News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Karate kid wasn’t my favourite movie, but Cobra Kai is fast becoming one of my favourite shows!

Cobra Kai Never Dies baby!!!

I love Johnny from the 80s trying to use technology in 2020.

"Hasbrown that to the internet".

+1

Takes the nostalgia of the 80s and introduces a new story from Johnny's perspective.

Its a brilliant, fun, drama-comedy.
I like the way he has no time for the PC shite of today. I can relate.

Not to me. A cringey un-funny poorly written attempt full of obvious and uninteresting plot directions.
Not for me. A funny well written attempt that draws in and and pays homage to the past and mixes that well with the present day.

The Karate Kid trilogy/Cobra Kai is after all said and done, a family-type of movie and that is its audience and has always has been. For its genre, its great.

I like the way he has no time for the PC sh*te of today. I can relate.

I enjoyed Johnny's line of thinking that handicap/paralysis are "just words" with Miguel.

Made a similar comment about his asthma in S1.

I liked their relationship, as Johnny teaches him, Miguel also teaches Johnny too.

Given how woke/PC correct many shows are nowadays, this is kind of refreshing to be honest.

I enjoyed Johnny's line of thinking that handicap/paralysis are "just words" with Miguel.

Made a similar comment about his asthma in S1.

I liked their relationship, as Johnny teaches him, Miguel also teaches Johnny too.

Given how woke/PC correct many shows are nowadays, this is kind of refreshing to be honest.
I just started watching the other night seen 2 episodes. Asthma comment was in episode 1 I think. There was another one where Johnny said something and Miguel questions him about his non PC comment and Johnny looks at Miguel with this dumbfounded. “What tha *” look. I think I actually said “bloody oath man” in agreement. 🤣 Talking to my TV. 😱

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stingray was funny in that fight scene, bought some comedic relief to what ended up being a very serious incident.
I had no idea that fight scene was coming. So by about the 6 minute mark of a 20+ kid fight scene I was pretty much awestruck.

You are right though, the end of it was pretty confronting

I just started watching the other night seen 2 episodes. Asthma comment was in episode 1 I think. There was another one where Johnny said something and Miguel questions him about his non PC comment and Johnny looks at Miguel with this dumbfounded. “What tha fu**” look. I think I actually said “bloody oath man” in agreement. 🤣 Talking to my TV. 😱
You just started watching. Oh mate I’m jealous! I just finished season 3 and have the long slog ahead of me.

Saw him on graham Norton when it came out and there was just nothing in it that looked interesting. It just looked absurd. I like him though.
I'm not sure how something can be totally absurd and uninteresting at the same time. Guess it's all subjective.

It's a weird move and I'd reccomend it to people who like weird.

I had no idea that fight scene was coming. So by about the 6 minute mark of a 20+ kid fight scene I was pretty much awestruck.

You are right though, the end of it was pretty confronting

Same I expected a quiet sedate ending and got to view a very satisfying conclusion to s2.

I felt s3 ending too was a good ending, though repetitive, to s2 it was redeemed by the Kreese v Johnny, Johnny v son, Daniel v Kreese fights. The highlight of the season was Johnny actually engaging in defense (Miyagi) when being attacked by his son. Taking punches and klcks like a punching bag. It was what that fight in particular represented, ie, Johnny loved his son and under no circumstances would attack him as he had been trained all his life to do.

Daniel about to unleash a killer blow to Kreese has been somewhat swept under the rug. I wonder if they will explore the potential consequences of him hitting Kreese fatally.

You just started watching. Oh mate I’m jealous! I just finished season 3 and have the long slog ahead of me.
S4 rumoured to be out in Jan 2022.

If the pandemic subsides, it wouldnt surprise me to see this released a lot earlier in the US, like in October, their prime TV.

Filming for S4 is expected to conclude by April.

I tried to watch that and I do enjoy some odd stuff, but I couldn't continue with that. I did love when he was using the body as a jet ski.
Yeah it's not for everyone. The film is totally bizarre. Radcliffe's post Harry Potter career is nothing special but I think he's doing better than Rupert Grint and Emma Watson.

If people want something more traditional with Radcliffe, Escape from Praetoria is a decent prison escape film. They shot it in Adelaide too. It's no Shawshank but it's alright.

Same I expected a quiet sedate ending and got to view a very satisfying conclusion to s2.

I felt s3 ending too was a good ending, though repetitive, to s2 it was redeemed by the Kreese v Johnny, Johnny v son, Daniel v Kreese fights. The highlight of the season was Johnny actually engaging in defense (Miyagi) when being attacked by his son. Taking punches and klcks like a punching bag. It was what that fight in particular represented, ie, Johnny loved his son and under no circumstances would attack him as he had been trained all his life to do.

Daniel about to unleash a killer blow to Kreese has been somewhat swept under the rug. I wonder if they will explore the potential consequences of him hitting Kreese fatally.
Yeah the s3 finale was pretty good. Not quite a good as the s2, but it had its moments. A lot of side switching happening which leads me to believe that by the end of s4 it will be fully back to the Karate kid staple of "Miyagi Do = Good Guys, Cobra Kai = Bad guys", so you could be right, a death to Kreese may end up being the conclusion to S4, but I think if anyone was going to do it, it would be Johnny.

Not sure what they are going to do with the Robby character. Is he going to go full Villian mode next season, or continue his see saw back and forth?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back