News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

2JAN21: The Replacements, 18 Wishes
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Kicking off the New Year with a new thread. Kennedy Parker I have no clue how to do that whizz bang media sticky thing you did on last years thread - can you help an old girl out? In the meantime....Go Bloods!:sydney:

Last edited:
Ticky009

May need swansfan51 GotTheGoodes scaryness to keep this post updated throughout the year. The news thread moves very quickly.

Not sure if this is just me but this post is always flagged as "new".
I had a similar problem when the player profiles were added to each player's thread.
Thanks

I had a similar problem when the player profiles were added to each player's thread.
Thanks
As in your always have 'unread' posts in threads where posts are stickied? I'm not sure that's supposed to happen, maybe have a ask in the suggestions and feedbacks subforum at the bottom of the forum list about it.

Thanks
Same happened to me. I click the "Mark Forums Read" button to sort it out

I never read tis type of poo unless it's someone i respect. Great player , but the sports media has to make up content everyday.
it was poo (nice adjective) Grand Uncle summed it up perfectly - 'not the sharpest tool'
but I reckon the Swans are (realistically) a 50/50 chance of playing finals this year. I even put my first bet (on any sports) on .. 5:1 - good odds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Swans fans. I hope it's ok I post in here.

In our latest podcast my mate and I do, we continue our 2020 club reviews, discussing Sydney this time.

From the 3.04min mark, we talk about the year the Swans had.
Give it a listen if you have a spare 15mins & wanting to consume some external opinions on your club while you patiently wait for 2021 to kick-off.

Footy Focus Podcast Ep 30 - 2021 – Club Reviews – Sydney Swans & West Coast Eagles
Recorded on the 6th January 2021

- What worked, what failed, who deserves a pay rise & who needs a big 2021
- Plus, key list changes, our best 22, grade for 2020 & 2021 projection

SYDNEY @ 3.04
- Competitive all season, particularly towards back end
- Youth feature in top 10 of B&F & Buddy or bust up forward
- Rowbottom & Mills impress while question marks hang over Reid & Hewett
- Can Sinclair stand up as no.1 ruck?
- Can McCartin & Melican cement key back spots?
- Do all of McDonald, Campbell & Gulden play in Round 1?

Hard to disagree with that. Dawson's kicking is sublime
This is why I want Dawson across half back along with a young Campbell. They are my preferred distributors rather than Lloyd. Lloyd is a solid senior player however I think it's time to have a more explosive exit option from defence. Lloyd remains in the backline for his leadership and lockdown ability. And for those that say play them on the wing or half-forward, it's easier to give them the ball across the backline.

An interesting article around marriage break ups of coaches where the author claims that the Victorian teams had it harder for longer than all the "interstate teams". Correct me if I'm wrong but GWS and ourselves were away for the same amount of time as the Victorian teams.

We were in Sydney for pretty much the first half of the season.

This is still a fair bit longer than the Vic Crew.

An interesting article around marriage break ups of coaches where the author claims that the Victorian teams had it harder for longer than all the "interstate teams". Correct me if I'm wrong but GWS and ourselves were away for the same amount of time as the Victorian teams.
Melb families wouldn't be used to the travel so much. Swans are away every second week, Melbourne based clubs only have to worry about it 5 times a year? I travel more than that for my job!

Melb families wouldn't be used to the travel so much. Swans are away every second week, Melbourne based clubs only have to worry about it 5 times a year? I travel more than that for my job!
I think that's what's thrown me, is that we had the Melbourne home game turned into an eagles game in QLD plus the travel to Melbourne and Adelaide in the first few rounds.

This is why I want Dawson across half back along with a young Campbell. They are my preferred distributors rather than Lloyd. Lloyd is a solid senior player however I think it's time to have a more explosive exit option from defence. Lloyd remains in the backline for his leadership and lockdown ability. And for those that say play them on the wing or half-forward, it's easier to give them the ball across the backline.
A couple of things I find difficult to agree with. Start at the back.
Lloyd is not and never will be a lockdown defender. He also doesn't lead in the backline. Rampe does that and when he was injured Mills and Fox stood in. He performs roles the coaches want and does them well hence winning the Skilton twice.
Not saying he shouldn't do something else, just not what you recommend.
Campbell will probable debut this year but I will be very surprised if it's in the backline. His junior footy was midfield and high half forward. HHF is my guess for his debut but who knows?
Dawson is probably our most effective versatile player at HBF, Wing, HFF or even midfield (where he dominated in the NEAFL). So I sure can't say you're wrong to want him at HBF. I don't believe he's training in that group. I personally like basing him on the wing so he can go back and make an extra defender, go forward and make an extra attacker or deliver bullets to the 50m mark. Check out his kick to McInerney which features in both their highlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back