NFL 2020 NFL - Week 17 (The final nail for AmericanCrow)

Remove this Banner Ad

GG.exe ....last week vs the Raiders but a good breakdown @ 3:42. Two recievers wide the * open on third down and Tua tucks it and runs, horrendous qb play. Scared to throw. Gun shy pussy. That's as easy as it gets on third and long in the nfl.

Last edited:
Eagles getting absolutely flamed on twitter and the like after that today. Saw a vid of Hurts mouthing 'It's not right' or something. I honestly liked how Al and Chris called out that bullshit. Do a better job of hiding it lol.

GG.exe ....last week vs the Raiders but a good breakdown @ 3:42. Two recievers wide the fu** open on third down and Tua tucks it and runs, horrendous qb play. Scared to throw. Gun shy pussy. That's as easy as it gets on third and long in the nfl.

I know, i know, been seeing it all year, but hes progressively gotten worse at that, its like hes regressing in his rookie year

Shows how ordinary Washington is that a 4-11-1 team had to "tank" for them to beat them by less than a TD

Shows how ordinary Phili are that they were still losing to said team when Hurts came out ;)

What about us???
Last time the Bills made the Playoffs Tom Brady was about to play his final game as a Patriot
LicoriceAllsorts was still posting here.
Bill Obrien was the Texans HC and had yet to trade away Hopkins

Last time the Bills won a playoff game
The Superbowl was going to be played at Sun Devil Stadium, the home of Arizona State football. Where Dallas would win their last Superbowl
Don Shula would coach his final NFL game in a loss to the Bills
Brett Farve won his first of 3 consecutive MVP awards. was the passing leader with 4413yds and 38TDs
FOX was finishing up their first season of covering the NFL. CBS had just lost the rights and wouldnt broadcast the NFL again till 1998
Patrick Mahomes was 15weeks old
The OJ Simpson trial ended 3 months ago.
3rd Rock from the sun would premiere in 10 days
Keyshawn Johnson would win the Rose Bowl MVP in 2 days. and be the #1 overall pick in the draft in a few months.
The Baltimore Ravens were 6 weeks away from being established as a NFL Team
Peyton Manning had just finished his sophomore season at Tennessee
Tom Brady was a redshirt freshman and back up to current MNF commentator Brian Griese at Michigan and yet to throw a pass.
Carolina Panthers and Jacksonville Jags had just completed their first seasons in the NFL
The Raiders had moved back to Oakland that season
Mike Shanahan was the first year HC of the Broncos, Tony Dungy will be named the Bucs HC in the coming weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the hate on the Eagles but not Steelers for resting everyone?
Resting players for a playoff game when you are likely playing for nothing is acceptable because of the physicality of the game and only 1 bye per season.

Same with KC and often it's backfired resting week 17 for teams with a bye.

A coach actively trying to lose isn't. If a player quit on his team down with 1 quarter left they would cop everything.

I don't know how you can look the players in they eye and ask them to give that little more after doing this. He had a chance to win and chose to make a move to prevent that. The defense was still trying. Hell the o was still trying but he threw in a 3rd string QB to hinder them.
Its been a bad season for the eagles and the players all still have too much pride to just lose. Think about what JJ Watt said lastweek. Or even last season Snacks Harrison breaking down in the Lions locker room after week 16 because he felt he had a failure of a season. Players don't want to lose and don't give a s**t about the team getting a better draft pick because some of them will never play again and others will never play for the franchise again.

I don't care what team it is, or the giants storyline. If they giants feel that this kept them out of the playoffs, tough s**t win more games.

Last time the Bills made the Playoffs Tom Brady was about to play his final game as a Patriot
LicoriceAllsorts was still posting here.
Bill Obrien was the Texans HC and had yet to trade away Hopkins

Last time the Bills won a playoff game
The Superbowl was going to be played at Sun Devil Stadium, the home of Arizona State football. Where Dallas would win their last Superbowl
Don Shula would coach his final NFL game in a loss to the Bills
Brett Farve won his first of 3 consecutive MVP awards. was the passing leader with 4413yds and 38TDs
FOX was finishing up their first season of covering the NFL. CBS had just lost the rights and wouldnt broadcast the NFL again till 1998
Patrick Mahomes was 15weeks old
The OJ Simpson trial ended 3 months ago.
3rd Rock from the sun would premiere in 10 days
Keyshawn Johnson would win the Rose Bowl MVP in 2 days. and be the #1 overall pick in the draft in a few months.
The Baltimore Ravens were 6 weeks away from being established as a NFL Team
Peyton Manning had just finished his sophomore season at Tennessee
Tom Brady was a redshirt freshman and back up to current MNF commentator Brian Griese at Michigan and yet to throw a pass.
Carolina Panthers and Jacksonville Jags had just completed their first seasons in the NFL
The Raiders had moved back to Oakland that season
Mike Shanahan was the first year HC of the Broncos, Tony Dungy will be named the Bucs HC in the coming weeks.
And 11 year old Adam Gase was a rubbish head coach.
My how times have changed...

