Opinion “If” we had a pre game song...

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t we have the North end at home games and reserved seating blocks with our members. That could be a starting point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I could be wrong but when he means 'segregated' I think he meant soccer/football crowds.

15K north fans spread out sitting in a stadium that caters for 50K.

The way seating arrangements are in the AFL venues.....makes it impossible for a club likes ours.

Can't believe this one hasn't been mentioned yet. It's almost as if no-one around here listens to Scottish pirate-metal. Weird.

A rollicking singalong shanty, with a recruitment drive-worthy title that speaks of North's irresistible appeal.

I love Alestorm. The Sunk'n Norwegian is the go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem with our club is the fans are too timid to throw themselves 100% into something like this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nah. We'd all whine and moan about whatever the song is. Most wouldn't participate so it'd look naff and some would send emails to the club's wanting a change that'd end up in the junk folder. In the end they'd give up and go with whatever Marvel Stadium wants.

Nah. We'd all whine and moan about whatever the song is. Most wouldn't participate so it'd look naff and some would send emails to the club's wanting a change that'd end up in the junk folder. In the end they'd give up and go with whatever Marvel Stadium wants.

I think this Fred is over

I think this Fred is over

Did you think it was actually feasible?

Australians do not "chant" like other nations, and anything ever initiated comes from administrations that are overwhelmingly out of touch with the supporter base (see Port & INXS).

I shudder to think what Disneyfied bullshit the current North board might come up with.

Did you think it was actually feasible?

Australians do not "chant" like other nations, and anything ever initiated comes from administrations that are overwhelmingly out of touch with the supporter base (see Port & INXS).

I shudder to think what Disneyfied bullshit the current North board might come up with.
No we don’t get a capacity crowd so it would be an abject failure.

Secondly as someone pointed out we are a passive bunch of supporters and increasingly so. Twice in the last 4 years I have sat behind the cheer squad and once for a * game and it was most deflating.

It was a shitz and giggs thread in downtime but it’s veered off so it’s run it’s course.

No we don’t get a capacity crowd so it would be an abject failure.

You don't need a capacity crowd mate.

Secondly as someone pointed out we are the passive bunch of supporters and increasingly so. Twice in the last 4 years I have sat behind the cheer squad and once for a * game and it was most deflating.

It was a shitz and giggs thread in downtime but it’s veered off so it’s run it’s course.

The disengagement is a byproduct of the media, club and AFL administration.

The game has become so polluted with political, sanitised dictates, that the layperson has become out of touch with any organic cultural feel for the sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back