Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
If Ring rust is real then Poirier should smoke Connor but I suspect it's crap.

Honestly I see this one going the distance. Maybe Connor just? Depends how is cardio stacks up these days.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Poirer is very hittable. Gets hit 30+ times a round, all well and good taking some shots from Hooker but if Conor lands he will drop him again. I got Conor in the first 3 rounds

Re streaming: * the ufc. At least 9 PPV a year are pretty s**t. Of course people arent paying $600 a year in ppv fees. Put a better product together if you want premium pay. No one minds paying for a mcgregor card but Nunes/tattoo chick and some DWTNCS alumni on main card? LOL

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Poirer is very hittable. Gets hit 30+ times a round, all well and good taking some shots from Hooker but if Conor lands he will drop him again. I got Conor in the first 3 rounds

Re streaming: fu** the ufc. At least 9 PPV a year are pretty sh*t. Of course people arent paying $600 a year in ppv fees. Put a better product together if you want premium pay. No one minds paying for a mcgregor card but Nunes/tattoo chick and some DWTNCS alumni on main card? LOL

Don't forget he also took hits from Gaethje as well and finished him.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I wouldn't say far superior at all. Connor hasn't fought anyone in his division really for 5 years apart from Khabib.
He's still the best pure striker in the division.

Maybe his speed has slowed slightly with time off but until we see it it's just speculation. He took out Cowboy quicker and easier than anyone, his performance v Khabib wasn't that bad. No worse than Poirer or Gaethje so it isn't like he's fallen off a cliff

I hope we see the Conor that fought Alvarez, whether we do, we'll have to wait and see. Haven't heard anything about his training tbh

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He's still the best pure striker in the division.

Maybe his speed has slowed slightly with time off but until we see it it's just speculation. He took out Cowboy quicker and easier than anyone, his performance v Khabib wasn't that bad. No worse than Poirer or Gaethje so it isn't like he's fallen off a cliff

I hope we see the Conor that fought Alvarez, whether we do, we'll have to wait and see. Haven't heard anything about his training tbh

Is he though? He's never fought Gaethje, he hasn't fought this Poirier and he didn't so any damage to Khabib ( not that anyone does)
Hasn't fought Hooker or Chandler. In fact hes never really fought anyone at 155. The cowboy fight he was 170 and above.

He has 2 career fights at 155, we aren't really sure where he fits at this division.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is he though? He's never fought Gaethje, he hasn't fought this Poirier and he didn't so any damage to Khabib ( not that anyone does)
Hasn't fought Hooker or Chandler. In fact hes never really fought anyone at 155. The cowboy fight he was 170 and above.

He has 2 career fights at 155, we aren't really sure where he fits at this division.
All his fights at 170 were 155 for all intents and purposes. They just didn't cut weight

His cardio will always be his downfall it seems but I think he drops Gaethje (recovery and surviving into the later rounds may change this fight however) and runs through Hooker. Chandler doesn't move his head enough, Conor smokes him too IMO

I agree it's been a lean run by him avoiding contenders but his skills are better than those mentioned. We'll see in a couple of weeks if he still has it

This was a stupid fight to make though. if he wins people who don't like him say "so what, he's already beaten him. Beat someone new" and if he loses "see he's a fraud". Can't win. Ferg/Olives/Gaethje were the fights to make IMO

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Poirer seems to have a better chin at 155 and Conor will almost certainly land.

Roddy put it well, it’s about how Dustin reacts when he gets hit, if he can drag it out then he might be a shot. I remember the Holloway fight he was more the early starter though as Max clawed it back.

I suspect McGregor will finish it early.

McGregor is too dynamic in rounds 1 & 2 for Poirier to keep this fight on the feet.

He'll have circle away from McGregor's left or go for take downs/clinch on the fence.

You allow McGregor to get comfortable and he'll implement what he wants to do.

Been deleted, what did it say?
funny meme

something on the lines of -

Khabib is the eagle....

we know you're gonna to stream....

but...

hqdefault.jpg

McGregor is too dynamic in rounds 1 & 2 for Poirier to keep this fight on the feet.

He'll have circle away from McGregor's left or go for take downs/clinch on the fence.

You allow McGregor to get comfortable and he'll implement what he wants to do.
It ill be interesting to see how McGregor goes without the crowds and massive build up.

Most fighters have been mentally broken before the fights with him and get picked off early.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
It ill be interesting to see how McGregor goes without the crowds and massive build up.

Most fighters have been mentally broken before the fights with him and get picked off early.
Exactly, it's been weirdly quiet for a McGregor fight, maybe this really is a new McGregor. Doesn't wanna be the s**t talker anymore wants earn back his fighting respect.
Crazy it's 2 weeks from now and if you're a casual you wouldn't even know it.

Exactly, it's been weirdly quiet for a McGregor fight, maybe this really is a new McGregor. Doesn't wanna be the sh*t talker anymore wants earn back his fighting respect.
Crazy it's 2 weeks from now and if you're a casual you wouldn't even know it.
yeah normally there would have ben a media tour and 3 or 4 full press conferences

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Fight island fights going to be at Etihad Arena with a ‘limited’ amount of fans.

Going to be very interesting, I’ve been of the view the sport really loses a yard without the atmosphere. All do I guess, just our sports still have some fans.

Back