Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d say sub 20 is very very good. Anyone doing around 5min/kms I think is solid.

I’m just going by local footy, which even at amateur standard you get some decent runners. Which is probably a level above your average joe.

-- People using multiple machines at the same time during peak hour
- Not wiping down machines (especially cardio)
- Hoarding of dumbells
- Slamming of weights
- Putting weights back in the wrong spot
- not putting away weights, not just because the weights have to be racked again but also because I don't know if the station is still in use

Now fully transitioned away from the gym, not perfect level of equipment but enough for my fitness goals in my mid 30's onwards. Can't underestimate having an airconditioned room to myself with RGB LED lighting, 32" curved monitor, computer, xbox and open 24/7. Pretty awesome playing THPS 1+2 during a LISS session.

- Rogue echo bike
- Range 1, 3 and 12.5kg dumbells
- 8kg kettlebell
- weighted vest (adjustable up to 15kg)
- Flat bench
- range of bands with door jam and handles
- One of those multigrip pushup boards, excellent for keeping wrists safe

A lot can be achieved with some creative programming, RPE, volume, variation, frequency if you have some time to experiment and do some research. All depends on your goals.

I don't regret those smolov cycles I was going in my early and middle 20's but I definitely feel more fresh, mobile and 'athletic' 10 years later compared to then.

- Putting weights back in the wrong spot
- not putting away weights, not just because the weights have to be racked again but also because I don't know if the station is still in use

Yes ive been known to rearrange the dumbells from time to time..

Shits me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guy with perfect amount of AS on >>> nice smelling guy with nothing on but no BO >>>>>>>>> overload of AS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"regular" BO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rampant BO that attaches itself to others like in Seinfeld.

Had one of the Local coppers come in the centre to swim this morning, maskless, with a drink bottle hanging out of her mouth.
xx, Have you got your mask for me? We still need to wear it when we come into the centre...
I don't need one i've got a drink.. and just kept walking.. :rolleyes:
She's a serial pest, and was the only one swimming... Took aaaaall of my willpower to not throw a mars bar in the pool...

Nah she was just in Bathers with a T-Shirt over the top, the bottle looked empty as well.
I wonder, when masks were mandatory outdoors and police were fining people, if she'd let me escape a fine when I went for a walk, if I tried the same thing.

A few things:
- that bloke walking around like he wants to fight everybody. Certain gyms attract these characters more than others.
- person who starts clapping chalk everywhere and doesn’t clean the subsequent mess
- when you ask somebody how many sets they have left and then they purposely take a lot more time to finish the last 2 sets.
- someone using horrible form on deadlifts

- when you ask somebody how many sets they have left and then they purposely take a lot more time to finish the last 2 sets.

I get its frustrating if someone is sitting on equipment/not using it but if they're legit maybe go use something else until they're finished...

It sucks getting bugged by people rushing me to finish a set or 2.

We had a guy doing standing single arm concentration curls in the squat rack today. Fortunately there were only three of us in the gym. It was weird, he removed the bar and stood right in the middle of the rack to stare at himself in the mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back