Discussion 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Quite the converse, snakes do what snakes do, they do not care if they are right or wrong in any situation, that being said, well known Judd had issues with his shoulders back then and I'm opinion that instead of breaking Balls groin, we'd have broken Judds arms instead such was our inability to do literally anything else but watch that car crash happen.
i agree ... around the time Ball had issues with OP so did Judd the differance was Judd had the WCE medicos who managed to get it fixed for him ... our medicos allowed us to keep pushing Ball through to battle with it... i remember seein Ball after a game in so much pain he could barely walk he was crippled by it but the very next week he was back out there battling through ....
had we taken Judd i reckon we would have broken him

KingsRansom

Club Legend
Aug 23, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah righto, its still bullshit, your sounding like old mate flamingo

I'm only posting a photo thats on other pages. Don't know how that compares me to a bloke creating rumours by not actually saying anything...think old Rona has clouded your memory of old Johnny Ray somewhat 🤔

KingsRansom

Club Legend
Aug 23, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
And its kind of common fact that lethlean was let go for throwing the leg over another staff member...so, I'm still unsure where your pink bird reference is coming from

Saints43

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2010
Flemington
AFL Club
St Kilda
Lethlean was told otherwise
I think Lethers was using company time and company money to fly to Sydney for his meetings. Pretty different.
I love what he's done at our club but if that had been me at my company I wouldn't have been sent a subsidiary company on hundreds of thousands of dollars...

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think Lethers was using company time and company money to fly to Sydney for his meetings. Pretty different.
I love what he's done at our club but if that had been me at my company I wouldn't have been sent a subsidiary company on hundreds of thousands of dollars...
depends on if you had dirt on other higher ranking officals doing dodgy stuff in your back pocket ....

Sep 27, 2012
Behind You
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
i agree ... around the time Ball had issues with OP so did Judd the differance was Judd had the WCE medicos who managed to get it fixed for him ... our medicos allowed us to keep pushing Ball through to battle with it... i remember seein Ball after a game in so much pain he could barely walk he was crippled by it but the very next week he was back out there battling through ....
had we taken Judd i reckon we would have broken him
On the mark there I reckon. We would have stuffed all of them somehow.
Reckon there was a bit of mismanagement with Xav's hamstrings as well.
We were bloody shocking with injury management through that time.

On the mark there I reckon. We would have stuffed all of them somehow.
Reckon there was a bit of mismanagement with Xav's hamstrings as well.
We were bloody shocking with injury management through that time.

It's a bit overstated and really just bad luck. I remember GT was one of the first to get on to a Uni (I think it was Monash) and have them try to help manage and track the players injuries. It was ahead of plenty of sides of the time. Ross Lyon went through and cut a lot of the players who were physically lacking resilience.

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's a bit overstated and really just bad luck. I remember GT was one of the first to get on to a Uni (I think it was Monash) and have them try to help manage and track the players injuries. It was ahead of plenty of sides of the time. Ross Lyon went through and cut a lot of the players who were physically lacking resilience.
i think we had at the time grabbed the trainer/ sports science guy from Freo and on his arrival we had a sharp increase of injury .. im not sure if we could pin the blame on him exclusively but from memory before he landed we were about average for injurys , while he was with us we were crippled by them and when he left we got much better with them ....

KingsRansom

Club Legend
Aug 23, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah looks like you were right Dimma so so upset at training last night :rolleyes:
You need to stop following those flogs on Dwitter , they have no f----ing idea

Are you ok mate? Im assuming the work front has gone a bit quiet since getting the flick from budget direct, you've been a bit snarky lately.

Think you need to see if snickers needs a stunt man

Are you ok mate? Im assuming the work front has gone a bit quiet since getting the flick from budget direct, you've been a bit snarky lately.

Think you need to see if snickers needs a stunt man
Yeah im all good , thanks for asking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think we had at the time grabbed the trainer/ sports science guy from Freo and on his arrival we had a sharp increase of injury .. im not sure if we could pin the blame on him exclusively but from memory before he landed we were about average for injurys , while he was with us we were crippled by them and when he left we got much better with them ....

They got Dave Misson in from Sydney in 2008.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
This is a very interesting article regarding the ongoing management of players with concussions. Basically suggesting that a blood test may be able to better define when players have actually recovered from a concussion incident.

Seems like the impacts are much longer lasting than the players actually feel and a break of up to 3 to 4 may be needed following concussion.

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
They got Dave Misson in from Sydney in 2008.
i think it was the guy before that ... i cant for the life of me remember his name .. but i think he was relly well respected in other sports then came to Freo and they had a shocking run of injury then we grabbed him and we had a shocking run as well ...

i remember at the time he outlawed the players wearing thongs as it put undue stress on the lower legs using the toes to grip the plug... he also removed squats from the training as he didnt think they were worth the effort for return on the movment ....
he had som out there practices thats for sure

originally he denied any issues

i was going to write something to the effect that Jon Patton is using a mental health excuse for his harassment. however he has gone hospital over it so, maybe he has more issues than most people

originally he denied any issues

i was going to write something to the effect that Jon Patton is using a mental health excuse for his harassment. however he has gone hospital over it so, maybe he has more issues than most people

I know his sister, he's a nice kid and seems out of character for him. Pretty stupid behaviour from him regardless. Hopefully it's nothing too serious and it's a media beat up. I feel sorry for his family.

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
without going into too much detail … ive been working with a similar situation with an employee who has been umm lets say "less than gentlemanly" to some lady's online …
I think the issue here is with it being online communication there is that ease of not taking it as being real so often these guys completely out of character will push boundaries that they wouldn't come close to engaging in when dealing with people face to face … there's a somewhat confidence inflation online that makes some people feel more comfortable being a more exagerated version of themselves online .. guys (and girls as well) sometimes feel more empowered and entitled to type what they would normally just think in the back of their mind ...

i hate to think how things will progress into the future as tech becomes even more interwoven into our personalities ...

without going into too much detail … ive been working with a similar situation with an employee who has been umm lets say "less than gentlemanly" to some lady's online …
I think the issue here is with it being online communication there is that ease of not taking it as being real so often these guys completely out of character will push boundaries that they wouldn't come close to engaging in when dealing with people face to face … there's a somewhat confidence inflation online that makes some people feel more comfortable being a more exagerated version of themselves online .. guys (and girls as well) sometimes feel more empowered and entitled to type what they would normally just think in the back of their mind ...

i hate to think how things will progress into the future as tech becomes even more interwoven into our personalities ...

It's oppressive the tech age. We could go and get smashed and vomit on ourselves and no-one posted it on youtube the next day. You did something stupid and it wasn't stored permanently online somewhere. It's a tough time to be young, you can't escape you dumb decisions. In the old days footy players were able to be absolute messes and get away with it. Sending dick pics wouldn't make it onto the guys in the nineties wrap sheets even.

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's oppressive the tech age. We could go and get smashed and vomit on ourselves and no-one posted it on youtube the next day. You did something stupid and it wasn't stored permanently online somewhere. It's a tough time to be young, you can't escape you dumb decisions. In the old days footy players were able to be absolute messes and get away with it. Sending dick pics wouldn't make it onto the guys in the nineties wrap sheets even.
On the other hand, footballers before the Golden Age only had the opportunity to flash their dicks in the flesh. As one of our proudest did. I don’t subscribe to the argument that life is tougher now. Stupid is as stupid does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back