Betting websites

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Possibly doesn't come under betting websites, but this is one that will save/make you money if you look into it, with much greater impact than just getting an extra few cents on the odds between sites or an extra point on the line.

I've been using Bettingmetrics which tracks bets, ROI, win rate, and a whole bunch of other stats. Heaps of filters by sport, bet type, odd range.

Anyway, I always felt AFL was my most knowledgeable sport, but the data shows I'm down over the course of the season with a negative ROI.
Alternatively, on Rugby League I am +9.01% ROI, horse racing even greater ROI.

Now in a lot of cases punting is just a bit of fun, but if you are looking to become more intelligent with your betting and make a little coin, this sort of analysis is great. Surprising too.

thanks for sharing, might check this out. I put it all on an excel spreadsheet, doesn't take me too long to do all the maths but its always nice to have something that does the work for you haha.
This bettingmetrics free?

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
someones been telling me to buy shares in pointsbet, something big is happening apparently
Their business model is very good.
They offer what appear to be awesome promo's but in reality are actually not that good and then when they hook you they offer extremely tight odds. As ive said before I believe they have the best statisticians working for them, the only ones that know what they are really doing imo.

dustysnecktattoo

Club Legend
May 15, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Their business model is very good.
They offer what appear to be awesome promo's but in reality are actually not that good and then when they hook you they offer extremely tight odds. As ive said before I believe they have the best statisticians working for them, the only ones that know what they are really doing imo.

friend didn't say anything other than it's the word, so i don't know whats happening for it to be a thing to buy pointsbet shares, i do love some hype though

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
friend didn't say anything other than it's the word, so i don't know whats happening for it to be a thing to buy pointsbet shares, i do love some hype though

Pointsbet have tripled their share price since March. There's plenty going for them but the ongoing price increase isn't nearly as likely as you'd think.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
thanks for sharing, might check this out. I put it all on an excel spreadsheet, doesn't take me too long to do all the maths but its always nice to have something that does the work for you haha.
This bettingmetrics free?
There's a free and a pro version. I paid for the pro version, have already made my money back with what I've learnt and adjustments I've made, but there is a free version too just with less features.

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Patriots, Golden State, Wildcats
It's just a shame I think the punters in Australia don't have the option of opening account with overseas betting agencies. There were a few good ones that I used before they put the restrictions. (eg Matchbook, Skybet, Pinnacle Sports). The Australian government want the the Aussie money to stay in Australia, not go overseas.

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Any thoughts on viability of a few of the smaller corporates over the next few months?

Carnage for Pointsbet obvious on ASX, strain will only greaten when money becomes tight on withdrawals etc.

Surprisingly they have done well on the ASX. Gone from around $1.40 a share to $7.45 in the past couple of months. I have an account with them but dont use them that much.

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
Beteasy have now limited me to $0 bets for my preferred betting category. Absolute rort they can take money from problem gamblers but won't take bets from people who actually win.

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
37F52629-3C84-48BF-9EC9-458D36F4D9BA.png

anyone betting with these guys?

looks like one of the better offers out there.

Feb 18, 2008
Nowra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
View attachment 1035700

anyone betting with these guys?

looks like one of the better offers out there.
I am promo banned now but they had the same offer through spring in Melb / Syd and it was pretty solid. They scrape their odds from TS so unlike BetDeluxe and Sportsbetting their odds on the promo markets are OK

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Still think a betting exchange is better than Pinnacle personally.

I used pinnacle for tennis only so can't speak for other sports but they were miles better than Betfair for tennis. You'd battle to get $50 on a tennis match on early at Betfair and with the time zones you'd need to chuck a bet on at night for say American matches early the next morning Aus time. Take out the betfair commission and the pinnacle odds were better as well.

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
This was the email I got from Pinnacle in relation to the closure of my Pinnacle (New Zealand account):

"
Dear Client,

Thank you for contacting us,

We sincerely apologise for the delay in answering your query

Unfortunately your account with us is permanently closed.

We regret to inform you, but as part of Pinnacle ongoing review of country specific legal compliance, we do not accept clients from the following country: New Zealand.

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
Customer Service Department"

are there any good 3rd brokers around to use Pinnacle?

noahroast

Draftee
Jan 8, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Mine was 50% first deposit matched up to 2K with bonus bets. 1 x turnover on deposit and no turnover on BB winnings. So what was said above was certainly correct for me and I have found them good to deal with.

Maybe they have changed their rules or maybe you work for a competitor, no idea but I have found them OK. That said haven't used them for a week or two

BETDELUXE: This is no longer true in Dec 2020.

Be aware that:

1. Bonus bet earned or given is only valid for 5 days.
2. If you bet with bonus bet, you are limited to $500 winnings at one time. Goodbye to punting on underdogs. (This wasn't stated in the T&Cs)
3. Winnings needs to be turned over at 1.80 odds, yet their odds are not the best.

Promo seems good though insincere.

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
has robwaterhouse racing promos dried up for everyone else?

used to be my fav bookie - but now they are only offering the ‘lay of the day’ rather then $50/$100 money back

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
BETDELUXE: This is no longer true in Dec 2020.

Be aware that:

1. Bonus bet earned or given is only valid for 5 days.
2. If you bet with bonus bet, you are limited to $500 winnings at one time. Goodbye to punting on underdogs. (This wasn't stated in the T&Cs)
3. Winnings needs to be turned over at 1.80 odds, yet their odds are not the best.

Promo seems good though insincere.

I thought it was illegal now to make you turnover your BB winnings.

Aug 7, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I thought it was illegal now to make you turnover your BB winnings.
It is. If you read their T&C’s it’s ‘asked’ that you turnover winnings at $1.8 or higher. Failure to do so results in a loss of promos.

Seems a bit on the dodgy side to me, but better than others like Rob Waterhouse who still have on their website that BB winnings have to be turned over twice at $1.5+ on racing only. That crap ended years ago.

Back