Health Depression

Remove this Banner Ad

All these holiday gatherings are great but where are all the single people at, everyone’s a cool good looking couple these days with a house, kids and dog, lol.

I pose the question to other singles, what is it that makes this so. I feel that it’s a mix of being placid and really liking my down time. Maybe it’s inferiority etc..

Definitely feel like being single is uncommon in general these days 25-39 age group.

You feel like you’re missing something others seem to take for granted.

I like being single it’s just that you don’t have many people to relate to.

I’ve had one GF, lol as well, Over ten years ago.
Think I’ll just get a dog and cat and live life as best I can anyway, single or not.
Nah i dont want to be single, no way.

Cant shake this lonliness its really getting to me. And its not just re. A romantic relationship either..

Theoretically its like what is the point of my life. No partner, no kids.. its like im just living to like not upset family. Why get up go to work rinse repeat, footy same old sh*t etc.

I say all that in a philosophical sense. Im not going to commit suicide

Any clubs or community groups nearby?

All these holiday gatherings are great but where are all the single people at, everyone’s a cool good looking couple these days with a house, kids and dog, lol.

I pose the question to other singles, what is it that makes this so. I feel that it’s a mix of being placid and really liking my down time. Maybe it’s inferiority etc..

Definitely feel like being single is uncommon in general these days 25-39 age group.

You feel like you’re missing something others seem to take for granted.

I like being single it’s just that you don’t have many people to relate to.
What question? Where are the single people or why are you single?
Q1 tend to go away/visit family. So if you're looking it can be hard. As in one half goes away then the other and by end of summer momentum is lost.
Q2 Personally rather than one big reason it is probably a combination of smaller ones that have added up.
Who knows the future? I suspect I'll probably stay single as getting old and set and tend to be shy/quieter which makes it harder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not just if you're single. I often think what are we all doing?

wake up
work
bed repeat
etc

Just little phases we go through with that thinking I guess
Yep, except when you're coupled or have kids you just have less time to do what you want to do in between the routine. At least singles can do what they want whenever they want.

The grass is always greener i suppose.

And... just saying- you can dump kids onto grandparents and or close mates and or babysitters should you wish.

Its kinda hard to like "rent a person" to go away with. So yeah harder to negate loneliness than obtain freedom, is what im trying to say??? In general... i am no way trying to say having kids is a walk in the park!! Not at all.

Oh yeah singles can do what they want. I love going on holidays alone.

Actually I've stopped going on holidays- like Gold Coast, etc. For several years now. Just fed up and had enough of it.
no one can go anywhere now anyway lol

Plus theres many places and things Id like to see but my GF is too anxious/worried about going so we dont go.

Once again, grass is greener.

yeah i know Im just saying.

When I was single I went to the movies 50x more than I do now.

also went to Melb for weekends of footy.

Its not Im not allowed to its just now its easy to chill at home and binge shows etc maybe its just getting older/dont wanna spend $$/not interested in as many things and having someone to talk to scratches the itch of mingling

And... just saying- you can dump kids onto grandparents and or close mates and or babysitters should you wish.

Its kinda hard to like "rent a person" to go away with. So yeah harder to negate loneliness than obtain freedom, is what im trying to say??? In general... i am no way trying to say having kids is a walk in the park!! Not at all.
Yeah, for sure. Pros and cons with everything. I was thinking more the day to day routines of kids. School, sports etc. You gotta be on deck all year round.

But I'm with you on the whole "what's the point" thing. Just recently I've been feeling the same. Another footy season comes and goes meh, Aussie open comes around again soon, but really, who cares who wins it. Have travelled enough and CBF with that anymore etc, etc. Just feel like there needs to be more in life, but dont know what it is yet. 🤷

Yeah hard to get excited about any sport really.

A new movie comes out every now n then which is good but thats like max 2-3 days a year.

Thats why its important to enjoy or at least be interested at your work.
100% agree with your work comment, I have my dream job , I love going to work and do what I do and I work with people who love it as well. I’ve told my kids they need to find what they enjoy and do it. If I didn’t have the job I do and the support of my wife because of the issues I’ve had in the last 18 months I don’t think I’d be here to talk to you lot. There would be nothing worse than being depressed and then having to fight through a working day 5 times a week. I realise not everyone can find their dream job and even if you can’t you still need to find a hobby or past time you enjoy do you get a taste of what happiness is again. This is why I paint it also gives me pleasure to see people enjoy my work and a sense of achievement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back