Competition Australian Basketball Association 2021 - Signup Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

One more signup will unlock Black, Gold Coast and Cassowaries as an option 😉

All animals???

Interesting.

Trying to force some drawing for the logos 😉. Also they are a lot more well defined in terms of helping people along with concept development.

I had Meteors and Aliens in there initially, but I felt all animals helped to level the playing field a bit as well.

Can't say I've ever drawn a pangolin before

Pangolin has some of the coolest logo potential of the list thus far.

I'd like a 12th to avoid uneven numbers, so if you're thinking of signing up, get on it!

The hopes and dreams of franchises and prospects are just days away from the draft. Many will probably be thinking this right now;

Hopeful draft prediction:

High draft number, able to select top prospects for the perfect team.

Likely draft reality:

Low draft number, panic about what is left on the board and having to create from scraps.

giphy.gif

The hopes and dreams of franchises and prospects are just days away from the draft. Many will probably be thinking this right now;

Likely draft reality:

Low draft number, panic about what is left on the board and having to create from scraps.

giphy.gif
Basically everyone's. Hope who ever's last likes the pangolin coloured pink and purple

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see someone taking a colour early. But if it was an animal, I wouldn't put it past the shoebills

We will have to see, but I can see some real strategy being used in this draft to make sure people get the things they believe are the most important to their plans. I don’t see just one category being utilised in round 1.

I already have 3 separate draft orders (with at least 8 ordered picks in each section) depending on the result of my first round pick, and am prepared to do more if needed. Though after the top 4 or 5 of my first selection category I think I am going to struggle with ideas, so here’s hoping for a high draft order position.

If we pick a regional location, do we have the license to use a specific town from the region in the team name rather than the region itself?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Likely draft reality:

giphy.gif
I'm still debating with myself what area to pick first. I guess if I pick the moniker first, I can at least get it to work with whatever colours are available.
But on the other hand, I could just go with a really good colour scheme first and then find a moniker that will suit that scheme.

Certainly an interesting dilemma to have, haven't had to think in this sort of way in the lead up to a competition before.

Really excited with how this will turn out.

We will have to see, but I can see some real strategy being used in this draft to make sure people get the things they believe are the most important to their plans. I don’t see just one category being utilised in round 1.

I already have 3 separate draft orders (with at least 8 ordered picks in each section) depending on the result of my first round pick, and am prepared to do more if needed. Though after the top 4 or 5 of my first selection category I think I am going to struggle with ideas, so here’s hoping for a high draft order position.
Your experienced I'm not. I've got three drafts in which I hope I can pull something all following a different trajectory. Good thing is that all are opposites from eachother. I'll probably get screwed and end having the pink and green Darwin Pangolins just due to my inexperience.

El_Scorcho, when will the draft order be finalised and revealed?
Also will the draft order snake?

If we pick a regional location, do we have the license to use a specific town from the region in the team name rather than the region itself?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Your team name can be basically anything you want. So Regional NSW could be Central Coast, Woolongong, Orange, whatever really.

Both Melbourne South/East and Melbourne North/West could be called "Melbourne", or people can use suburbs within that. As long as your club name fits within the location it's in, i'm fine with it. If you're unsure, feel free to ask.

Your experienced I'm not. I've got three drafts in which I hope I can pull something all following a different trajectory. Good thing is that all are opposites from eachother. I'll probably get screwed and end having the pink and green Darwin Pangolins just due to my inexperience.

El_Scorcho, when will the draft order be finalised and revealed?
Also will the draft order snake?

I'll have the order up at some point in the next few hours along with the draft rules, with the draft commencing at 9.00am ACDT the following day, Wednesday the 6th. I considered snaking it but i've decided against it. So you'll all have 24 hours to plan a bit of strategy.

I'll have the order up at some point in the next few hours along with the draft rules, with the draft commencing at 9.00am ACDT the following day, Wednesday the 6th. I considered snaking it but i've decided against it. So you'll all have 24 hours to plan a bit of strategy.

Will trades be allowed to improve draft positions or strategically maneuver to get specific prospects either early or late in the draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back