The Association Football Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s a phenomenal effort, they’ve conjured something pretty special here. New India.

Paine had a day to forget, drops three catches including that crucial one late on. Yet is running his mouth as the bowler is coming in, and spouting s**t about the Gabba. That was very weak, showed that he cracked under the pressure.

Surely theres better keepers in shield cricket than Paine.
Paine, by and large, is a good keeper. He had a very bad day today though.

The heir apparent is much, much worse. Inglis is probably the best.

Surely theres better keepers in shield cricket than Paine.
I don’t think so. Carey is clearly the one they have next in line, but has his issues behind the stumps and hasn’t done enough with the bat to justify being a lesser keeper. For perspective his first class average is the same as Paines test average.

He had an awful day as Keeper and captain today, but he’s got plenty of credits in the bank. His innings in the first match was the match winner and he just became the fastest keeper in test history to 150 dismissals

To be fair to Paine he was man of the match in the first Test, and played a pivotal role there. Today though was just very poor.

The dropped catches and tactics were one thing, but seeing him and the likes of Wade (what’s he actually done this series?) resort to that sort of behaviour is just embarrassing to watch.

To be fair to Paine he was man of the match in the first Test, and played a pivotal role there. Today though was just very poor.

The dropped catches and tactics were one thing, but seeing him and the likes of Wade (what’s he actually done this series?) resort to that sort of behaviour is just embarrassing to watch.
Agree, clearly showed that they cracked today. The body language from the entire team was pretty ordinary along with some of the actions.

I don’t think it’s a big deal if they admit their mistakes, move on to Brisbane and go back to the way the rest of the series has been played. Today was somewhat understandable, but they need to learn from it and be better next time.

India clearly frustrated them, and when that happens, especially in Cricket, you can see players start to crack, and say stupid s**t. India survived 131 overs, the aussies would be incredibly annoyed.

the problem is that when it doesnt go our way, we become very petulant and whiny. plus they're not really good enough to back up any of the lip with any consistency.

the problem is that when it doesnt go our way, we become very petulant and whiny. plus they're not really good enough to back up any of the lip with any consistency.

That’s been a long term trait, a throwback to entitled teams of the past who embarrass themselves with such s**t behaviour when things don’t go their way.

The current squad has vastly cleaned that up, mostly because they had to after the debacle a couple of years ago.

The banter and chatting is fine. Paine continuing to talk s**t whilst Ashwin is trying to face up to Lyon coming in, that’s honestly ridiculous. Borderline cheating. I’m glad Ashwin backed up and waited till Paine shut the * up before taking guard again.

And as for Wade’s faux tough guy stuff, geez. Again, it’d be lovely for him to STFU as well and maybe try and get some runs first.

He's not a test bowler and never has been. Take away Pink ball tests and the minnows and SL and West Indies... He has an average of 33. Shane Watson had that as an allrounder.
The whole which quarter is better debate that the fox sports coverage kept putting up comparing this lot to McGrath Warne Lee and Dizzy at the time I thought was odd. But the "numbers" stacked up well.

But I don't think those 4 from the past ever let a wounded side survive so easily on day 5

He hasn’t had a good few days. Needs to get his s**t together, and only just seen the footage of Smith’s antics when Pant was batting. Just completely unnecessary and reflects very poorly again on a team who historically loves to own and dictate which side of “the line” their behaviour lands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He hasn’t had a good few days. Needs to get his sh*t together, and only just seen the footage of Smith’s antics when Pant was batting. Just completely unnecessary and reflects very poorly again on a team who historically loves to own and dictate which side of “the line” their behaviour lands.

David Warner pressured him into doing it......

Are we surprised how ugly the players act?

Its cricket, its what the Aussies always do.

Not surprised per se as it is weird that a player who we all had to feel sorry for because he went all Son Heung-Min on the public is now acting like a campaigner again.

David Warner pressured him into doing it......

I guess using his feet is easier to conceal than sandpaper? :D

A s**t look regardless. No surprise that some of the players resorts to the behaviour we saw yesterday, it’s almost part of the team culture. When things don’t happen like they want them to.

I haven’t heard too much of the “I’ve got more friends than you” style of sledging since primary school. Yet that’s from the mouth of the Australian captain whilst a batsman is trying to face up to a bowler coming in. Pathetic.

Such a contrast to the way you see this Indian team go about it. It’s been great watching with my sons how world class players such as Pujara, Bumrah etc conduct themselves with genuine class and sportsmanship. Not the tiresome s**t we’ve become accustomed to.

I guess using his feet is easier to conceal than sandpaper? :D

A sh*t look regardless. No surprise that some of the players resorts to the behaviour we saw yesterday, it’s almost part of the team culture. When things don’t happen like they want them to.

I haven’t heard too much of the “I’ve got more friends than you” style of sledging since primary school. Yet that’s from the mouth of the Australian captain whilst a batsman is trying to face up to a bowler coming in. Pathetic.

Such a contrast to the way you see this Indian team go about it. It’s been great watching with my sons how world class players such as Pujara, Bumrah etc conduct themselves with genuine class and sportsmanship. Not the tiresome sh*t we’ve become accustomed to.

I never cared how successful the Australian Cricket Team were when I became a fan of the sport in the mid 1990’s, even as a teenager I still disliked them back then (as I do now) because they’ve always been a bunch of campaigners. I have always supported the West Indies as an alternative.

This behavior has never surprised me, even though it should be embarrassing after whole sandpaper incident and the internal review of the culture. Because of course Steve Smith would just try to cheat again.

I do find it a bit rich the Indian supporters having a go about cheating when nothing came of the ball tampering in the 2nd test. Or the fact that they got to field a substitute superior WK because their selected one was too injured to field, but not to injured to throw his bat around and make 97.

These two sides are as bad as each other.

That Indian lineup, holy s**t. Can’t recall a touring team being this ravaged by injuries.

No Bumrah, Ashwin, Jadeja, Vihari on top of Kohli, Yadav, Shami.

Coming into this test match the Indian attack had 4 matches between them.

It's bizarre that they didn't recall Saha. They need his keeping

Remove this Banner Ad

Back