Star Wars Star Wars - General Discussion / Legends / Comics

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Here's a spoiler, there's more than one Vader.

Worth watching, enjoyed it.
Getting spoiled doesnt bother me. I know im weird, but it really doesn't because you still enjoy it. Like rewatching say ANH for the 80th time, you already know everything, but can still watch and enjoy.

Anyway, thanks for the tip.... I'll check it now.

Getting spoiled doesnt bother me. I know im weird, but it really doesn't because you still enjoy it. Like rewatching say ANH for the 80th time, you already know everything, but can still watch and enjoy.

Anyway, thanks for the tip.... I'll check it now.

In one scene there's three different versions of Vader and two different versions of Luke.

The finale is Luke (ROTJ version) and Rey facing down against Vader, Kylo Ren and the Emperor.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
In one scene there's three different versions of Vader and two different versions of Luke.

The finale is Luke (ROTJ version) and Rey facing down against Vader, Kylo Ren and the Emperor.
That actually sounds awesome. Like you said, more interesting than the ST.
I'm d/l'ing it now and will watch it soon. 👍

But I'm serious....create a YT review/recap....this is how you'll get your channel more exposure...keep uploading more and more SW content. Just imo, try to cap the videos around 15-20 minutes, as most peoples attention span is impatient.

That actually sounds awesome. Like you said, more interesting than the ST.
I'm d/l'ing it now and will watch it soon. 👍

But I'm serious....create a YT review/recap....this is how you'll get your channel more exposure...keep uploading more and more SW content. Just imo, try to cap the videos around 15-20 minutes, as most peoples attention span is impatient.

Yeah, we're gonna do another video soon. Not just Star Wars though it's more a general channel, but will do another SW video soon.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The new animated series post-TROS being developed. Keira Knightley will replace Daisy Ridley as Rey, who has turned down all future SW content. This post-TROS Rey will be older and purportedly have two padawans shes training, or two children (not sure). Also, the animation type will be that seen in video games like KOTOR, not cartoon animation like Rebels etc.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The new animated series post-TROS being developed. Keira Knightley will replace Daisy Ridley as Rey, who has turned down all future SW content. This post-TROS Rey will be older and purportedly have two padawans shes training, or two children (not sure). Also, the animation type will be that seen in video games like KOTOR, not cartoon animation like Rebels etc.
Per Mike Zeroh

What new animated post-TROS series?

The animation in KOTOR is the same but more primitive than CW or Rebels. Come on man.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
The books division seems to have found its mojo, was looking up coming releases and they have almost one a month for the first half of the year, eight in total. And a mix of timeframes: the new High Republic series, the final Alphabet Squadron book set after ROTJ, the continuation of the Thrawn series and a Mandalorian novel.

The books division seems to have found its mojo, was looking up coming releases and they have almost one a month for the first half of the year, eight in total. And a mix of timeframes: the new High Republic series, the final Alphabet Squadron book set after ROTJ, the continuation of the Thrawn series and a Mandalorian novel.

Yeah though I've gotta say, the Alphabet Squadron books really haven't grabbed me. I'll read the last just to see how it gets tied out but the plot is so slow.

I recorded a book review for From A Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back. Minimal spoilers so have a listen if you were considering checking out this book. Might try to do more reviews, I'll see how I go.

Do these *******s realise they are supposed to be making money for companies?

Just seems like a reasonable disclaimer. Instead of putting up with abuse from people after they read the books and don't like them she's just saving herself the trouble.

Don't Twitter realise if they hadn't banned Trump they would have got more clicks and more ad revenue? I guess some companies value some things above the almighty dollar after all?

Demanding that content creators conform to your perspective on the world is a bit narrow-minded, no?

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Just seems like a reasonable disclaimer. Instead of putting up with abuse from people after they read the books and don't like them she's just saving herself the trouble.

