Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I am still struggling with the passing of my pet Cat Ruby aome 6 weeks ago(still cry almost every day over her, we were blessed to have her for 19 human years) and I get pissed off when well meaning friends and family members tell me to get a new cat/kitten to help ease the pain.

I have been drinking a lot more and living somehat really unhealthy since i lost Rubes (which perhaps explains why I have been posting a bit like a w***er her of late)

I would do anything to make this pain and depression stop.

Just in a real bad place right now (emotionally) and honestly it's only my sports team I am potty about like Leeds, Melbourne City and The Boston Celtics that are keeping me going.

I am really sorry to hear that mate. Our dogs and/or cats are a huge part of our lives, so when you lose one or one is really sick, you can feel helpless to do anything. You know the story with my dog, it was touch and go that we might have lost him that I couldn’t function throughout the day but he has really improved lately to the point where he is back to normal.

I lost one of my dogs 6 years ago and there isn’t a single day that I won’t think about him. As you said the people telling you to buy another cat are well meaning but a lot of them wouldn’t know just how hard that is. We love our pets so much (well, they are family members) that it isn’t as easy as just buying another one. When the time comes, I don’t think I would buy another dog and I have lived with them in the house for 20 years.

What woman would want me the troll right? At least her family supports Everton too

Just keep her away from your BigFooty account. That would work in your favour.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I am really sorry to hear that mate. Our dogs and/or cats are a huge part of our lives, so when you lose one or one is really sick, you can feel helpless to do anything. You know the story with my dog, it was touch and go that we might have lost him that I couldn’t function throughout the day but he has really improved lately to the point where he is back to normal.

I lost one of my dogs 6 years ago and there isn’t a single day that I won’t think about him. As you said the people telling you to buy another cat are well meaning but a lot of them wouldn’t know just how hard that is. We love our pets so much (well, they are family members) that it isn’t as easy as just buying another one. When the time comes, I don’t think I would buy another dog and I have lived with them in the house for 20 years.

Just keep her away from your BigFooty account. That would work in your favour.

Thanks for the kind words mate.
Very happy to hear your Dog has recovered and doing well:)

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Thanks for the kind words mate.
Very happy to hear your Dog has recovered and doing well:)

Of course mate! :)

Thanks man! Last blood test his platelets were up over 800 from literally 0 and the animal hospital nurse literally giving him his last rites. That was 2 weeks ago and he has his next appointment this Friday. In this time it looks like he has become himself even more. Really happy how it’s all gone.

I am still struggling with the passing of my pet Cat Ruby aome 6 weeks ago(still cry almost every day over her, we were blessed to have her for 19 human years) and I get pissed off when well meaning friends and family members tell me to get a new cat/kitten to help ease the pain.

I have been drinking a lot more and living somehat really unhealthy since i lost Rubes (which perhaps explains why I have been posting a bit like a w***er her of late)

I would do anything to make this pain and depression stop.

Just in a real bad place right now (emotionally) and honestly it's only my sports team I am potty about like Leeds, Melbourne City and The Boston Celtics that are keeping me going.
Really sorry to hear that. Pets are more than just pets, they're part of the family, and I still think about my dog that I lost nearly 5 years ago. I've always found that being busy to keep your mind occupied is the best way to cope prolonged sadness. In addition to sleep and exercise, taking up hobbies is great. Find something you're interested in and see if you can turn that into some sort of hobby. All the best, and hopefully you can pull through.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Really sorry to hear that. Pets are more than just pets, they're part of the family, and I still think about my dog that I lost nearly 5 years ago. I've always found that being busy to keep your mind occupied is the best way to cope prolonged sadness. In addition to sleep and exercise, taking up hobbies is great. Find something you're interested in and see if you can turn that into some sort of hobby. All the best, and hopefully you can pull through.

Cheers Tubbs.

My Nintendo Switch I got for Christmas is helping, and I am really getting into audio books and now libraries are open again, been frequently visiting my local one..

I should get more exercise, but the weather lately in Melbourne has been either too hot or cold lol.

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
Cheers Tubbs.

My Nintendo Switch I got for Christmas is helping, and I am really getting into audio books and now libraries are open again, been frequently visiting my local one..

I should get more exercise, but the weather lately in Melbourne has been either too hot or cold lol.
Meditation is actually really good too.

Even just try to workout in your house. Do some body weight stuff like pushups etc

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC

Even just try to workout in your house. Do some body weight stuff like pushups etc
Yeah and doesn't matter what your fitness levels are like there's some good YouTube hiit home workouts out there thanks to lockdowns

I also really got into yoga during the March/April lockdown Elmer_Judd. Plenty of dedicated YouTube channels that will help you along the way.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Yeah and doesn't matter what your fitness levels are like there's some good YouTube hiit home workouts out there thanks to lockdowns

Optus Sport has a pretty good fitness section.

Kompany

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah, I also think any type of workout will benefit you. Get some resistance bands to help you work out at home, go for walks regularly, try to get into meditating and yoga... Combine this with a good sleep hygiene and a healthy diet, and you'll give yourself a boost in dealing with feelings of depression.

During the holidays, I ate a lot, drank quite a bit, didn't work out and didn't sleep as well. I'm now into my 2nd day of healthy living again and I already feel much better.

During the lockdown, I started setting up a weekly schedule. For example, I do intermittent fasting, take cold showers (= a minute of cold water at the end), I aimed for a daily number of steps, 4 workouts per week... This really helped me to stay motivated and on track. Sometimes doing something short like a Wim Hof breathing exercise or 5 minutes of yoga/stretching first thing in the morning, will make you start off your day better.

If you're into podcasts, have a look at Impact Theory from Tom Bilyeu. Just scroll through his guest list and see if anyone interests you. They're all on Youtube as well. For sleep hygiene, check out Matthew Walker. He's been on Joe Rogan and he's written a book called Why we sleep which you can listen to entirely in a podcast.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Fitness is a massive part of life, for me it really helps whenever I’m feeling down. If I go for a run, bike ride, walk, or have a gym workout I feel so much better afterwards and it sets up my day especially if I do it in the morning.

OR

You could always get a Siberian Husky, high maintenance but great for active people and are just beautiful dogs.

If these people weren't white, there'd be several dead.
the difference between the protests a few months back and today with police presence etc is genuinely sickening. completely and utterly pathetic and horrific.
Cops taking ******* selfies with these f***ers. Unbelievable.

He's all but condoned the attacks. He incited the whole thing with his carry-ons about election fraud and now we're seeing his feeble-minded supporters who have no way of thinking for themselves responding in due course. The US has long had issues but he's almost single-handedly turned into a failed state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back