Rumour Patrick Cripps will go home to WA if Carlton miss the finals in 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder who would in fact be willing to pay him the most.

If we assume Carlton would pay $6 million over six years to keep him, would someone else offer $7 million to poach him?
I'd say we don' need him. I'd rather go for a goalkicker. Having said that, he probably is good enough no team would say no, when they get the opportunity to get him (and can effort him)...

It's dangerous to try and judge what any player will do in the situation, and particularly a players from the Club you support.

But I'd suggest that the only way Bont or Cripps are going anywhere is if their Club does something really horrendous, to them personally. Both have an air of total investment about them.

It's dangerous to try and judge what any player will do in the situation, and particularly a players from the Club you support.

But I'd suggest that the only way Bont or Cripps are going anywhere is if their Club does something really horrendous, to them personally. Both have an air of total investment about them.
What do you think Carlton should pay to keep him?

I will say Cripps looks much more invested in Carlton than Judd ever did at the Eagles.

Different personalities for sure, Cripps looks much more relaxed and professional with the media. Judd was never a fan of the media spotlight. Lead on the field with actions more so than words after games.

I will say Cripps looks much more invested in Carlton than Judd ever did at the Eagles.

Different personalities for sure, Cripps looks much more relaxed and professional with the media. Judd was never a fan of the media spotlight. Lead on the field with actions more so than words after games.

Interesting conclusion, what did Judd ever do that suggested he wasnt invested in the Eagles?

Judd was invested to a degree, but he came across as a reluctant captain and he left. I just see Cripps as being more invested in Carlton looking at how he communicates off field.

He was a reluctant captain thats true, but he did the job in troubled times & played injuried as would any caotain of a defending Premier. No criticism here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was a reluctant captain thats true, but he did the job in troubled times & played injuried as would any caotain of a defending Premier. No criticism here.

Im not criticising Judd btw, just comparing him to Cripps from a media perspective. Some captains are more relaxed, enjoy it more and do more. Cripps has been both proactive and from what I can tell, genuine in his role as captain in the media.

In defense of Judd he was knudged into the hot seat, won a flag and then the wheel's fell off in a big way.

My prediction is that cripps will sign on with Carlton and become a blue for life. What reason is there for him to leave? He gets to Captain a big club with enough off field connections that he is set for life. He will also be one of their highest earners over his career. In terms of finals, Carlton's rebuild will click sooner rather than later, it would be silly to leave just as things are coming good.

Freo could easily get this done.
First round pick plus Luke Ryan gets it done easily .

Cant help thinking P Cripps is a touch over rated..
He is overrated considering how easily tagged out of the game he is (D Clarke in his 1st game mauled him). He has no forward versatility like the stars do (Bont, Danger, Dusty, Fyfe) and Carlton have made him carry that midfield from such a young age and because of that, his body is cooked.

He is overrated considering how easily tagged out of the game he is (D Clarke in his 1st game mauled him). He has no forward versatility like the stars do (Bont, Danger, Dusty, Fyfe) and Carlton have made him carry that midfield from such a young age and because of that, his body is cooked.
No forward versatility... Granted his set shot kicking needs work (just like Danger and Bont) but his marking up forward is quite good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back