Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t mate, would over populate the Carlton only thread about the Bombers on there board.

I’d suggest it’s the height of sadness celebrating another clubs misfortunes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Plenty of your mob have laid the boots in over the years, including you. So no need to be all righteous.

Now back to Dodo. I like him, he stays 👍

And Melbourne will roughly be in the same bracket - anywhere between 6th and 12th - the difference being Melbourne are carrying a more developed squad. I think they’re still a bit toothless up front, and I don’t rate Goodwin as a coach, but they’d still be a decent shot for the finals. They’ve also got a decent number of star players if they can get the balance right and find some more avenues to goal, and Ben Brown is a nice addition from this POV.

I’m not sure who’s making premature calls though? We are in a group of 12-14 teams who could realistically make the finals, but the expectation is that we make the 8 given our glacial list build. Failing that Teague probably goes and Cripps (and others) may want to consider playing elsewhere. It’s not a stretch to anticipate a jump though given the players we’ve brought in to compliment the list we’ve built.
I'm not talking about Melbourne next year because their list is just too good not to make it (surely!). I'm talking about Melbourne the last two years. They had the talent, but talent doesn't equate to establishing a winning culture. You know who else hasn't established a winning culture? Carlton.
If you read the thread properly, you'll see plenty of premature calls. Again, you have talent, but nothing to be arrogant about.
And why would Teague go if you don't make the 8? Being in the finals mix is an expectation, but there are plenty of sides ahead.

Richmond, Geelong, West Coast, Collingwood, Port, Brisbane, St Kilda, GWS, Bulldogs and Melbourne are more talented and more advanced than Carlton. That's already 10 teams. 10-12 is a fair placement for Carlton. He'd only be in trouble if Carlton go considerably backwards, but I doubt that.

I'm not talking about Melbourne next year because their list is just too good not to make it (surely!). I'm talking about Melbourne the last two years. They had the talent, but talent doesn't equate to establishing a winning culture. You know who else hasn't established a winning culture? Carlton.
If you read the thread properly, you'll see plenty of premature calls. Again, you have talent, but nothing to be arrogant about.
And why would Teague go if you don't make the 8? Being in the finals mix is an expectation, but there are plenty of sides ahead.

Richmond, Geelong, West Coast, Collingwood, Port, Brisbane, St Kilda, GWS, Bulldogs and Melbourne are more talented and more advanced than Carlton. That's already 10 teams. 10-12 is a fair placement for Carlton. He'd only be in trouble if Carlton go considerably backwards, but I doubt that.
Yet we beat 3 out of those teams and lost to port after the siren. Just goes to show, footy is a wonderful game. And we are better off for having Dodo still running your list. Again, he is great!

Can’t mate, would over populate the Carlton only thread about the Bombers on there board.

Have I ever told you before, you are a wonderful poster?

You’d think so with the amount of Carlton posters commenting on Essendon.

Why, honestly would that surprise you? How many cups have you got? How many have we got? Really? You are not the sharpest tool in the shed are you.

Yet we beat 3 out of those teams and lost to port after the siren. Just goes to show, footy is a wonderful game.
Ah right. I guess Carlton were worse than Adelaide and Hawthorn because you lost to them right?

And we are better off for having Dodo still running your list. Again, he is great!
Ok whatever helps you sleep at night. Seems like you guys care about Essendon more than me, which is strange. It's an obsession at this point.

Anyway, I'll leave you guys to continue your celebrations.

Who’s cocky? Just believe we are heading in the right direction, finally. Long way to go but we are in a good spot at this stage
Me. Me Soap. I’m cocky. Why hold back? Essendon is still in the middle of a nightmare period of mediocrity. They’ve got nothing. So desperate are they for a headline they decide to declare their pick 8 in an average draft ‘better than Harris Andrews’. Poor kid. He’s a defender. At least he will see an enormous amount of the football. They have nothing. No key position players. No pace out of the backline (thanks for Saad btw). No contested ball winners. They also have no potential. Nothing coming up.

And why? Simply Adrian Dodoro. He’s achieved absolutely nothing in 20 years. And they stand by him. At least the Blues took a good hard look at themselves 5 years ago. Turned the list on its head. Dodo has kept the Bombers half pregnant. Neither going all out (a la Cats) for a flag...followed by a rebuild. Nor trading out players over multiple years to get early picks to rebuild (a la SOS). He has had no strategy at all....except saving his job. Finding a marketing line to spin so he can stay around another year.

He just does enough every year to spin some bullshit story to their Board. They are teased with ‘nearly’ news. Swept up with the drug of hope. I can see Dodo getting on a roll. “Look this kid is better than Harris Andrews.” “Now we have Shiel everything will change.” The Board clearly fall for it year after year.

The key off field roles at each club are the conditioning person, the list mgt/recruiter and the coach. If the list fails to deliver due to regular injuries - the conditioning guy gets the bullet. Any other reason? The coach and or/ the recruiter have to go.

