Players You'd Like To See Breakout In 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I would really love to see Jesse Hogan smash it at GWS. I genuinely feel for the guy with all the pressure that was heaped on him as a youngster and then all that he personally went through. Would defeat the best of us and I hope that in Sydney with the pressure cooker environment of WA / Vic being non existent he can focus on just his footy and show the freak talent that he is.

I’ll do one that I think will break out, and one that I’d like to see break out.

From Richmond I think Callum Coleman-Jones will break out. There is a huge spot that opened up in the ruck with Soldo out so I hope that he makes it.
I’d like to see Riley Collier-Dawkins break out. I believe that he’d improve our side by a lot, so having him break out would be really nice.

From other clubs, Aaron Naughton from Bulldogs is the one that I think will break out. He has shown some really positive signs (sometimes really scary for the opposition) so I think he can take the next step this year.
The one I want to see break out is Jarrod Brander from West Coast. He has the tools to make it in my opinion but was just caught up behind solid talls at West Coast. I think he’ll have a few opportunities this year to seize a spot in the best 22.

No it's not .
We want to know who might have a good year and improve. Like something vaguely realistic.

"Blow the roof of the comp" is delusional fantasy hyperbole. Hallucination.

Just the type of delusional fantasy hyperbole north fans are known for on bigfooty.i remember the "big four" or whatever the fu** it was.

Just calm the ******* farm.

I hope LDU goes ok but he's not going "blow the roof off" anything unless he throws a Molotov cocktail into an ardern st fertiliser factory.

Didn’t see anything in Off Tap’s opener about the intended rules of the thread. Not sure it was intended that people would post Dusty either or Shaun Atley either.

I think LDU is the most underrated U22 in the comp and if you watch the second half of 2020 it’s very clear to see he is about to take a very big next step having got over some injury issues.

Delusional fantasy hyperbole - nope. Just excited about an up and coming star.

Enjoy the rest of the thread champ, you are clearly highly invested in it. Hoping someone might nominate Will Hayward?

Two players at Geelong - Jordan Clark and Esava Ratugolea. Clark had a very good first season marred by injury at the end and 2020 was forgettable. I am predicting Esava will become our No.1 ruckman.

Two players at Geelong - Jordan Clark and Esava Ratugolea. Clark had a very good first season marred by injury at the end and 2020 was forgettable. I am predicting Esava will become our No.1 ruckman.

Is becoming the #1 ruck over Stanley and Blicavs really a breakout year though?

Clark will be a star agree

Willie Rioli

Will Hayward from Sydney 😏

Is becoming the #1 ruck over Stanley and Blicavs really a breakout year though?

Clark will be a star agree
No, that's not a massive hurdle, I agree. But becoming a dominant, athletic ruckman in his own right will

Didn’t see anything in Off Tap’s opener about the intended rules of the thread. Not sure it was intended that people would post Dusty either or Shaun Atley either.

I think LDU is the most underrated U22 in the comp and if you watch the second half of 2020 it’s very clear to see he is about to take a very big next step having got over some injury issues.

Delusional fantasy hyperbole - nope. Just excited about an up and coming star.

Enjoy the rest of the thread champ, you are clearly highly invested in it. Hoping someone might nominate Will Hayward?
New thread.

"Fever dreams on players under 23"

New thread.

"Fever dreams on players under 23"

Sure, I'll start: Will Hayward's mind blowing 10 disposal avg in 2020 is absolutely worth naming your account over

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Purely for the highlights reel, Izak Rankine. His ceiling is incredible.

I'll name Todd Marshall from Port too. Kid has been through a lot and would deserve some success.

Carlton
SPS, Dow, JSOS & LOB: they've been in the system number of years now and are approaching make or break time.

Others:
Jarrod Berry, while he's already a handy player, I can see him really elevating himself into a gun player.
Stephenson: he's got his flaws but can be a weapon for his side too, getting moved on by the Pies may be the foot up the backside required.
Caldwell: he's shown some promise but has had relatively limited opportunities, Essendon will want him playing a larger role for them and I can see him stepping up.
Jack Graham: he's got the tools to be a quality contributor, I expect that he'll step up to reduce the workload on a few of the older fellas.

Essendon need Nick Hind to have a breakout season.

Mason Cox to go from a fringe player to a regular contributor

From my club - SPS, Dow and McKay
From others - Zac Bailey, jarrod Brander and Patrick Lipinski.

I’d like to see Willie Rioli break out of the clutches of ASADA

Even playing for a plague team he was just about my favourite player too watch

12 mths for being a numpty is enough

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

From the Tigers, Jack Ross.
He's on the fringe but will force his way into the side and stay there this year I think.
Could easily be a 200+ game player.

From the Blues I would love to see Jack Silvagni get his body right, solidify a spot in the team and have a break out year. He's got all the tools, just needs it all to click.

Other teams I'd love to see Jade Gresham become a star of the comp. Loved him in his draft year, he just needs to put it all together also.

Jack Silvagni (aka Son of Jo) has no tools other than his name. Too short and slight to be a key position player, not a particularly good kick, doesn't rack up disposals, doesn't have elite endurance. He comes out of contract at the end of 2021 and he's more likely to be delisted than have a break-out year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back