Discussion 2021 General AFL Discussion

Youre killing me here, pluggs

Read the Scandals thread on the main forum and take everything written there with a hefty pinch of salt.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
For those who want to join the crazy.

Jesus Christ

KingsRansom

Club Legend
Aug 23, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Jesus Christ
HUN confirming story is partially true

Screenshot_20210104-144613_Samsung Internet.jpg

unnamed-21.gif

KingsRansom

Club Legend
Aug 23, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Puts the tigers in a very bad position if she is ever needed to be moved on or if the relationship breaks down. Poor management in my view.

Yes love is love, but surely you have to keep private and business separate...

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
His leave was finalized pretty quickly after the Grand Final.

Anyway, Hardwick did nothing wrong. His marriage failed and he's found someone else. They're all adults.

How dare they? Even if the new relationship caused the other one to fail, it's private. Just like Lethlean's private issues.

snails13

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
So a good mate of mine ,Dean Solomon who is a very talented assistant Coach gets the boot from GC, supposedly due to the AFL Club cuts in all departments,and 2 months later the Sun's recruit a sacked coach who couldn't finish his first full season in charge.
Makes sense ?

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda

Anyway, Hardwick did nothing wrong. His marriage failed and he's found someone else. They're all adults.
Similar to Lethlean. There can always be issues when someone who is in a position hooks up with a young staffer. Questions will always be asked - whether it is fair or not.

How dare they? Even if the new relationship caused the other one to fail, it's private. Just like Lethlean's private issues.

i tend to agree with this. unless he was misuing company $$$ or doing something dodgy to facilitate the relationship i don't see why it should warrant any action.

obviously, if he was harassing the lady in question it would be a different matter.

plenty of people meet their future partners in the work place.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
So a good mate of mine ,Dean Solomon who is a very talented assistant Coach gets the boot from GC, supposedly due to the AFL Club cuts in all departments,and 2 months later the Sun's recruit a sacked coach who couldn't finish his first full season in charge.
Makes sense ?
Wouldn't be shocked if the AFL have Shaw receiving some of those Gold Coast Ambassador payments outside of their soft cap.

Makes sense ?

Money.

Depends on contractual obligations and if any toes were stepped on departmental wise if there was any "wrongdoing" involved, but part of being a media personality even if it is part of the AFL is that sometimes, the media will comment on things in relation to you. Can't just take the good bits from the job, sometimes you make s**t decisions and then see you naked in public.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Makes sense ?
Completely different roles.

Makes sense ?
Pretty poorly handled how GC got rid of their assistants at the end of the season

Solomon would be a good get for us

Back