Somehow or other Dodo escapes it ever being his fault.

I wonder only this: what WOULD have to happen for him to get sacked?

I know.....when he runs out of marketing lines. That’s it. Then he will be done. I should actually feel for their fans. There’s no sign of it changing. Their new President just did a comprehensive review and.....didn’t change Dodo. I reckon a cursory (as opposed to comprehensive) review would reveal: (a) we’ve done nothing and (b) we have no chance of doing anything either...because (c) we have a s**t lost so therefore (d) Dodo you’re out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me. Me Soap. I’m cocky. Why hold back? Essendon is still in the middle of a nightmare period of mediocrity. They’ve got nothing. So desperate are they for a headline they decide to declare their pick 8 in an average draft ‘better than Harris Andrews’. Poor kid. He’s a defender. At least he will see an enormous amount of the football. They have nothing. No key position players. No pace out of the backline (thanks for Saad btw). No contested ball winners. They also have no potential. Nothing coming up.

And why? Simply Adrian Dodoro. He’s achieved absolutely nothing in 20 years. And they stand by him. At least the Blues took a good hard look at themselves 5 years ago. Turned the list on its head. Dodo has kept the Bombers half pregnant. Neither going all out (a la Cats) for a flag...followed by a rebuild. Nor trading out players over multiple years to get early picks to rebuild (a la SOS). He has had no strategy at all....except saving his job. Finding a marketing line to spin so he can stay around another year.

He just does enough every year to spin some bullshit story to their Board. They are teased with ‘nearly’ news. Swept up with the drug of hope. I can see Dodo getting on a roll. “Look this kid is better than Harris Andrews.” “Now we have Shiel everything will change.” The Board clearly fall for it year after year.

The key off field roles at each club are the conditioning person, the list mgt/recruiter and the coach. If the list fails to deliver due to regular injuries - the conditioning guy gets the bullet. Any other reason? The coach and or/ the recruiter have to go.

Somehow or other Dodo escapes it ever being his fault.

I wonder only this: what WOULD have to happen for him to get sacked?

I know.....when he runs out of marketing lines. That’s it. Then he will be done. I should actually feel for their fans. There’s no sign of it changing. Their new President just did a comprehensive review and.....didn’t change Dodo. I reckon a cursory (as opposed to comprehensive) review would reveal: (a) we’ve done nothing and (b) we have no chance of doing anything either...because (c) we have a sh*t lost so therefore (d) Dodo you’re out.
This...
Poty..

So Brave mate . Just do whatever it takes to hammer your misdirected point home.

But we did win a final from 9th ..
Yep, not doubting that. Do the crime do the time. Anyway, back to you cocky campaigners who have not been a contender since the 90s. Even the Saints have been a bigger contender and north. So just cool your jets.

Yep, not doubting that. Do the crime do the time. Anyway, back to you cocky campaigners who have not been a contender since the 90s. Even the Saints have been a bigger contender and north. So just cool your jets.
Yep, Saints are so much a contender they did this ...
1609881283892.jpeg

7 wins...
Lol. Cmon. To make finals, you'd need to win at least 5 more than that with a percentage of above 100.
If you win 8, 9, 9 and 10 in the next 4 years, that's natural progression. Would you be happy with that? Clearly not.
I'd wait for that to happen first before going off.

"Ready to lead" ok. All I see is "this could happen and that could happen and this player could be like this if fit". Exactly the same arguments you can use for Essendon the last 3 years.

It's all moot until you actually do it. You can feel internally confident, but externally, it looks like more of the same. A bunch of high picks that aren't making finals, which is what the previous Carlton team was. Actually no, they were making finals for 3 years. "It's different because it looks like it" isn't a great argument.

Brisbane, who were at the bottom at the same time as Carlton are already contending despite having a lot of talent walk out the door. Until Carlton follow Brisbane, I'd be more reserved.

Oh and bolded is just laughable. Past 50 years. Yeah sure we can smell what the blues are cooking. Miss me with that BS.

Well you can say Melbourne are inconsistent as well, but what's the truth there? You'd want Teague to fix that up very soon or it could be a slippery slope from there. Success is built on a winning culture. Carlton certainly don't have a winning culture yet. Wait until they build it.

Carlton have a talented group of players sure. I'm not denying that. All I'm saying is that you'd want to wait and see the results before making premature calls.
Then you don’t get my point.

Why, honestly would that surprise you? How many cups have you got? How many have we got? Really? You are not the sharpest tool in the shed are you.
That’s just not it!
It’s a combination of the Saad saga and the fact the Carlton are the only club that have been shitter than Essendon this century...and now you finally have what you think is light at the end of the tunnel you all feel safe bashing Essendon.

Last edited:
That’s just not it!
It’s a combination of the Saad saga and the fact the Carlton are the only club that have been shitter than Essendon this century...and now you finally have what you think is light at the end of the tunnel you all feel safe bashing Essendon.
How good is Saad going to look in Navy Blue 🙌

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back