Don't Twitter realise if they hadn't banned Trump they would have got more clicks and more ad revenue? I guess some companies value some things above the almighty dollar after all?

Demanding that content creators conform to your perspective on the world is a bit narrow-minded, no?

It's a commercial business, not their private blogs.

Seems like a self centred moronic statement to make.

The vast majority of SW fans don't give a s**t about her personal views being put into Star Wars material, they want awesome Star Wars content.

Yes fans get to demand what they want, they are the ones who are being asked to fork out their money for it.

It's a commercial business, not their private blogs.

Seems like a self centred moronic statement to make.

The vast majority of SW fans don't give a sh*t about her personal views being put into Star Wars material, they want awesome Star Wars content.

Yes fans get to demand what they want, they are the ones who are being asked to fork out their money for it.

That's not really how it works. Fans don't get to demand anything, what a rubbish, self-entitled point of view. It's akin to the "Customer is always right" mentality. That doesn't mean you go into a restaurant and demand they cook you something not on the menu. If you don't like what's being offered, you take your business elsewhere. If enough people go elsewhere, then Disney pivots their SW material. But as long as people are buying it and enjoying it, why would they change just because of a few loud voices?

You're sounding a bit precious here.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
That's not really how it works. Fans don't get to demand anything, what a rubbish, self-entitled point of view. It's akin to the "Customer is always right" mentality. That doesn't mean you go into a restaurant and demand they cook you something not on the menu. If you don't like what's being offered, you take your business elsewhere. If enough people go elsewhere, then Disney pivots their SW material. But as long as people are buying it and enjoying it, why would they change just because of a few loud voices?

You're sounding a bit precious here.

People aren't buying all this woke garbage though. There's no demand for it. It's why comics in the west are dying in the arse and becoming a laughing stock.

So fans do get to set what the demand is for. They are called customers. If you don't listen to customers your business will fail.

Mandalorian is by far their most successful and well received output and guess what, it's completely free from people like Justina Ireland's input.

It was created by people who actually understand what the larger section of the fan base want.

People aren't buying all this woke garbage though. There's no demand for it. It's why comics in the west are dying in the arse and becoming a laughing stock.

So fans do get to set what the demand is for. They are called customers. If you don't listen to customers your business will fail.

Mandalorian is by far their most successful and well received output and guess what, it's completely free from people like Justina Ireland's input.

It was created by people who actually understand what the larger section of the fan base want.

Light of the Jedi is one of the highest selling Sci-Fi books on Amazon last I checked when I went to buy it (and in fact it was sold out) so not quite sure what you're basing "people aren't buying all this woke garbage" on other than a personal bias.

As I said, if people truly aren't buying the current model then they will pivot, just as they did when the ST wasn't successful they pivoted to a different tact with television which is proving successful. If you don't like something you don't have to read it, that's all she's saying. Not quite sure what the need is of getting so worked up over something that isn't being forced on you.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Light of the Jedi is one of the highest selling Sci-Fi books on Amazon last I checked when I went to buy it (and in fact it was sold out) so not quite sure what you're basing "people aren't buying all this woke garbage" on other than a personal bias.

Is Light of the Jedi written by Justina Ireland?

It's not a personal bias, it's based on plummeting sales and rejection of poxy SJW material like New Warriors by consumers.

As I said, if people truly aren't buying the current model then they will pivot, just as they did when the ST wasn't successful they pivoted to a different tact with television which is proving successful. If you don't like something you don't have to read it, that's all she's saying. Not quite sure what the need is of getting so worked up over something that isn't being forced on you.

They did pivot, thus The Mandalorian.

It's not getting worked up. It's saying there's only so many opportunities to produce awesome SW content.

Every time one of those opportunities is put in the hands of people who want to push their own agendas rather than create awesome content then the SW universe takes a backwards step.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Mandalorian was woke, it was just woke in a good unobtrusive understated way, not hamfisted.

0f351ceb6c580be5f0696349269fdd54.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Back