List Mgmt. Supplementary Selection Period - 2 spots available

Which player(s) should Richmond give a rookie spot to?

• Derek Eggmolesse-Smith

• Nicholas Couroupis

• Rhyan Mansell

• Joshua Green

• No player selected, save places for the 2021 MSD / 2021 ND

• One player selected and one place saved for 2021 MSD or ND

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Added a poll to the thread

West Adelaide midfielder Nicholas Couroupis, Woodville-West Torrens defender Rhyan Mansell, Canberra utility player Joshua Green and delisted Tiger Derek Eggmolesse-Smith will vie for the available places on Richmond’s playing list.

Couroupis is a hard-nosed, inside midfielder, renowned for his strong defensive work-rate, explosiveness from the contest and good aerial ability. He played reserve-grade football with West Adelaide in season 2020.

Mansell, a speedy, skilful, tough, rebounding defender, played in three consecutive senior premierships with Tasmanian club Launceston, as a 17, 18 and 19-year-old, before joining SANFL club Woodville-West Torrens this year. He had 19 disposals and took eight marks in the Eagles’ 2020 grand final victory over North Adelaide.

Green, the younger brother of rising Greater Western Sydney star midfielder Tom, and grandson of four-time Richmond premiership great, Michael Green, also was a member of the Giants academy, but was overlooked by them in the recent AFL drafts. He is a strongly-built (192cm, 87kg) player, who can be used in a variety of on-field roles, including key positions.

Eggmolesse-Smith played eight senior games for the Tigers in three seasons at the Club. He produced a superb performance across half-back this year in the Round clash with North Melbourne at Metricon Stadium that earned him two Brownlow Medal votes.

AFL clubs can utilise the Supplementary Selection Period, which runs from January 6 to March 9, to select a previously delisted player or overlooked draft hopeful to fill available spots on their rookie list.

If clubs decide not to sign players during this period, they have the option of using a pick (or picks) in the 2021 mid-season draft.

Anyone know how Nigel and croup are going, pretty excited about these two , reckon they’ll be listed

Think I read somewhere that all SSP players aren't allowed to begin training until the 6th of Jan.

Any idea who we are getting to replace Leppa and McRae
Pre season starts in like a week and we haven’t announced anything

Even if we do promote from within we still need two replacements to fill the roles left void from the promotion

Even if we do promote from within we still need two replacements to fill the roles left void from the promotion

Dimma senior coach mcqualter forwards Kingsley mids Clarke defence lonegarn vfl Ferguson aflw and development maric rucks

With the 30% reduction in off field cap I think you’ll find NO ONE , we will shuffle the roles of mcqualter , clarkey and kingsely , with lonnergan starting his apprenticeship 1 yr in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would list Mansell and Couroupis first.
If there is a 3rd spot give it to Green.
Green and Eggmolesse should join Richmond VFL team.
Yep that’s my thoughts too, egg prob stiff however we know he has a few deficiencies in his game that need to be overcome , the others are known unknowns

Not so much for this season but I reckon we should be getting in the ear of Will Sutherland (the cricketer) was a first round talent in his draft year and whilst he has a promising first class career ahead of him it may be hard for him to play test cricket given the hype around Cam Green. Can be signed as a cat B rookie. Low risk for potential high reward.

Not so much for this season but I reckon we should be getting in the ear of Will Sutherland (the cricketer) was a first round talent in his draft year and whilst he has a promising first class career ahead of him it may be hard for him to play test cricket given the hype around Cam Green. Can be signed as a cat B rookie. Low risk for potential high reward.
His father is a Geelong board member, so it is unlikely that he will be going anywhere else if he chooses footy.

If you watched him fall apart with the ball in hand last night and the project him into a big match for the Tigers….let him stick with wrecking Renegades winning chances I think.

If you watched him fall apart with the ball in hand last night and the project him into a big match for the Tigers….let him stick with wrecking Renegades winning chances I think.
Mate he’s a 21 year old kid playing against a world class cricketer.. this isn’t about cricket tho, he can seriously play footy and I reckon he will end up playing somewhere.

Back