The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Got a bit over beer lately. Happens every now and again. Reached for a carton of Boston Tingletop ginger beer for Xmas day instead. Such a great midstrength. Pairs wonderfully with spiced rum, as well, if you want to turn the dial up a notch.
You going to jump on the hard seltzer wagon??
c08a72c7b9d341f9e1ced451ef51d977.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Got a bit over beer lately. Happens every now and again. Reached for a carton of Boston Tingletop ginger beer for Xmas day instead. Such a great midstrength. Pairs wonderfully with spiced rum, as well, if you want to turn the dial up a notch.
Wash your mouth out with soap, having said that the best thing I've drunk this festive season is a bottle of Latta Headwaters Nebbiola .
Unfiltered, unfined and fukn delicous. Bought it blind and one of my happier accidents. $45 well spent.

Wash your mouth out with soap, having said that the best thing I've drunk this festive season is a bottle of Latta Headwaters Nebbiola .
Unfiltered, unfined and fukn delicous. Bought it blind and one of my happier accidents. $45 well spent.
That’s one of my favourite reds. Unbelievable drop. Hard to find!

You going to jump on the hard seltzer wagon??
c08a72c7b9d341f9e1ced451ef51d977.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
My diet over the holidays have been shite so i've been on the seltzers. White claw sucks and there's not too many I enjoy. Good Tides raspberry is pretty nice tho. The idea it self is good but i feel like the hype will die down cause they basically charge craftbeer prices for a product thats around 1 std drink and is basically water.

On boxing day I really wanted to get on as I was bloated af and wanted to drink but just couldn't come around to paying 40 bucks for two 4 packs that won't get me drunk.

My diet over the holidays have been sh*te so i've been on the seltzers. White claw sucks and there's not too many I enjoy. Good Tides raspberry is pretty nice tho. The idea it self is good but i feel like the hype will die down cause they basically charge craftbeer prices for a product thats around 1 std drink and is basically water.

On boxing day I really wanted to get on as I was bloated af and wanted to drink but just couldn't come around to paying 40 bucks for two 4 packs that won't get me drunk.
I only buy them for shotgunning lol so a 4pack is enough to break up the beers

My diet over the holidays have been sh*te so i've been on the seltzers. White claw sucks and there's not too many I enjoy. Good Tides raspberry is pretty nice tho. The idea it self is good but i feel like the hype will die down cause they basically charge craftbeer prices for a product thats around 1 std drink and is basically water.

I'm not a fan at all, mainly because they taste like watered down soft drink. But I will say, Moon Dog do a really decent one (in my limited experience) called Fizzer (I think) and t's around $20 a 6 pack. My missus likes it and it's one of the more affordable ones

I'm not a fan at all, mainly because they taste like watered down soft drink. But I will say, Moon Dog do a really decent one (in my limited experience) called Fizzer (I think) and t's around $20 a 6 pack. My missus likes it and it's one of the more affordable ones
most of them suck TBF yeah. Good Tides the only one i like as it gives you an essence of the flavour (Like the flavoured sparkling water). I honestly wouldn't be drinking the stuff if I hadn't blown out over the last couple months

I'm just hoping it's a spoiled tin because if they think this is a good beer, heaven help them.

Definitely think it's the former. I had their Rye IPL last week and it was quite good, think they may just be ironing out the kinks with their operation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm just hoping it's a spoiled tin because if they think this is a good beer, heaven help them.
I had a pint the other day in a pub that tasted like that. Bridge rd IPA.
I tried to drink it, got through about half of it before coming to the conclusion it was off. Asked the barman if he had tasted it, he said no, I suggested he did so as I was pretty sure it wasn't supposed to taste like that. Just got a blank look,
shitty pub, no need to return.

Geez at $19 a 4 pack that Heaps Normal 0.5% ABV beer would want to be pretty fu**en good.

There's no real savings Ive noticed in no/low alcohol crafties. Even alcohol free gin is about the same as actual gin. It's pretty puzzling.

I'm off the turps so it's sparkling water for me and whatever I can conjure up as a nice booze free social alternative on weekends.

There's no real savings Ive noticed in no/low alcohol crafties. Even alcohol free gin is about the same as actual gin. It's pretty puzzling.

I'm off the turps so it's sparkling water for me and whatever I can conjure up as a nice booze free social alternative on weekends.

I like a fizzy drink with dinner, usually go a sparkling water too, but don't mind the occasional coke or non-alcoholic beer at times when I don't want the booze. Thought I'd check out the Heaps Normal but am really put off by the price. Should just stick with the San Pelligrino!

I like a fizzy drink with dinner, usually go a sparkling water too, but don't mind the occasional coke or non-alcoholic beer at times when I don't want the booze. Thought I'd check out the Heaps Normal but am really put off by the price. Should just stick with the San Pelligrino!

I'm tempted to buy the no/low IPAs like New Age to have a beer without having a beer, but with their price point I doubt I will unless it's a social thing and I don't want to get hammered with questions (not many of my family or mates would pick that example is booze free).

One of the benefits of getting off the sauce is saving some cash and that won't happen if my beer money becomes "beer" money at almost the same value.

I'm tempted to buy the no/low IPAs like New Age to have a beer without having a beer, but with their price point I doubt I will unless it's a social thing and I don't want to get hammered with questions (not many of my family or mates would pick that example is booze free).

One of the benefits of getting off the sauce is saving some cash and that won't happen if my beer money becomes "beer" money at almost the same value.

Ooooh saw that New Age one and just kinda glanced passed it as another one of Dainton's 50 weekly new IPA's. That's not too bad at $15 a 4 pack but yeah like you said wanna shave off some coin it seems kinda pointless.

Ooooh saw that New Age one and just kinda glanced passed it as another one of Dainton's 50 weekly new IPA's. That's not too bad at $15 a 4 pack but yeah like you said wanna shave off some coin it seems kinda pointless.

I reckon I paid significantly more than that without knowing it was low booze until I got home. Wouldn't be surprised if the little bottlo I grabbed it from ordered it in thinking it was a normal IPA, then priced it as such!

I reckon I paid significantly more than that without knowing it was low booze until I got home. Wouldn't be surprised if the little bottlo I grabbed it from ordered it in thinking it was a normal IPA, then priced it as such!

Is it decent?

Is it decent?

It's alright. Most of them struggle for mouth feel. I was annoyed at it or them or me because I wanted to be drinking actual beer. I need to give it another chance now I know it's not, with some fresh perspective. I'd say it's no worse than Throwback IPA, which is probably a decent pump up as it's got much less alcohol in it.

first week of jan and every ones going dry it seems bahaha

* that, in my experience cutting things out altogether can cause a massive binge further down the track. I prefer just a reduction, don't wanna go too far the other way!

Where are you fellas buying these non alc beers? I shop at mane pretty regularly and both of those are way cheaper than what you’ve stated above. Bought a 4 pack of each over Xmas and pretty sure I paid $14 a 4 pack for heaps normals and $13 for the new age

on a side note, I’m a big sour beer fan and they’ve got a passionfruit non alcoholic sour which is outrageously good. But like you boys said, expeno

Remove this Banner Ad

Back