Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Seamus Mitchell - Pick #29 2020 ND - extends to 2025! Round 17 Rising Star!

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 19, 2007
On the south side now
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
nil
Indeed, I want O'Meara to find this spark again.

Felt a bit sorry for Jordan Lewis in that clip

yeah nah

Looks like he sort of blocked Wagner's run there. Latent instincts to shepherd for a brown and gold jumper.

DannyJ

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Sounds promising. Hopefully hes a guy that would have been top 10 had they played in 2020.

Excited by all 4 selections from this draft.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 13, 2010
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors
Could you actually access it?

IIRC we're not allowed to post the entire article so here are the cromulent bits.

“HE’S the best talent I’ve seen come through the Pioneers.”

“His speed, his athleticism, he has got a vertical (jump) and I feel he reads the ball and play a lot quicker than other players,” O’Bree said.

“He’s super smart around goals – and all that gives him a great advantage.”

He said Mitchell would “need to build a body and resilience to cope with the AFL standard of footy”.

“That will happen in time and I just think he’s so exciting and someone we can watch for a couple of hundred games (in the AFL),” he said in a bold prediction.

Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EPL
IIRC we're not allowed to post the entire article so here are the cromulent bits.

“His speed, his athleticism, he has got a vertical (jump) and I feel he reads the ball and play a lot quicker than other players,” O’Bree said.

He said Mitchell would “need to build a body and resilience to cope with the AFL standard of footy”.

“That will happen in time and I just think he’s so exciting and someone we can watch for a couple of hundred games (in the AFL),” he said in a bold prediction.

Sounds like a cross between Connor Rozee and Izak Rankine

Cheers mate.

Who was it that made these comments?

From the paywalled version intro paragraph - looks like it was Pioneers' coach Danny O'bree.
Assistant coach up until this year, so he’s seen a few come through. Not sure when he started.

Assistant coach up until this year, so he’s seen a few come through. Not sure when he started.

Tried to find info on that, but I'm wagering it hasn't been that long as Stringer, Martin and Selwood were all drafted from the Pioneers not that long ago. Stringer not so much for current output, but pre-leg break as a junior he was something special.

That said it still puts him ahead of Kemp, Dow, Caldwell and Brander who were all recent early picks.

I happened to be at training a couple of weeks ago when Seamus did his first bit of running up the wing on the other side of the park with one of the fitness staff.

The training group and coaches in the middle of the ground stopped to cheer him on quite loudly and it was actually a little over the top, to be honest, but it would’ve given him a great feeling of support on his way back from injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back