Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

The Who's Who List

Out of Sight - The Untold Story of Adelaide's Gay Hate Murders

The Cases of Forensic Pathologist Colin Manock

Use this thread below to lodge media, maps and photos for quick reference.

Last edited:

I always forget SGW is still out there! And up to his neck in it
Yep. Imagine his clients over the years who had and have no idea who he is. He's a physio so he's pretty hands on - as in touching people. Not only was Dr Stephen George Woodards charged in 2011 on 5 counts of raping an under 17 year old male in 1982, but police investigated him and his then boyfriend Richard Dutton Brown for drug-spike raping young men in the late 70s and early 80s. Credible publications say Dr Stephen Woodards was known as "Dr Steve" and would spike men's drinks in pubs and then "help" them get home because "they'd had too much to drink". South Australian Police have him as one of 3 major outstanding suspects in The Family murders. Two of the five murdered boys were chopped up. There is speculation this was done by someone with medical knowledge. Four main suspects (close friend Bevan von Einem has already been found guilty), and some medically dissected young men. Given he's one of the three main suspects, it doesn't take a mathematician to work out who South Australian police think cut the boys up. Stephen Woodards is a suspected drug-spike rapist, suspected senior member of "The Family", and being involved in some of the most heinous crimes Australia has ever seen.

Last edited:

Thanks Pal, Currently I am trying to dig up pics of these Transvestites.Ive heard them described as "Attractive" and that most men couldnt tell!!!..I guess thats how the boys were lured in..Be interesting to see pics of them..
I remember in about 78/79' going with my boyfriend and some of his friends to some bars in Hindley Street. There was one I remember in particular that you didn't pay to get in, you paid to get out.
Anyway one of our male friends was a very 'pretty' blonde guy, late teens or thereabout. He met this woman at the bar and they drank and danced, then she kissed and groped him, so of course he groped back, not thinking for a minute that this was a male. We all thought it was hilarious, but she was stunning, you would never have picked her as a male. She kept begging our friend to go with her to a house party, but once he realised who she was he refused.
I think he actually got away by the skin of his teeth just in time.
Then every Friday night after we left the clubs we would go further down Hindley to a hot dog shop, still to this day I haven't had a hotdog like that again. But on our first of many Friday nights there we met a group of Transvestites, they were right out there, like something from Pricilla Queen of the Desert, they were loud and proud and we all became a group of sorts.
Every Friday night for months we'd meet them there, we were invited to a few parties but none of us were personally approached with any offers by them. They were wonderful, and a part of my life I don't think i'll forget..
I could never imagine them being a part of anything sinister, but who knows!

Has there ever been an indication that Woodards aspired to be anything other than a physio? I'm thinking along the lines of wanting to be a surgeon but couldn't get in for whatever reason so had to be content with being a physio instead. I was thinking if it was well-known by the inner circle that Woodards was a wannabe surgeon, he was the obvious candidate to ask if you wanted to do a bit of cutting to try and get rid of a body

Has there ever been an indication that Woodards aspired to be anything other than a physio? I'm thinking along the lines of wanting to be a surgeon but couldn't get in for whatever reason so had to be content with being a physio instead. I was thinking if it was well-known by the inner circle that Woodards was a wannabe surgeon, he was the obvious candidate to ask if you wanted to do a bit of cutting to try and get rid of a body
I've always felt that was a strong possibility. He probably chose physio so he could rub dudes up. But may have wanted to be a surgeon and did some experimenting. As part of a Doctorate, I believe you do have to learn about surgery so he potentially had some skills and a text book.

I remember in about 78/79' going with my boyfriend and some of his friends to some bars in Hindley Street. There was one I remember in particular that you didn't pay to get in, you paid to get out.
Anyway one of our male friends was a very 'pretty' blonde guy, late teens or thereabout. He met this woman at the bar and they drank and danced, then she kissed and groped him, so of course he groped back, not thinking for a minute that this was a male. We all thought it was hilarious, but she was stunning, you would never have picked her as a male. She kept begging our friend to go with her to a house party, but once he realised who she was he refused.
I think he actually got away by the skin of his teeth just in time.
Then every Friday night after we left the clubs we would go further down Hindley to a hot dog shop, still to this day I haven't had a hotdog like that again. But on our first of many Friday nights there we met a group of Transvestites, they were right out there, like something from Pricilla Queen of the Desert, they were loud and proud and we all became a group of sorts.
Every Friday night for months we'd meet them there, we were invited to a few parties but none of us were personally approached with any offers by them. They were wonderful, and a part of my life I don't think i'll forget..
I could never imagine them being a part of anything sinister, but who knows!

Wow, great story and no doubt great memories for you.With out question there we would be a lot of good hearted people in those communities.Given how small Adelaide is and was back then, someone must know of Pru And Didi and the other TS in Von Einem circles..I am digging into locating pictures of these people from the previous owners of the Mars Bar etc etc..Maybe a friend of the TS's in those days have pics..I will let all know how my investigations go!!!!

Wow, great story and no doubt great memories for you.With out question there we would be a lot of good hearted people in those communities.Given how small Adelaide is and was back then, someone must know of Pru And Didi and the other TS in Von Einem circles..I am digging into locating pictures of these people from the previous owners of the Mars Bar etc etc..Maybe a friend of the TS's in those days have pics..I will let all know how my investigations go!!!!
Good luck, i'm looking forward to it, I wish I could remember any of their names..

I used to talk with someone who said they saw a picture of one of the girls. It was from a Sydney club or social pages or ad for a TG show or something like that.

I used to talk with someone who said they saw a picture of one of the girls. It was from a Sydney club or social pages or ad for a TG show or something like that.

Exactly..It wont be easy and will require some investigative work.If anybody can locate pics of these "Girls" its easily this forum.This forum is the # 1 place for info on "The family murders".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's too cheeky.
I don't care, but one site comes across as quite reputable and I know they're got info from here but never referenced BF.

Back in the day when I used to post about footy, sometimes I'd find my thread posts in the paper. I'd start a thread with a pretty strong opinion and then a few days later some footy identity has ripped off my idea and made their own story. Same idea, same opinion, new words. I suspect some of these ex-players writing articles shared the same ghost writer who was plaguarising me.

I don't care, but one site comes across as quite reputable and I know they're got info from here but never referenced BF.

Back in the day when I used to post about footy, sometimes I'd find my thread posts in the paper. I'd start a thread with a pretty strong opinion and then a few days later some footy identity has ripped off my idea and made their own story. Same idea, same opinion, new words. I suspect some of these ex-players writing articles shared the same ghost writer who was plaguarising me.

Is there no honor left on the internet..Scallywags they are!!!

Last edited:
Why has BvE never spilled the beans? He's not going to see the "light of day" again so why not try and cut a deal?

Power, control. He has very little of either where he is. This is the one big thing that he knows people want so he won’t give it up. Like Ivan Milat. Plus if he did confess all, they won’t let him out anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back