Discussion 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Jason Misfud is well known now for jumping at shadows.

I like him but he has some serious issues with putting his foot in it.

Just another instance of it.

Hes so far off the mark on stack its not funny. The guy not only breached very strict quarantine laws thats seen people go to jail but he also decided to punch on with a bunch of people in Northbridge. Oh and his excuse about a family argument was absolute bullshit too. He decided he wanted to go clubbing!

Also would be nice if misfud would acknowledge one of the reasons why WA has had much harsher quarantine laws. Theyre trying to protect extremely vulnerable indigineous communities especially those in very remote locations with very poor services.

But I guess misfud would rather look out for Stack than consider how those communities could be impacted by stacks behaviour.
This is why I take issue with others being quick to judge

Hes so far off the mark on stack its not funny. The guy not only breached very strict quarantine laws thats seen people go to jail but he also decided to punch on with a bunch of people in Northbridge. Oh and his excuse about a family argument was absolute bullshit too. He decided he wanted to go clubbing!

Also would be nice if misfud would acknowledge one of the reasons why WA has had much harsher quarantine laws. Theyre trying to protect extremely vulnerable indigineous communities especially those in very remote locations with very poor services.

But I guess misfud would rather look out for Stack than consider how those communities could be impacted by stacks behaviour.
well said

So back to Mifsuds actual point (rather than the creative interpretations of other people) - do you think the appropriate response to juveniles making juvenile decisions is to jail them or is it that the pointless, antiquated, unimaginative and unnecessarily punitive thinking that Mifsud is highlighting.

PS "But I guess misfud would rather look out for Stack than consider how those communities could be impacted by stacks behaviour."

Jeez - talk about making a quantum leap!!!

Last time I looked tweets were 280 character or less - how many subjects do want people to cover in a tweet!!!

So back to Mifsuds actual point (rather than the creative interpretations of other people) - do you think the appropriate response to juveniles making juvenile decisions is to jail them or is it that the pointless, antiquated, unimaginative and unnecessarily punitive thinking that Mifsud is highlighting.

PS "But I guess misfud would rather look out for Stack than consider how those communities could be impacted by stacks behaviour."

Jeez - talk about making a quantum leap!!!

Last time I looked tweets were 280 character or less - how many subjects do want people to cover in a tweet!!!
Firstly, Stack is no longer a juvenile, he's a fully grown adult responsible for his own actions. Secondly the fact that Mifsud is so concerned with their treatment of Stack and so willing to ignore the potential risks of Stack's actions say all that need to be said about what he values. We're allowed to draw reasonable inferences about what Mifsud thinks based on his statements. He doesn't need to write a thesis on it.

Firstly, Stack is no longer a juvenile, he's a fully grown adult responsible for his own actions. Secondly the fact that Mifsud is so concerned with their treatment of Stack and so willing to ignore the potential risks of Stack's actions say all that need to be said about what he values. We're allowed to draw reasonable inferences about what Mifsud thinks based on his statements. He doesn't need to write a thesis on it.
If you are gonna respond at least respond to the question that has been asked - don't make it into something it isn't.

As to "We're allowed to draw reasonable inferences about what Mifsud thinks based on his statements. He doesn't need to write a thesis on it." What a crock of s***.

Its clear he has to write a thesis otherwise people are off making their "reasonable inferences" about unrelated issues based on god knows what!!!

Just to clarify it for me - can tell me on exactly how you have drawn these reasonable inferences about the real meaning of what Mifsud tweeted?

Do you personally know Mifsud?

Have you ever met him/worked with him?

Do you follow him on Twitter?

Anything? Or did you just respond without thinking?

Because if you actually had a think about it, you'd realise how offensive your's and St Cic's comments are because what you are implying is that Mifsud doesn't actually care about aboriginals when the truth is that he has dedicated most of his working life to improving their place in society.

Apparently because someone doesn't categorically state something then we are not allowed to draw conclusions from it. Crazy stuff. Don't have to be a genius to work out what Mifsud was insinuating.

Anyone in for some preseason training?
edaf58d84f67f0c7d961b7876d950c5e.jpg

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone in for some preseason training?
edaf58d84f67f0c7d961b7876d950c5e.jpg

I worked with a German guy once who had decided to go to some Ashram in India so drove his 2CV Citroen there back in the 90s. He had some incredible photos. It's amazing how many people he didn't know fed him and housed him in places you imagine are pretty hostile. I'd love to do a bit of an adventure trip. One of my cousins did a trek in Kamchatka in Russia, they drop you with a pack and a flare gun to scare bears and you walk your way for weeks across pristine wilderness on your own. I think I'd probably go insane but it would be a pretty intense and interesting.

I worked with a German guy once who had decided to go to some Ashram in India so drove his 2CV Citroen there back in the 90s. He had some incredible photos. It's amazing how many people he didn't know fed him and housed him in places you imagine are pretty hostile. I'd love to do a bit of an adventure trip. One of my cousins did a trek in Kamchatka in Russia, they drop you with a pack and a flare gun to scare bears and you walk your way for weeks across pristine wilderness on your own. I think I'd probably go insane but it would be a pretty intense and interesting.

Wow , that’s amazing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be serious for a sec, doubt you would get through those countries without contracting covid.

You can go off track for most of it, most instances are simply due to distance there's a lot of layover, as say if you're walking it, it'll take about 2 years, few months in driving and that's a lot of layovers in random locations where you might not be in sight of civilisation, as say, you might be at the top of a mountain at 2 am and needing to camp.

For mine, given "history" of the area, I'd be more concerned with getting mugged and killed by unsavoury sorts than catching covid on that trip.

For those who want to join the crazy.

For those who want to join the crazy.

Who's the photo of?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back