Opinion Crows Team of the Decade

BronCrow

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
If you were to pick your Crows team of the decade from 2011 to 2020, who would be in it...

Our 2017 team played our best brand of football, so they make up most of the team.

B: Brown, Rutten, Doedee
HB: Smith, Talia, Laird
C: Sloane, Dangerfield, van Berlo
HF: Lynch, Walker (c), Douglas
F: Betts, Jenkins, Porplyzia
R: Jacobs, Thompson, B Crouch
I: Otten, M Crouch, Milera, Cameron

I didn't consider those who only played a couple of seasons.

Usually someone obvious that gets missed...
VB the only omission for mine. Douglas onto the wing, Cameron on to the half forward flank, Vince on to the bench. Three seasons from Bernie is long enough for me. The others all pick themselves.

A true decade of disappointment. So I've made my team accordingly

B Shaw - L. Thompson - Doughty
HB Reilly - Hartigan - Mackay
C Henderson - Grigg - Atkins
HF Wright - Jenkins - Knight
F Callinan - Johnston - Petrenko
R McKernan - Gibbs - Van Berlo

I Ellis-Yolmen - Martin - Kerridge - Kelly

These players played well over ONE THOUSAND games of AFL for us in the decade. 1382 games to be precise. So the average player from this side played 63 games!

We had 4928 games to give, and these guys got 28 percent of those games
The only thing missing from this epic team is to make Mackay the captain. :drunk:

If you were to pick your Crows team of the decade from 2011 to 2020, who would be in it...

Our 2017 team played our best brand of football, so they make up most of the team.

I wonder just how many of those players would be considered elite by AFL standards, ie the best of the best?

I have the count at 3. Walker before 2018 would be right up there as a possibility, that horrible ACL IMO ruined his path towards greatness.

His 2012 Finals Series was something for the ages. Brilliant effort to almost get us into a GF.

I wonder just how many of those players would be considered elite by AFL standards, ie the best of the best?

I have the count at 3. Walker before 2018 would be right up there as a possibility, that horrible ACL IMO ruined his path towards greatness.

His 2012 Finals Series was something for the ages. Brilliant effort to almost get us into a GF.
Interesting question.

10 All Australians in the side.

Who would you say makes the Hall of Fame in the future? Probably only Dangerfield & Betts.

Walker crueled by the knee injury.

Interesting question.

Who would you say makes the Hall of Fame in the future? Probably only Dangerfield & Betts.

Agree with Danger and Betts. Deadset locks IMO.

Cameron the other small remote possibility of Hall of Fame. Not based on his performances so far but has the capacity in the next 4-5 years.

He definitely has taken his game to another level at the Lions, but would need to continue elevating his performance to be given a chance of being a Hall of Fame. Probably would need to take the Lions to a GF and win it. along with a Norm Smith?

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America

Would like to see Vince and Tippet in there but not sure how. Maybe Tip for Otten, but Otten a better club man.

Lever for Doedee based on output, but Doedee should be a future captain (already acted) and has started well.

The rest spot on.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Interesting question.

Thommo a smokey for HoF. 300 AFL games.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Pretty depressing really.
It is.

The fact that only two of the players are locks for Hall of Fame and the rest are extremely unlikely speaks volumes.

I would also add that Danger's addition to Hall of Fame is more based on his performance post Crows too. Thats also depressing.

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
It is.

The fact that only two of the players are locks for Hall of Fame and the rest are extremely unlikely speaks volumes.

I would also add that Danger's addition to Hall of Fame is more based on his performance post Crows too. Thats also depressing.
And post his career, despite playing his best footy with us, Eddie will be considered a Carlton player.

And post his career, despite playing his best footy with us, Eddie will be considered a Carlton player.

In his speech for the Hall of Fame, he will regret his time in Adelaide, when ironically it was the Crows that made him into the elite player he was.

Doubt it.

Eddie will be remembered for playing his best consistent football at the Crows.

Doubt it. Vic media will control the narrative and he’ll be forever blue.
You spend top much time worrying about the media.

Most of thr football know Betts played his best footy at the Crows.

Who gives a s**t what the likes of McClure say.

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
You spend top much time worrying about the media.

Most of thr football know Betts played his best footy at the Crows.

Who gives a sh*t what the likes of McClure say.
The only time we’ll see him in the future is through the media. Won’t be at a crows function. I’m sure he’ll be at Carlton functions though. Which will be reported in the media.

The only time we’ll see him in the future is through the media. Won’t be at a crows function. I’m sure he’ll be at Carlton functions though. Which will be reported in the media.
Who cares.

It doesn't change what he did on the field!

Who cares.

It doesn't change what he did on the field!

At his peak, he certainly did kick some rather unbelievable goals consistently too.

Anyone can jag an unbelievable goal, but Betts proved he could do it on a regular basis.

At his peak, he certainly did kick some rather unbelievable goals consistently too.

Anyone can jag an unbelievable goal, but Betts proved he could do it on a regular basis.
Won 3 goals of the year.

Given Crows supporters some of the most memorable magical moments over the last decade.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

Thommo close, but inside accumulators don't tend to be considered elite, no matter how good they are at it. The likes of Williams and Mitchell brought elite vision and disposal, which Thommo didn't. But over about a decade, Thommo was probably the best going around of his type.

Back