Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Eddie Hearn suggests Fury/AJ has been verbally agreed for May/June. Only small stuff like who walks out last left to negotiate

Still believe it when theyre in the ring...
Isn't the big issue the location?

I saw somewhere that if they have it in the UK as opposed to Saudi Arabia they are looking at possibly losing up to 80% in the purse. Plus with covid still hitting Europe and the USA it makes it pretty hard to find a suitable location with a crowd

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

I saw somewhere that if they have it in the UK as opposed to Saudi Arabia they are looking at possibly losing up to 80% in the purse. Plus with covid still hitting Europe and the USA it makes it pretty hard to find a suitable location with a crowd
I'm sure I heard somewhere that one of the options was a cruise ship in international waters

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide

My guess is Saudi if they offer huge money but it would be a shame to have the biggest HW title fight in at least a decade not have a crowd...

Still think we see Fury/Wilder 3 and AJ/Usyk first. Both viable with smaller/no crowds

I'm sure I heard somewhere that one of the options was a cruise ship in international waters
lol ******* gangster if that happens

My guess is Saudi if they offer huge money but it would be a shame to have the biggest HW title fight in at least a decade not have a crowd...

Still think we see Fury/Wilder 3 and AJ/Usyk first. Both viable with smaller/no crowds
Usyk said he was willing to step aside to let the Fury/AJ fight go ahead

However it seems as if he wants some sort of payout for that to happen and who can blame him really

Fury/Wilder 3 I don't know if the interest is there anymore or at least it has dwindled substantially

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

I said at the time Horn should have let Zerafa fight Muruta but didn't know it was a $680K difference in purse. Horn is pretty shitty for that, the rematch could have waited 6-12 months. Horn could have fought almost anyone for the same money he got
I hated Horn after that, the rematch was always there but you've taken money and a huge opportunity away from a young man for your own selfish reasons. That was pretty pathetic imo.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I hated Horn after that, the rematch was always there but you've taken money and a huge opportunity away from a young man for your own selfish reasons. That was pretty pathetic imo.
Life-changing money, world title offer taken away. Zerafa obviously wants an easy win v Mundine but I doubt that generates any revenue anymore so his payday is still 2 fights away if he gets one.

The promise of a world title to Horn was there as well should Zerafa win (and inevitably the rematch as most titles require). Should have been enough, but Horn is a campaigner I guess. I doubt Zerafa would have won, maybe they thought the same but let him get his title fight

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Life-changing money, world title offer taken away. Zerafa obviously wants an easy win v Mundine but I doubt that generates any revenue anymore so his payday is still 2 fights away if he gets one.

The promise of a world title to Horn was there as well should Zerafa win (and inevitably the rematch as most titles require). Should have been enough, but Horn is a campaigner I guess. I doubt Zerafa would have won, maybe they thought the same but let him get his title fight
I'd be guessing Horns camp thought if they beat Zerafa they could argue for a world title shot. Maybe Karma got him but he's basically done now.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd be guessing Horns camp thought if they beat Zerafa they could argue for a world title shot. Maybe Karma got him but he's basically done now.
Think Horns earning potential is done now TBH. Tszyu killed it so yeah in one way or another karma got him. Maybe not enough given it cost Zerafa (probably) his entire career earnings in one fight

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Think Horns earning potential is done now TBH. Tszyu killed it so yeah in one way or another karma got him. Maybe not enough given it cost Zerafa (probably) his entire career earnings in one fight
You'd hope for Zerafa he will eventually get another tsyzu fight opportunity but it's a tough market in Australia now.

Back