more annoyed about the MCG games to Perth games ratio. I doubt we'll play finals this year but by next year we could be.

Since and including 2015 we have only played three games at Kardinia park.

In 2015, when we played them twice.
In 2018 when we only played them there
And in 2019 when we played them twice.

Only? That's more in the last 4 seasons than 5+ Melbourne clubs put together over the last 20 years.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
True but if we had then I wouldn't assume this year would be the same.

I'm a bit more annoyed about the MCG games to Perth games ratio. I doubt we'll play finals this year but by next year we could be.
I'd be backing us to have gone there regardless. We'll never know.

Not fussed about the MCG personally.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Only? That's more in the last 4 seasons than 5+ Melbourne clubs put together over the last 20 years.
Really?

Cos that is a rort if its true. Two years we played Geelong twice and so one of those games should be at their home ground as well.

Although we played one of their home games at Docklands in 2017 or 2016. Maybe the stadium was closed for a season or two while they rebuilt it with that money their supporters raised.

There is a chance I'll be doing an AFL radio show this year on a local community station. If I do I'll keep bringing this stuff up.

Really?

Cos that is a rort if its true. Two years we played Geelong twice and so one of those games should be at their home ground as well.

Although we played one of their home games at Docklands in 2017 or 2016. Maybe the stadium was closed for a season or two while they rebuilt it with that money their supporters raised.

There is a chance I'll be doing an AFL radio show this year on a local community station. If I do I'll keep bringing this stuff up.
Collingwood last played there in 1999
Richmond were fairly frequent visitors until 2011 but only once since (2017)
Carlton have been sent there in 2018/19/20 but before that hadn't been since 1996
*essendon haven't been there since 1993
Hawthorn went last year but hadn't been since 2006 before that.
St Kilda 2019, 2018, 2014, 2013, but a gap to 2004 - up to then they were regular visitors
Dogs are regulars - 2019, 17, 16, 15, 14, 12, 11
Melbourne 2019, 18, 16, 15, 13, 12, 11, 10

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Exactly this for me. The sooner the Tassie contract finishes the better. Also I cannot fathom why we have been allocated a 5th game as one of Hawthorn's home games in Launceston. Surely they can give this to another team. Five entire games robbed for North supporters to see our club play. Needs to end as soon as possible.

Not sure "robbed" is exactly the right word considering we signed up to do it........

Agree on Hawthorn though, that's stupid.

Collingwood last played there in 1999
Richmond were fairly frequent visitors until 2011 but only once since (2017)
Carlton have been sent there in 2018/19/20 but before that hadn't been since 1996
*essendon haven't been there since 1993
Hawthorn went last year but hadn't been since 2006 before that.
St Kilda 2019, 2018, 2014, 2013, but a gap to 2004 - up to then they were regular visitors
Dogs are regulars - 2019, 17, 16, 15, 14, 12, 11
Melbourne 2019, 18, 16, 15, 13, 12, 11, 10
Okay...

If this show happens I'm gonna do an episode or devote some serious time to this.

Carlton, *, Collingwood, and to a lesser extent Hawthorn, Richmond and even St Kilda... have all had decade plus periods of not playing in Geelong. It seems a bit sus to me.

Okay...

If this show happens I'm gonna do an episode or devote some serious time to this.

Carlton, *, Collingwood, and to a lesser extent Hawthorn, Richmond and even St Kilda... have all had decade plus periods of not playing in Geelong. It seems a bit sus to me.
I don’t know, it says to me it’s based on expected crowd numbers and success which kind of go hand in hand. If we had 30 attendees at every game they would schedule the game at a suitable venue even if it was a Geelong home game.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don’t know, it says to me it’s based on expected crowd numbers and success which kind of go hand in hand. If we had 30 attendees at every game they would schedule the game at a suitable venue even if it was a Geelong home game.

I know we are rebuilding and so on, but I'd like to think more than 30 will show up......

So has anyone heard of our annual Len Hall Tribute game against Fremantle? Apparently the Dockers regard it as "a clear stand out" from their opening block of fixtures. On the AFL website they go on to say "We're excited this year's game falls on the eve of Anzac Day and we can't wait to once again see our players, members and supporters do justice to the occasion".

I've never even heard of it (I'm sure Len was a great man), let alone aware that we were part of such an event. Who says we don't get given blockbusters!

Phillyroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles Baby
I reckon I might try to get to this one too. Watch the girls play and then the men, it’s a good opportunity and hopefully we get at least one win.
Mate, I didn’t even click that it was a double header!!!
Even better!!!
I’ll contact the club and see what they can organise for us!

anyone else keen for this big day/night let me know!!!

Back