Gold Coast Suns Pre-Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL have intentionally given us a very easy draw to start for the last few years. Played a number of the bottom 4 at home in the first 6-7 rounds every year.
I don't expect us to be looked after to the same degree - will just get the standard bottom 4 draw this year.

The AFL have intentionally given us a very easy draw to start for the last few years. Played a number of the bottom 4 at home in the first 6-7 rounds every year.
I don't expect us to be looked after to the same degree - will just get the standard bottom 4 draw this year.
To a lesser extent, I expect another compromised season including possibility of hubs and compromised schedule. Vaccines will available to whole population only by the end of year. At the moment. nobody knows for how long vaccines provide immunity. It also looks like 40% people don't plan to get vaccinated.

If season would start now, I suspect GWS and Swans would have to move out of NSW. It will be interesting to see what will happen with AFLW, Giants specifically. The AFLW season starts in 6 weeks.

For AFL sake, I hope Victoria can stay covid-free.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To a lesser extent, I expect another compromised season including possibility of hubs and compromised schedule. Vaccines will available to whole population only by the end of year. At the moment. nobody knows for how long vaccines provide immunity. It also looks like 40% people don't plan to get vaccinated.

If season would start now, I suspect GWS and Swans would have to move out of NSW. It will be interesting to see what will happen with AFLW, Giants specifically. The AFLW season starts in 6 weeks.

For AFL sake, I hope Victoria can stay covid-free.
Let's see next year you are spot on or 80 % wrong .

Ellis went sub 6 minutes from what I could hear - 5.59!! but Rankine and Anderson not far behind with around 6.08 times. Brodie was an interesting one - in the middle of the pack and just hanging in BUT then blitzed over the last 200 metres leaving the rest of the middle pack behind. Not sure of time but I reckon there's a bigger tank in there these days - hoping for a big season from Will. Greenwood with new skin head look seemed to lag a little but I guess he's never been known for his speed. Weller seen having a quiet chuck behind the sheds so not everybody found the post Christmas 2k much fun.

Ellis went sub 6 minutes from what I could hear - 5.59!! but Rankine and Anderson not far behind with around 6.08 times. Brodie was an interesting one - in the middle of the pack and just hanging in BUT then blitzed over the last 200 metres leaving the rest of the middle pack behind. Not sure of time but I reckon there's a bigger tank in there these days - hoping for a big season from Will. Greenwood with new skin head look seemed to lag a little but I guess he's never been known for his speed. Weller seen having a quiet chuck behind the sheds so not everybody found the post Christmas 2k much fun.
Rankine the best news there

Yeah rankine 6:08, wowee. The young man has put in work.
Looking forward to some midfield time
For the young man.

....a few more observations. Rowell was there but didn't participate as was new Kid, Hollands. Looks OK just generally running around but also didn't do the 2K (but could be wrong). Ben King came in towards the end of his group but didn't appear to be struggling - just big and a little slower than the rest. Lukosius looks bigger which can't be a bad thing! .....and that Murtagh guy is huge!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back