Non-Lions discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

X AE A12

universalmagnetic
Jun 13, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Happy to see Rhyce Shaw get a gig with Gold Coast as a development coach this year. Article on afl website

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Happy to see Rhyce Shaw get a gig with Gold Coast as a development coach this year. Article on afl website
Little bit of angst on Twitter over the appointment, as GC let go of two highly regarded development coaches last season “due to Covid cuts”, only to now appoint someone new to the role.

X AE A12

universalmagnetic
Jun 13, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Little bit of angst on Twitter over the appointment, as GC let go of two highly regarded development coaches last season “due to Covid cuts”, only to now appoint someone new to the role.
Didn't know that, pretty understandable. Good for him anyway

Quigley

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2006
Bangalla
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Probably another ‘AFL’ appointment.

I would suggest that is likely to be the case. Also probably a situation where the AFL are likely paying him anyway given the nature of his resignation from North and it might actually not be costing them anything. That is the wage might just offset the disability payment the AFL would be paying anyway.

FWIW I think it is an excellent get for the GC. Shaw is a good relationship builder and should do well in a development role without a huge amount of pressure.

I would suggest that is likely to be the case. Also probably a situation where the AFL are likely paying him anyway given the nature of his resignation from North and it might actually not be costing them anything. That is the wage might just offset the disability payment the AFL would be paying anyway.

FWIW I think it is an excellent get for the GC. Shaw is a good relationship builder and should do well in a development role without a huge amount of pressure.
Looks to me likes he's a good fit with Dew as well who, despite appearances, doesn't come across as a "cuddly" type of coach.

My thoughts exactly!

royboys4eva

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2006
Melbourne - once Darwin.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hardwick in a relationship with younger Richmond staff member. All kinds of rumours flying around as you can imagine. One being that she is pregnant. Mrs Hardwick and daughters spent Christmas Day with the Cotchins.

X AE A12

universalmagnetic
Jun 13, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Another year and another case of the AFL just keep on giving to the Gold Coast. :rolleyes:
Good for Rhyce though, is my point, left the north role in lousy circumstances when people have been really tested, especially you guys in Vic, and clearly him. how the afl are managing the paying of so many north coaches might have some influence although i don't care to attempt to guess the machinations if any. If they lost so much of their development team I don't really see it as them being gifted by the afl

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
The AFL gave us Noble and Fagan, so this is hardly anything for a Lions supporter to complain about.
On the back of countless concessions that we didn't come close to or the NT region, plus being able to pre-list players without bidding etc., not to mention Mark Evans or Jon Haines etc etc...yep, they were pretty similar concessions afforded to the Lions. :rolleyes:

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
On the back of countless concessions that we didn't come close to or the NT region, plus being able to pre-list players without bidding etc., not to mention Mark Evans or Jon Haines etc etc...yep, they were pretty similar concessions afforded to the Lions. :rolleyes:
Obviously we weren’t as big a basket case.

Also, has has been mentioned before, we also were given Swann by the AFL.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

We've turned the corner in under four years. From wooden spoon to finals, to a preliminary final.

I'd say we've been handed sufficient assistance.

Time will tell if the Suns have.

If the word around the footy industry is accurate, I’m not sure Jon Haines has been a gift anybody would want to get. Without even knowing how well Danny Daly will do, I’d still take him every day over Haines.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Afl rumours suggesting announcement soon HARDWICK to stands down n Leppa going back with Voss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back