Resting players for a playoff game when you are likely playing for nothing is acceptable because of the physicality of the game and only 1 bye per season.

Same with KC and often it's backfired resting week 17 for teams with a bye.

A coach actively trying to lose isn't. If a player quit on his team down with 1 quarter left they would cop everything.

I don't know how you can look the players in they eye and ask them to give that little more after doing this. He had a chance to win and chose to make a move to prevent that. The defense was still trying. Hell the o was still trying but he threw in a 3rd string QB to hinder them.
Its been a bad season for the eagles and the players all still have too much pride to just lose. Think about what JJ Watt said lastweek. Or even last season Snacks Harrison breaking down in the Lions locker room after week 16 because he felt he had a failure of a season. Players don't want to lose and don't give a sh*t about the team getting a better draft pick because some of them will never play again and others will never play for the franchise again.

I don't care what team it is, or the giants storyline. If they giants feel that this kept them out of the playoffs, tough sh*t win more games.

Fair enough regarding playoffs vs no, but I think it's being driven by the fact it impacted a NY team (as opposed to a small-market team).

No, a HC actively openly tanked on prime time TV.
Yep and really I could understand for no 1 pick if a player was a stand out but this was for a few picks difference 6 and 9 whatever it was. So blatant it’s embarrassing and maybe pissed off a few players

Yep and really I could understand for no 1 pick if a player was a stand out but this was for a few picks difference 6 and 9 whatever it was. So blatant it’s embarrassing and maybe pissed off a few players
Like AD said, the coach cant ever look the players in the eyes and demand %100, preach about winning, etc. Lockerroom will be divided. Lurie might not fire Pederson, but hes almost now a dead man walking in 2021 if after the first six weeks theyre like 2-4

No, a HC actively openly tanked on prime time TV.

This sums it up for me. :arrowup::arrowup::arrowup:

The total lack of subtlety in the way in which the tank was implemented, sucked balls.

Not a good look for the character of Philly or Doug.

Even worse look for the integrity of the game.
Roger and all at NFL House should be very pissed at that putrid showing, that was a sad indictment on the game and the spirit in which the game should be played.

The suspicious mind might even question: Just who had coin on the winner of the game and who would make the playoffs.

I think the rest of the league and the league office are going to be more pissed.

The a 3 point game with 2 mins left in the 3rd Q and going passing up the short FG i think most can understand at the time. but with how the game played out. did Doug call a play on the 4th down he knew would fail?

I know the word was that the eagles were going to keep him, but how can you keep him after that.

There are only 32 people in the world lucky enough to be a NFL head coach, and this one has so little regard for the position he tried to lose. Most coaches that have been fired or will be in the next few hours tried to win every week, but were not good enough or had bad rosters often a combination of both.

If next year the eagles are out of playoff contention if you are a player on the roster how can you be sure Doug wont be making moves and calling plays to fail again?

Tanking has become a blight in american sport in recent years. Coaches or managers even openly admitting it. Such, that the NBA and NHL have had to introduce draft lotteries. Its a really bad look for the leagues, the orgs, and can quickly lead to lost revenue etc. Tanking is not a guarantee of future success, many teams in the four major sports have done nothing, or caused fracturing internally.

Its starting to get a little too prevalent in the NFL. Including masses of fanbases cheering for it. Wouldn't be surprised if off-season owners meeting they discuss draft lottery or some other scheme to curtail it.

Tanking has become a blight in american sport in recent years. Coaches or managers even openly admitting it. Such, that the NBA and NHL have had to introduce draft lotteries. Its a really bad look for the leagues, the orgs, and can quickly lead to lost revenue etc. Tanking is not a guarantee of future success, many teams in the four major sports have done nothing, or caused fracturing internally.

Its starting to get a little too prevalent in the NFL. Including masses of fanbases cheering for it. Wouldn't be surprised if off-season owners meeting they discuss draft lottery or some other scheme to curtail it.

All fair points.
Why was this the choice for SNF though?
Could have had heaps of better choices eg. Packers v Bears, Rams v Cards etc. where both teams had more to play for?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back