Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
I have a sesh with my psych next week.

Im thinking I can go off antidepressants...? Whats the standard thing here, obviously it is a long process. Not a quick one

Don't do that unless instructed by your doctor/psych. The thing about anti-depressants is they help you to feel more balanced and 'normal', so if you're feeling like you don't need them at the moment because you're back to normal that means they're doing their job. Discuss it with your doctor/psych, but don't do it just because you're feeling better.

Don't do that unless instructed by your doctor/psych. The thing about anti-depressants is they help you to feel more balanced and 'normal', so if you're feeling like you don't need them at the moment because you're back to normal that means they're doing their job. Discuss it with your doctor/psych, but don't do it just because you're feeling better.
Yeah I know that

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm too far gone. I've gained too much weight with the anti D's my stomach feels like concrete. I'm lonely but can't relate to people so will be alone forever but at the same time am sick of arguing with idiots
Sick of being something I'm not and sick of trying to fit in.
I need to get off the pills.
And call time on people who stuff me round.
Just tired of life ATM. I thought summer and time off would be good bit just low

What anti depressant are you actually on and what doseage?

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Male. What's the difference? While they've had an effect physically fortunately not in that department

A s**t ton of difference. Without going into the dozens of differences, its just less effective on men. Theres a male version of Sertaline called Imipramine. If a psychiatrist wants you on that style of drug its Imipramine you would take. Even I know that ffs

Make sure you go to a different psychiatrist id say, Just pay the extra, shop around and find someone whose got the runs on the board so to speak. Save up some money and just pay the extra to go private. Its too important a issue to just see someone randomly and blindly hope they know what they are doing, because unfortunately not all do

Last couple of weeks ive been in struggle town big time. Constant nightmares, super fidgety, cant sleep, terrible thoughts, feeling down constantly, over fatigued.

s**t

Last couple of weeks ive been in struggle town big time. Constant nightmares, super fidgety, cant sleep, terrible thoughts, feeling down constantly, over fatigued.

sh*t
That’s no good mate, has anything changed recently in your life ? Do you do a lot of self talk in your head, especially negative stuff. I find myself really tired when I’m talking in my head a lot . Go on YouTube and look up John Kehoe, he does some amazing videos on the mind , I actually flew to Auckland to see him do one of his last ever conferences. One of the biggest keys to controlling depression is controlling our mind. I always go back to his videos when I’m struggling as it teaches me how to get my thoughts back on track. Beyond blue also has great forums with plenty of people with awesome advice

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

sh*t
I've literally been there. s**t. What you need to do is find a place to go/time off work a hotel room if you can and sleep relax and take a day or 2. Then you can think clearly and find a doctor (a real one) and try work a way forward.
I've no clue what's happened in your life but you need to pause then find someone you trust and work through

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm getting tired trying to avoid my pills and find a new way. This s**t exhausts you after a while and for me in hindsight 30 + years. I actually think I was somehow born with it and it's just getting worse with circumstances.
Just don't have the energy to break through anymore. There's something wrong with me where I can't relate.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
All good.

I just know if i ever find a man, my life wont be changing much. He can go do his stuff he wants to do, and me, mine. If that makes sense. Am in no way one of those clinger gfs.
Same but vice versa. But if I ever get to the stage of a ltr there is so much s**t to Wade through its beyond me.Im just too gone plus all this restriction issues have made it impossible

I'm getting tired trying to avoid my pills and find a new way. This sh*t exhausts you after a while and for me in hindsight 30 + years. I actually think I was somehow born with it and it's just getting worse with circumstances.
Just don't have the energy to break through anymore. There's something wrong with me where I can't relate.
I totally get what your saying it rings true to me on so many levels. I honestly think I could beat depression but I’m very weak minded. I let things get to me so easily and then it just ruins me. I’m pretty sure I have a chemical imbalance which is what the meds fix but it doesn’t change my actual mental state. I’ve done mind power courses and also the landmark forum and the one thing that I’ve learnt about myself is that my way of thinking has become a habit. In most life situations I always think the worst , it’s what I’ve always done, it could be winning the lottery and instead of enjoying it I’d be worried about what to do with the money, all the scabs that would want some etc, except just enjoying the moment. My mind also tells a lot of stories, that simply aren’t true. The way I think is just a bad habit but it is something I can change and there have been periods of my life where I have been in a lot more control of my head. This is the one thing that I rely on when I’m down is knowing that’s it’s not permanent and I can fix it, just have to break that habit

Perth gal

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I had depression and anxiety so bad I went to the emergency department 4 times last year wanting to end it all.
What helped....supportive people/ friends, ,my church, God, relaxing music , my smiling mind app. Keeping busy. Trying to focus on the positive. Work. Anti depressants.
What didn’t....people that stressed me out. Alcohol. Being negative and withdrawing. Toxic people.

It’s coming up on 8 months now that I’ve battled the urge to throw myself from a cliff, drive into the nearest truck, or take a concoction of drugs and drift away off this mortal coil. My only fear is that there is no immortal coil, and that I have the most beautiful 4 year old daughter who deserves better...yet here I am standing on the edge again wondering whether any of its worth it

Stickitupthem

Team Captain
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
It’s coming up on 8 months now that I’ve battled the urge to throw myself from a cliff, drive into the nearest truck, or take a concoction of drugs and drift away off this mortal coil. My only fear is that there is no immortal coil, and that I have the most beautiful 4 year old daughter who deserves better...yet here I am standing on the edge again wondering whether any of its worth it
Hang in there don’t ever ever give up
it’s never bad for too long you’ll see the sunset and rise it’s beautiful even if it’s just a glimpse it takes your breath away just focus on the good things believe me it works

Mate, you cannot do that to your daughter. You know you are better than that. That one sentence in the middle of that paragraph is testimony to it. Get onto Beyond Blue now.

Ring your GP tomorrow morning and get a referral ASAP.

Hang in there don’t ever ever give up
it’s never bad for too long you’ll see the sunset and rise it’s beautiful even if it’s just a glimpse it takes your breath away just focus on the good things believe me it works
When? I’ve been down every available path and I can’t find a way out of this s**t

Stickitupthem

Team Captain
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
When? I’ve been down every available path and I can’t find a way out of this sh*t
I can guarantee you that when the sun rises it’s a new day and when you get to the next day it brings a new start
And whatever brings you happiness will remind you of why your here believe me it’s powerful think positive try it it works block the negative thoughts out and think of the next day when the sun rises again and a new positive day begins

Hang in there mate, as tough as your mind is telling you things are, it’s only temporary, it will get better. Just keep thinking of your daughter and all the wonderful memories you are yet to create with her. You have to just keep pushing . I have been been where you are numerous times, it’s the worst but trust me you can get through it and you will. If you don’t want to call beyond blue at least post on their forums, you can be anonymous and get everything off your chest . Whatever it is that’s getting you this way you need to talk about it and work through it. Write your thoughts down , that can help too. Whenever those negative thoughts come in acknowledge them and then get rid of them and think of positive things. Your daughters laugh , her smile , her hugs , there are plenty of positives in your life they are just clouded at the moment.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Just passed 3 months sober and finding my mental health finally starting to improve after the cluster * of 2020. Was in an absolute hole 3 months ago so being able to get this far has been a huge win already. Anyone trying to hold on please keep holding on because it can get better and better. Get the help you need and keep focusing on the little wins. The world's a much better place with you in it

Back