worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
That Toyota Prado ad from two years ago is back on. There is a man in a forest who finds his long-unwashed Prado. He drives into town and gets a shave (shear) along the way and picks up a suit, a car wash and a haircut so he can attend a wedding. I am confused about what the ad means at the end when the man arrives at the wedding. Is he the groom or the civil servant? Also, what does he wipe off the car before he walks to the ceremony? Don't tell me it's bird poop.

All of them pretty much. Esp the wanky ones that turn a fast song like ACDC into ooooh a *ing cool hip slow version/rollsfkn eyes

The ONLY ad i like i can think of is the Amazon ballet dancer one.

How these ******* dumb marketing campaigners get paid top dollar to churn out the rest of this absolute s**t ill never know.

:)

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
I suppose in the Toyota ad the man could simply be a guest at the wedding. But if he is some kind of Grizzly Adams living in a forest how did he receive an invite? Did he receive a text? How does he earn money to pay for a mobile, or to buy a suit and maintain a Prado? If he is the groom, what woman would let him spend months in the wilderness and then agree to marry him at his convenience? What is he doing in the forest? How many people would have been gullible enough to buy a Prado because of this ad?

I suppose in the Toyota ad the man could simply be a guest at the wedding. But if he is some kind of Grizzly Adams living in a forest how did he receive an invite? Did he receive a text? How does he earn money to pay for a mobile, or to buy a suit and maintain a Prado? If he is the groom, what woman would let him spend months in the wilderness and then agree to marry him at his convenience? What is he doing in the forest? How many people would have been gullible enough to buy a Prado because of this ad?
I thought he was the father of the bride. Doesn’t she run forward and say, Dad, we’ve been waiting for you? Or is that a different ad?

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
You may be overthinking this ;)

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
The meat ad in the cricket which is shown ad nasuem....I won't mention the brand name but I will never buy thier products anymore

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
The Shaver Shop ad for some fancy beard trimmer with the craft beer drinking flogs speaking about their beards.

'Lithium ion power in a trimmer, that's insane'

Nasal seppo accent is so grating. Also it's a battery powered shaver m8. Lithium ion batteries are less powerful than just plugging something into 240V mains power. It's not like you are trimming your beard with a chainsaw you wannabe lumberjack bellend.

And the ******* ad came on as I was typing this! Insane.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Stupid Macca's ad with people agreeing to meet there, using stores as a reference for directions etc.

'If you are facing north turn right at the one on the left'
'You serious?'
*time passes*
'Man that was so hectic'

Yeah how ******* hard is it to drive to a beach in 2021. As if any millennial with a s**t moustache is going to phone someone to ask for directions anyway.

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Stupid Macca's ad with people agreeing to meet there, using stores as a reference for directions etc.

'If you are facing north turn right at the one on the left'
'You serious?'
*time passes*
'Man that was so hectic'

Yeah how ******* hard is it to drive to a beach in 2021. As if any millennial with a sh*t moustache is going to phone someone to ask for directions anyway.
haha i thought that too.

Oh that was so hectic driving to a public beach.

more realistic wouldve been "Had to ******* park miles away and walk... what a joke!"

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
This one has been around for months and months and it's just getting more and more frequent

"It's not not tea. It's hard tea. who are you blah blah blah"

SHUT THE * UP YOU UNFUNNY MOLE

Not an ad, but the voice announcer on channel nine has been shitting me for years. Overdramatizes everything. Does my ******* head in. Every ******* week.
Not to be missed episode. The story of the yearrrrr!!!!!!
If there is only one story you watch this year, this is it!!!!!!
Hold on, wasn’t that last ******* week?
The latest one- 60 Minutes COMES ROARING BACK!!
What? With the same old s**t journalism as every other year?
JUST SHUT THE * UP!!!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back