NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Gardens R7 - Vegas Gangster $5
Been waiting for the extra distance as it hits 450M pretty hard, so should run out 515M very strongly. Is a tad sluggish out the box, but empty box inside helps. Should be a lot shorter in this field.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sentenced. Remember the name.
This dog is going to be very special. Encourage all lurkers to add to the blackbook and follow with interest.
Watch tonights R8 Albion Park replay to see what im talking about. 1 of the most unbelievable runs over 520M i've seen.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
R9 Maitland - Smokey Bacon (2) $2.35
Another dog from the blackbook, not lightning quick out the box, but it can really get going. Should be far too good for this field.
Expect it to get smashed in betting to <$2.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
R3 Mandurah - Sunset Wildfire $2.60
Out of the best Dam in WA right now, this dog's record isn't flash hot but its better than it suggests. Has had to contend with lots of inside draws, but he's a wide swooping dog. 4 starts from wide boxes for 4 places. Won't get many easier races than this. Should be winning this race.

Sep 2, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How much sway do you guys put in a dog's pedigree? Are there certain generalisations you can make like 'son of Fernando Bale more like to have good early speed' or else some other litter might have good endurance? Or is it just such a slight factor because all the other stars need to align for the dog to end up good?

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
How much sway do you guys put in a dog's pedigree? Are there certain generalisations you can make like 'son of Fernando Bale more like to have good early speed' or else some other litter might have good endurance? Or is it just such a slight factor because all the other stars need to align for the dog to end up good?
Well sometimes The first couple of dogs in a Dam reveal what kind of potential un raced littermates are going to have. It doesn’t always happen but more often than not if the first dog that races out of a dam is a star. Littermates will be above average.

If you look at the Dam in WA with Sunset Spitfire, Sunset Toxic & Sunset Wildfire it gives you a good example of this. All dogs are guns. Spitfire one of the fastest 520 runners in the country already

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
To answer your question, definitely put stock into the pedigree. But it’s not the be all end all. At the end of the day, dogs that haven’t raced or trialed are unknown even if out of the best dam.
Stay away from maiden races and races with lots of first starters, just don’t bet on them unless it’s for a laugh.
For me something like this:
50% early speed
35 % box manners
15% pedigree

Although pedigree is only more of a factor in the dogs first handful of races

Sep 2, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
To answer your question, definitely put stock into the pedigree. But it’s not the be all end all. At the end of the day, dogs that haven’t raced or trialed are unknown even if out of the best dam.
Stay away from maiden races and races with lots of first starters, just don’t bet on them unless it’s for a laugh.
For me something like this:
50% early speed
35 % box manners
15% pedigree

Although pedigree is only more of a factor in the dogs first handful of races

Great thanks for the info! I guess it makes sense that once you've got a decent bit of exposed form then that's some actual data to go off and it should be more important than pedigree. And then the stuff like box manners should be more learned behaviour than genetic, right?

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
got a stack of blackbookers running tonight.
I like Bust or Boom the most R8 Mandurah $4.25 on SB
cant believe this opened at $5.50. Has been racing pretty consistently, reliable at the box, has a great T/D record, yet to miss a placing from Box 1. Should hold the rail and lead all the way. the 6 is definitely the biggest danger as the market suggests but i dont think it can cross Bust or Boom early.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
R4 Maitland - Smokey Bacon $3.50
This dog has won me lots of money recently. Rise in distance suits. Quick beginner who can hold the rail. Will take stopping.
Cheeky tip, race is at 7:22pm so get on the Ladbrokes 7-8 30% odds boost for the best value

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
R4 Maitland - Smokey Bacon $3.50
This dog has won me lots of money recently. Rise in distance suits. Quick beginner who can hold the rail. Will take stopping.
Cheeky tip, race is at 7:22pm so get on the Ladbrokes 7-8 30% odds boost for the best value
You seem to take the dogs pretty seriously?
Do you keep P&L on it?

I'm skeptical anyone can profit from this but I'd happily be wrong if people are. Just seems far, far too random with them bumping each other and what not...

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Do you keep P&L on it?

I'm skeptical anyone can profit from this but I'd happily be wrong if people are. Just seems far, far too random with them bumping each other and what not...

I love my doggy style. Sometimes I put some small bets on for a laugh if I’m bored, if I just stuck to bets I did form on it would probably be one of the most profitable sports for me. If you only followed my bets here with equal stakes im confident you would be ahead.
Next year I’ll start a P/L. Honestly Greyhounds have a bad rep. But I genuinely think they are the most profitable form of racing. There are less variables to consider, no weights, no gear changes (generally) and no untrustworthy short people riding them.
Watch a lot of video replays to get a gauge on a race. Favourite T/D is Cannington 520M. Maybe I should just narrow the focus to that. Just stick to higher grade races where dogs jump more reliably.
Of course there is that 20% of races where it gets messy but you get that variance in any sport.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
R2 Addington Ripstorm $2

Strong dog over 520M, won 3 in a row... doesn’t look like the highest quality race either. Should make it look easy.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
R3 Maitland
Vegas Gangster $2.40
Will appreciate the rise in distance. Meets a weak field. Will cross it out of the BB if it loses

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Do you keep P&L on it?

Dogs generally easiest/most genuine/least randomness but limits by bookies make it very hard to make long term as you have to graduate to Betfair very quickly if your any good. Which then Increases difficulty 3 fold when taking sharper prices. Anyone betting well on the dogs with bookies will be marked very quickly. From what I’ve heard a lot of greyhound punters end up on thoroughbreds

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
R9 Albion Park - Frieda Las Vegas $5

not so sure the favourite should be $1.50. Frieda Las Vegas has potential to be the best long distance dishlicker in the country. Only it’s 3rd start over 710M, but it has a serious engine.Empty box to its inside suits, will give a good sight at the odds

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
R9 Albion Park - Frieda Las Vegas $5

not so sure the favourite should be $1.50. Frieda Las Vegas has potential to be the best long distance dishlicker in the country. Only it’s 3rd start over 710M, but it has a serious engine.Empty box to its inside suits, will give a good sight at the odds

should have won by 2 lengths. Replay does not make good viewing. You can usually avoid such bad luck in 710m races with small fields.. not here though.. did jump at $2.70..

keep following, I think 650M is the perfect distance for this dog. Can beat anybody over that.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
R5 Mandy
Buster the Brute $11 W $2.20 place

really quality race. Maybe the best over 405 all racing. Think Buster has some value. T/D record - 13 starts for 6 wins, 4 seconds & 1 third. Mostly raced over FFA company. Reliable beginner who can explode out the box

tough race but I think he should be about $4-5 rather than $11.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
tomorrow R9 Mandy - Dodgem Marley $3.20

Really like this bet. going reasonably hard on it. Been watching this dog closely recently, its only got 1 win from 14 starts, but its come 2nd 7 times... and ive watched most of the replays its genuinely had some tough luck in its races. Its come 2nd 3 races in a row from box 5. Much better draw here, it has the early speed to sit on the rail which is crucial over these 405 races. I expect it to jump odds on. GL if you tail

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Albion park is looking juicy tomorrow. My 3 favourite dogs are racing 1 after the other, R3,R4 & R5

scottishdiction

Bloody Good Rep
Jan 14, 2021
Equidistant between London and Reading
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Falkirk
3 leg dish multi
R3 Albion park Sentenced into
R4 Albion Tommy Shelby into
R5 Angle park Zipping Sullivan
$2.75

All aboard
these were just all favourites?

did they come through anyway?

been loving the sportsbet same race multi on the dogs. those earlier races on a Monday or sumat can do you pretty well. always back in an Enzo Crudeli too.

Back